The Most Annoying/ hated TV Commercials

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What makes you cringe, lunge for the remote, plug your ears shut you eyes and go "LA LA LA LA LA"
I hate those Hillshire farms commercials where they are singing about meat. Nothing against eating meat, or Hillshire farms, just against the incredibly annoying lyrics to the song/chant that the really annoying people sing/chant.
The Halls Refresh comercial which has a Mom and a teenage kid making the most disturbing faces while they stare into eachother eyes and a voice over narrates for us, as if it was not bad enough. Every time I see this I want to wash my brain in bleach.
Anything with the Burger King "King" he just freaks me out and scares me.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those Education Connection commercials. Even with them auto tuning her I think the woman sounds terrible. And yes, the commercial is on youtube for those who haven't heard it..

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate the Febreeze commercial that has the teenage guy in his room and the mom says that have to "wash the whole room" I don't what it is, but it seems liek the people are not really the ones talking?

Also, the Enterprise rent-a-car commercial where the couple is going on a romantic get-away weekend and the woman asks "red or black" referring to her negligee, can anyone tell me what the heck that has to do with renting a car???!!!!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My most hated tv commercial has to be the one for gocompare.com...that really irritating fat soprano man singing REALLY gets my goat!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason the current crop of Pop-Tart commercials annoy me. Maybe it's the animation.

And the ever loathed "Have a Happy Period".

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with those listed but cant say anything about the education connection and gocompare.com. I will add those stupid Mazda zoom zoom commercials, most of the Honda commercials, Chev car commercials (truck ones are ok), and courtesy of Fox Rochester, "Celino and Barnes, your injury attorneys, call......" and Everest Learning centres (coming from every flippin station east of Winnipeg)

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My most hated commercial of all time occurs every year about this time. The Cristy Lane Christmas Album commercial. "Shake me I ra-a-tle, squeeze me I cry............please take me home and lo-o-ve me........."

Big fat BARF!!!!

Thank God I've not heard it yet this year, but that album must be about 60 years old, and Cristy Lane is a great-grandma. I'm sure of it.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a new one for Reebok Easytone shoes that's suppose to firm the buttocks area, and it features a girl in really skimpy and tight running shorts. The camera keeps panning to her behind

Ah look, you can view it on their website (beware pictures of naked women, another
in my book)

http://www.reebok.com/microsites/easytone_reebok/

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Those Education Connection commercials. Even with them auto tuning her I think the woman sounds terrible. And yes, the commercial is on youtube for those who haven't heard it..
that is the commercial I was going to pick too!!

I always change the channel when it comes on... She sounds like a harpy!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Commercials I hate? Almost all of them. I like the new Meow Mix one and the Temptations ones, but other than that, I find commercials in general incredibly stupid. But maybe I just feel like that because I can't remember any commercials that advertised something I was interested in.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to add that the girl from the progressive car insurance commercials also gates on my nerves....

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny - I realized something about commercials not too long ago . I didn't care what commercial it was - I talked back to them all. I finally realized I hated being treated like a fool and was trying to let them know I resented it. uh duh, like "they" were going to hear me!

Now, I just hit "mute." Wish there was something I could hide the pictures with - especially those "regenerating" products. I don't care how much goo I spread on my face, I will never look like those models.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully I don't see a lot of commercials here in Japan-land. I don't understand quite enough Japanes eto watch J-TV a lot. though all their commericals involve cutsey singing cartoons or stuffed animals and are pretty annoying...

I get one english speaking channel its AFN (military) and all the commericals have been cut out and replaced with public service type announcements. What's very sad are the number of domestic violence prevention, sexual assault/harassement awareness, suicide prevention and tobacco ceasation ads...

On a lighter note, last time I was home in March they were running that annoying talking fish ad for McD's "Give me back my filet of fish... etc...etc..." That's got to be the worst/ most annoying I've heard in some time on American TV.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

that is the commercial I was going to pick too!!

I always change the channel when it comes on... She sounds like a harpy!
A harpy!
I have a piece of hard candy in my mouth and nearly choked on it when I read that.
And you're right, she does. For those that don't know it, watch the commercial about 5 or 6 times in a row. You'll hate it, too.

Lyrajean - I've actually collected a few Japanese commercials, but only the ones with certain hard rock/metal artist in them.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand the current dairy milk commercial. I have to mute it or change the channel every time it comes on. The kids look creepy and the music is really annoying.