The Most Annoying/ hated TV Commercials

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

The Halls Refresh commercial with the kid and the mom gives me the creeps. So weird and odd and icky.
I feel dirty after watching that one.

The Old Navy ones with the stupid manikins and the Gap ones are annoying.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really hate most jewelry commercials but there is one that drives me nuts for the dumbest reason! The one where the song "i got you babe" is playing while the couple is ice skating...in general it is annoying but also it bugs me because that song is about a young couple just starting out and knowing they can make it through it all because they have eachother...On screen is a rich middle age couple...and the guy is ugly. LMAO.

Also...i hate the old navy commercials with the freaking manoquins (sp) they are creepy and i hate the commercal where these 2 guys and a girl are BASICALLY about to have a 3 some and some woman bursts in all surprised...and guess what??? i dont even know what the darn thing is advertising!

i LOVE the Jim Bean commercal where all these guys have puppies and then the focus on a stand that says "Puppy rentals" and the advertiser says "Guys never change, neither does Jim Bean" it is sooo cute and funny!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

I can stand the male enhancement commercials! They irritate the hell out of me.

Then, there is a Dell commercial, where they're in a factory and the workers start singing "Lollipop, lollipop, ohhh lolli-lollipop.." And they wrap the mini laptops in wrappers to look like candy. That one gets on my nerves sooooo bad!

This one isn't national, its local. But those of you who live around Philadelphia or south Jersey might know. The Cherry Hill Triplex commercials. There's this skinny guy who screams the whole commercial about Kias and "WHY AREN'T YA HERE YET?!?!" I can't stand him.
I totally love the lollipop commercial!!!! I sing along with it every time

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Halls Refresh [have to avert my eyes cause it creeps me out]

AT&T Rollover [I mute it as fast as I can]

Every ED commercial [can you imagine how many kids must ask, "hey mom, what's ED?"]

Male enhancement commercials [yep, proof positive that 'there's a sucker born every minute'
]

Old Navy [their commercial is as cheap & cheezy as all their clothes]

The dark haired girl on those Progressive commercials [yeah, the one with the 'bumpit' in her stringy hair and the 50's eye makeup]

I'll tell you the commercial that I always love tho......it's the Toyoto Prius one where everything on screen, from the sun to the clouds to the trees and grass are all people dressed in costumes. It's simply brilliant IMO

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PookieBoy

Halls Refresh
I've seen this mentioned here so many times but have no idea what everyone's talking about. Maybe I should be glad?

Mucinex is gross and around here, the ED ads are relentless. In fact, people were angry on the internet because ED ads were running during the baseball playoffs and World Series, because alot of kids watch baseball - i agree

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Snuggies one where the woman says "why don't you make one more stylish for people like me!" She then is seen in the zebra print Snuggie. Annoying because who wears them outside?

Medical direct shipment commercials, espcially ones for catheters. I know they're a fact of life, but I don't need to see someone cry into the camera "I wish there were a better way!" or "I got my scooter at no cost to me!"

The Kia commercial airing in NBA games. It shows a bunch of star players (Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce and others) in action and then announces that the Sorrento is the "official car of the NBA". Yeah - I can just see a zillionare athelete drive around in one of those! And the fake hip-hop music is annoying.

And, if you're in the northeast you'll know what I'm talking about - Bob's Discount Furniture. The owner insists on being in every commercial, names the furniture lines after himself, and has a really creepy looking cartoon likeness with a yellow shirt that looks like a deformed Homer Simpson.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

Same here. But I bet now that I said something I will see it..
Maybe it's not run for the northeast?

Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

Bob's Discount Furniture.
Oh those
I just let those run -- in 30 seconds, they're over & done with. I've seen much worse than Bob's.

1-800-MATTRESS is annoying -- they've kept the same jingle for over a decade.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

I've seen this mentioned here so many times but have no idea what everyone's talking about. Maybe I should be glad?

Mucinex is gross and around here, the ED ads are relentless. In fact, people were angry on the internet because ED ads were running during the baseball playoffs and World Series, because alot of kids watch baseball - i agree
If you dare, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0wKM...eature=related

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh katachtig, yeah, now I can say I've seen this dumb ad twice or so (maximum) this year -- and I thought oh how insipid, this is what they paid an agency for? I'm glad it's not run alot

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand those GEICO commercials with the pile of money with eyes. It's just so stupid.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I can't stand those GEICO commercials with the pile of money with eyes. It's just so stupid.
I think the money with the eyes is a creepy stalker lol! But I like the song they play "I always feel like, somebody's watchin meeeee!"

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gap has one now with 9-year-old girls dancing sassy (e.g. hips going pow-pow) like they're 19 (10 years too early) it doesn't sit right with me but what do you expect from a company like Gap? they're all about the "almighty dollar"

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so in my "I'm snowed in" post, I talked about the Happy Cows from CA commercials. I never found them that annoying, but now I just gotta laugh that the CA cows that I can see from my windows don't look happy out there at all!