The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties are envious of your kitties. Topaz would glom onto one of those catnip rolls and never let go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great toys Katie! I bet your kitties love them. Now you will have to bribe Amy to find out who your SS is

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

My kitties are envious of your kitties. Topaz would glom onto one of those catnip rolls and never let go.
my boys love those rolls, but I haven't been able to find any for a while.
Nice gifts!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok,.....the number one thing on my agenda for today is to get these piccy's up on TCS before I go nuts! I got my package Tuesday, opened it and took these pictures Wednesday night about 10 pm, didn't get home yesterday until 2ish, then couldn't get photobucket to cooperate....so....without further ado, my wonderful gifts from my Secret Santa......the adorable kittylover4ever (Susie)!

This was a Nine lives Stocking for my kitties......it included some high-bouncing balls, some squishy balls, a catnip bag toy and a toy on a string. (someone has already confiscated the catnip bag...I'm not sure where it went!)

Two Zanies cat toys, a cute mini-cat calender, a candy-cane full of Christmas M&M's (so glad they're plain, I would have had to shared peanut ones with my hub, lol!) a tin of Royal Dansk chocolate filled luxury wafers (have enjoyed part of those as my lazy day in breakfast this morning!) and a ceramic cat treat jar that you can only see the top of 'cuz I propped the calender up on it......I've got to find out where Susie got it, would love to buy one for a friend or two, lol!

The Nine lives stocking still in the stocking, two cute Christmas ornaments, one kitty that I'm not sure if is supposed to be a kitty toy or a knick knack, but I'm going to keep it as a knick knack 'cuz its sooo cute! And an adorable cat statue with a Christmas hat and scarf on, probably I'll keep it out all year like I do most of my cat Christmas stuff, lol!

Ok...I admit it, I hate to wear houseshoes......but this pair is so darned cute that I may just have to wear them year round! I don't know if you can read the writing in the pic, but one says "Jingle" and the other one says "Bells".......and get this, those jingle bells on top? They drive my cats up the wall when I wear them through the house, lol!!
payback time for playing with their jingle thingys at night!

Oh, and the box that you see in all the pics? My package came in a box, with this one in it, the gifts in it...and I love the box as much as the gifts ! I'm thinking next Christmas when I decorate, it will be filled with either pretty ornaments and ribbon, or sparkley pine cones or something just so I have a reason to display it!

Thanks again Susie, I love it!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful gifts! Looks like your kitties will have lots to keep them entertained. You're as bad as a cat - loving the box it came in as much as the pressies!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Katie, some spoiled kitties you have there.

KittenKrazy - thanks for battling the Photobucket monster. Great gifts.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Where is the "my lips are sealed" smilie?
well, i didn't find one of those... but i did find these that are kinda in that vein...

plus this great one for the season
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]
& this cute kitty! [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

How did you guess it was me?

Your MOST welcome!
Originally Posted by gemlady

What? No gnomes or nuts? Are you really sure it was from Susie?

Lol! Like I told Karen .......this is the only person on site who's address I know....so kind of gave her away, lol!

And these houseshoes are the greatest thing since sliced bread......I walk through the house.......all the kits are following me,
but when I turn around and head back, they're all running from me like crazy
, is hilarious!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great gifts! Love the slippers
That's the first thing I do when I get home is take my shoes and socks off and put my slippers on

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by wildfire203

Well...since I'm all against the abuse of chocolate and other goodies I opened it up. The blanket is insanely soft I'm going to curl up in it tonight to sleep, while wearing my new socks. The Lush is great one of them (dreamtime bathmelt) I love and used my last one a couple of days ago the other is new to me and I can't wait to try it. And the cats are going nuts over the EEEKS toys....of course I think the are always nuts.
Thank you SS ( I think I know who you are)
Those are great gifts.
I love the throw!

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I didn't sign up for the Secret Santa, but someone from Olathe Ks, sent my kitties some goodies, some fun catnip toys, which Simba and Shane are having a blast with right now, and Feline Greenies greenies, that they really love. My Fur Babies are vey happy this morning. So, whoever you are, we thank you very much.

I don't know how you got my address, but it was really sweet of you, and it was fun watching my kitties getting so much pleasure out of your gifts.
That was really sweet.

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

The kitties and I were spoiled this year by our SS!!

Thank you AlleyGirl! (Paula)

The crocheted cat toy is a huge hit
Excellent haul!
I see Sydney supervising from afar.
Great job on the baby blankie, Paula.

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

In it I got a donation to the Butterfly Pavilion with a card that says:
"Kellye XXXXXX,

A donation has been made to the Butterfly Pavilion in memory of Emma Agnew, by Jana XXXXXX.

"The fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect climate changes..." Paul Erlich.

Emma's life was too short, but through you, her spirit will be felt in the far corners of the world!

With sympathy,

Butterfly Pavilion Staff

I cried when I read that - it means so much to me.

I also got:

A crocheted pig - its SO cute! I love it!!!!!

A photo frame with Carly, Much and Lucy, complete with cat hair on the back

Butterfly playing cards

Ranch dip! Yum!

Lots of cat toys - the kits have been busy LOL.

A beautiful butterfly that I can put anywhere - I have to think where I am going to put it that I can see it all the time

Thank you so much Jana - this package means so much to me.

Oh yeah, I am definitely on the Darkside - hubby even encouraged me to open it.
Oh that made me cry too!
What sweet and thoughtful gifts.

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I still can't get over how cute the pig is! It needs a name!
He's super cute!

Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Well, I couldn't resist, I opened my box from my SECRET SANTA. I got two pretty teacup and saucers, some soap, and candles, a notebook with cats on the covers, and the cats got some toy mice and some treats, which they love. I love my gifts. I know who my SS is, but I don't know if I'm supposed to say here? But Thank you, Thank You, Thank you, I loved it all.
Those sound like great gifts.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I received a package!! a few days ago but things have been busy busy busy around here. My SS was one of the sneaky ones that had Amy send them from her place and didn't include any hints!! There was some great toys for the kitties, a couple wand toys

some catnip rolls

even a couple toys for my pup!

and some of very favorite candy in the whole world!!

amazingly enough I have not eaten them yet Thank you SS! I have absolutely no clue who you are!
Very nice!

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Great toys Katie! I bet your kitties love them. Now you will have to bribe Amy to find out who your SS is
She keeps trying to bribe me, but it isn't working.

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Ok,.....the number one thing on my agenda for today is to get these piccy's up on TCS before I go nuts! I got my package Tuesday, opened it and took these pictures Wednesday night about 10 pm, didn't get home yesterday until 2ish, then couldn't get photobucket to cooperate....so....without further ado, my wonderful gifts from my Secret Santa......the adorable kittylover4ever (Susie)!

This was a Nine lives Stocking for my kitties......it included some high-bouncing balls, some squishy balls, a catnip bag toy and a toy on a string. (someone has already confiscated the catnip bag...I'm not sure where it went!)

Two Zanies cat toys, a cute mini-cat calender, a candy-cane full of Christmas M&M's (so glad they're plain, I would have had to shared peanut ones with my hub, lol!) a tin of Royal Dansk chocolate filled luxury wafers (have enjoyed part of those as my lazy day in breakfast this morning!) and a ceramic cat treat jar that you can only see the top of 'cuz I propped the calender up on it......I've got to find out where Susie got it, would love to buy one for a friend or two, lol!

The Nine lives stocking still in the stocking, two cute Christmas ornaments, one kitty that I'm not sure if is supposed to be a kitty toy or a knick knack, but I'm going to keep it as a knick knack 'cuz its sooo cute! And an adorable cat statue with a Christmas hat and scarf on, probably I'll keep it out all year like I do most of my cat Christmas stuff, lol!

Ok...I admit it, I hate to wear houseshoes......but this pair is so darned cute that I may just have to wear them year round! I don't know if you can read the writing in the pic, but one says "Jingle" and the other one says "Bells".......and get this, those jingle bells on top? They drive my cats up the wall when I wear them through the house, lol!! payback time for playing with their jingle thingys at night!

Oh, and the box that you see in all the pics? My package came in a box, with this one in it, the gifts in it...and I love the box as much as the gifts ! I'm thinking next Christmas when I decorate, it will be filled with either pretty ornaments and ribbon, or sparkley pine cones or something just so I have a reason to display it!

Thanks again Susie, I love it!!!
Very nice!
The slippers are really cute, but Abby would be scared of them.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I was out of town, I don't know if it came today or yesterday. But it was hidden on the porch when I got home. I know it wasn't there yesterday at 4 a.m., because I looked at that very spot when Sterling escaped out the door while I was checking the weather, and I grabbed him right there.

I have to get my bid ready for next week, then I'll open it and take photos.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Since I was out of town, I don't know if it came today or yesterday. But it was hidden on the porch when I got home. I know it wasn't there yesterday at 4 a.m., because I looked at that very spot when Sterling escaped out the door while I was checking the weather, and I grabbed him right there.

I have to get my bid ready for next week, then I'll open it and take photos.
How can you do work when you have a parcel waiting to be opened?!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

How can you do work when you have a parcel waiting to be opened?!
Believe me, it's not easy! But it's really important that I know what each bid is made up of. I have managed to find some gems in the horse hockey, so to speak, and other drivers have asked me how I manage it.

Here's what I found when I got home this afternoon.

Cleverly hidden from view! I brought it inside.

Notice anything odd? No return address, no postage, nothing. Now, is it possible to have packages delivered like that? Or did my Secret Santa have someone local deliver it to me?

I opened it up (I have always dwelt on the dark side). This is what I found.

This is what I found inside, all nicely wrapped.

The book is a hand-made remembrance of a visit to Santa Rosa, CA. Why is that important? Because my Secret Santa took seriously my interest in the cartoon strip, Peanuts, and Santa Rosa holds regular celebrations of the work of Charles Shulz. There are two books about the Snoopy and Woodstock statue decorating contests, a Charlie Brown snow globe, a ceramic Peanuts strip, a Christmas stocking, and a toy for the cats. I think they prefer the packing peanuts, as usual!

No hints as to my Secret Santa, although I think they may live in Walnut Creek, CA. The question on the card is cryptic, n'est-ce pas?

You can see all the items, wrapping, etc., here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1780154...7610401707117/

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I can't wait for mine to arrive!!!!

I just finished wrapping my gifts. DH said I was spoiling my recipient.. LOL I should have it in the mail by Dec 6th.