The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

My awesome SS was celestialrags!!! She did an awesome job! I am glad she was still able to be my SS and she should be commended for it
Thank you so much!! Much love
I am so glad you were so patiant with me!

I was late getting caprices gift out because we had a fire a few days before thanksgiving (in fact the red cross, which are such awesome people, put us up in a motel for 3 nights, so we didn't really have any place to go when we had to check out thanksgiving day) Due to the fire my gift to caprice ended up getting all dirty from ashes and smelled smokey so I had to replace it. Then we were moving and every thing else got lost, it was a few rough weeks. (I am not trying to make excusses for my self, it was late and I am a naughty SS)
I had posted a couple times that I hadn't mailed it till the 12th, but I was just trying to be sneaky and trick her, I mailed it on the 5th. But the silly mail men took 2 weeks to get it there any way, so I wasn't able to trick her
she still guessed it was me right away

Caprice, I am sorry I wasn't able to get on line the day I got it ready to be sent, and didn't remember your dogs name (which is why is just said dog) after I sent it I told my SO "gee I think you have a dog, I hope so, or you will think I am an idiot, sending a gift for "dog" when you don't even have one." when I did see that you did and his name it was too late to change it, I just wanted to get it mailed

Originally Posted by cheylink

Like Forest Gump says...."S**t happens"
. Some gifts may take a little longer to reach their destination! To be honest (about to sound really corny), my real gift is TCS and the friends I have made over the years here!
I feel the same! I had a PM from a user saying that she thought it was nice that after having the fire and every thing else I was still determined to send my gift, and she hoped that I had good things happen for me and I told her that they already have just having the friends I have from here. Every one here are wonderful, caring (don't forget patiant
) people that I am blessed to know

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Love it!
Those are awesome gifts and worth the wait!

Originally Posted by cheylink

To be honest (about to sound really corny), my real gift is TCS and the friends I have made over the years here!
Aww.. that is so sweet. TCS is a wonderful place.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way the mods can get hold of the two people we know about who have received their gifts but haven't posted? I am quite worried about my recipient, Catnip (Grainne) as she has not posted anywhere and I hope she is all right.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I think there might still be a few, but don't know for sure.
i know i & a couple other 'replacement elves' have sent stuff that hasn't been posted about.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i know i & a couple other 'replacement elves' have sent stuff that hasn't been posted about.
I was acually caprices' ss not a replacment elve. I was just late getting it sent, she and almost every one else knows why by now. But, next year I think I would like to make sure to volunteer to be a replacement elve, you guys are so awesome to make sure that no one got left out and gave gifts to people whos' ss wasn't able to do it (for what ever reason) Your kindness has touched me and I would like to do the same for people next year (how ever the hope is that every one who signed up participates and the eves are not needed, but would like to if that doesn't happen)

I have been a member for about 3 years 1st year I didn't sign up, because I usually never participate in these things, but I did last year. I don't remember any one having to have a replacment elve send gifts, do the replacment elves usually have to send gifts, did they last year? Or is this year just a bad year for every one or some thing?

And...laureen, why do you have a picture of my baby in year siggy?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

And...laureen, why do you have a picture of my baby in year siggy?
cuz Smudgie is my valentine sweedee! ~ Java
sorry - she insisted on replying for herself!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Leslye, you need to stop by Smudge's Colorado Cafe now that you're on a little more!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Leslye, you need to stop by Smudge's Colorado Cafe now that you're on a little more!
I know that, LOL! I was just teasing. I stop by there from time to time when I have seen that you posted. But since Ice is gone, I don't post any more. I thought that it was you here at first all I saw was the siggy, but you have the same. I have acually been thinking about being around a little less, now that my ss has posted she got her gift, I have only been checking in on that, thats why I am in the lounge mostly, I rarely go to the breeders forum and can't bear the fur pics any more, it is too much after having to part with all my cats (except Dora) I have a hard time seeing peoples lovely ragdolls.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I know that, LOL! I was just teasing. I stop by there from time to time when I have seen that you posted. But since Ice is gone, I don't post any more. I thought that it was you here at first all I saw was the siggy, but you have the same. I have acually been thinking about being around a little less, now that my ss has posted she got her gift, I have only been checking in on that, thats why I am in the lounge mostly, I rarely go to the breeders forum and can't bear the fur pics any more, it is too much after having to part with all my cats (except Dora) I have a hard time seeing peoples lovely ragdolls.
Well, I have to say that I definitely know how that feels. After Smudge 1 died I had a hard time being on line at all.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

You mean christmas has to end soon!
Oh phooey!! I guess it does at some point.. But then we can start thinking about next year!
I ought to slap your mouth for saying that!

Okay, I'm dying for Spring right now, and the thought of next Christmas makes me physically ill.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh phooey!! I guess it does at some point.. But then we can start thinking about next year!
We could always start a secret birthday friend club. I do enjoy looking at the presents everyone has received!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've already been buying SS things for this year's Christmas!

I tried to shop from the list I was given by my SS recipient, but the list was very narrow and I was unable to really go by it. So I kind of went off on my own with shopping. For next SS hopefully I'll be able to get more from the list and throw in some extras, which is the idea behind my already starting to shop.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've already been buying SS things for this year's Christmas!
me, too - it's the best time to buy those Christmas stockings filled w/kitty toys - Petsmart has them marked 75% down!