The mysterious pop bottle cap.

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anybody go to open their pop and the cap on it is SO tight that you can't open it no matter what? I bruised and tore up the palm of my hand yesterday trying to open a Coke bottle. I hate when they tighten themselves so much.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I find those little grippy mats really work well. I almost never have to ask my husband to open stuff naymore. Though sometimes I do 'cos it gives him such a wee thrill!

Umm, Jason, perhaps you should just ask Tara next time?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I find those little grippy mats really work well. I almost never have to ask my husband to open stuff naymore. Though sometimes I do 'cos it gives him such a wee thrill!

Umm, Jason, perhaps you should just ask Tara next time?
Maybe I will.

Usually if I try hard enough they open. This one I put everything I had into it and it didn't budge. Maybe I'll have to switch to Pepsi.

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I am working out, relax relax!!

I'll hit the weights extra hard tonight just for all of you.

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont drink carbonated beverages so I dont have to worry about the Coke bottles but for everything else I use the grippy thingers or I ask JosÃ[emoji]169[/emoji].

I'm so weak that I've also been known to pull out a pearing knife!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The worst is when you try to open a beer bottle that isn't twist-off like it is. Ripped open my palm like that once. Now there are more bottle openers than you could use in the kitchen.

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

The worst is when you try to open a beer bottle that isn't twist-off like it is. Ripped open my palm like that once. Now there are more bottle openers than you could use in the kitchen.

I've watched people struggle with those. Kind of funny after you've had a couple of drinks in you.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

I have a fantastic gadget with various size heads that squeezes around the bottle top and then allows me to apply leverage without ripping my hands to bits - I love it
I used to have a jar opener that would work well for the gatorade lids, but I haven't been able to find it for months.