The Making of a Seahorse Aquarium Thread

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to take that sebae clown and it's anemone back to the fish store they ended up getting WAY too big for my tank! They started out tiny but grew fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, your tank is beautiful! Is that a bali sea star?
That's a bummer when you have to return something. Does your aquarium store give you a partial refund or store credit when you return something? Ours is good about that. I got back $16 when I returned our $19 tiger cowrie, which was cool.

We added 2 more fish this weekend. We got another scooter blenny (they are so much fun!). This one is black and brown and we named him Benny (Benny the Blenny
).
We also bought a little yellow clown goby. I named him/her Rio (short for amarillo, which is Spanish for yellow). This is what Rio looks like:

He's adorable!
We are looking at adding 2 seahorses the week after next, when we get back from vacation!
I cannot WAIT!

lonewolfblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's a freshwater with 3 sharks, 2 fire eels, 2 dojo loaches, 2 striped loaches, 1 yoyo loach, 5 hengali rasboras, and 4 chinese algae eaters. Overstocked, but getting a 55G soon. This is a 26G.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you've fit a lot into that 26G. Very cool!
I think Dashboard gives it 2 paws way up, too

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, those eels are too neat! Do they have names?
I love your gravel bed!

lonewolfblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About the only bad thing, you only see them at night. They start coming out at around 9pm, and my timer on my aquarium turns my lights off at 9:30pm. 9:00 is the earliest I've seen them out, but usually once the lights go out, they come out. They even feed out of my hands. Fire eels ore pretty tame, and let you toucch them and feed them out of the hand. I can't quite touch them yet, but not much longer should be able to. Once they get used to the owner, they will love you to death.

PS. Fire eels really aren't true eels, but fish. Just for your info.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your tank is so neat! It's amazing the variety you can get with a freshwater tank! Have you ever kept catfish?