The Kitty in the Tree

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Soka

Of course, lots of pictures.
Well I leave within the hour. My dorm room is almost completely empty. Just my lizards, and this laptop. My car is stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. Its a six hour drive
, but hopefully the sun keeps shinning. Its been rainy all morning, but the sun is out now. *crosses fingers* Don't know when I'll be back on. Talk to you all, when I get home.
Have a safe trip and stay in touch...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I'm in Richmond, and the drive home was interesting. For the last 60 miles my car began to act funny and I've driven it twice since I've been home. Each time it was only for short distances because the car is quickly getting worse. We are taking it into the shop today. (hopefully) Well Miki is (at the moment) in PetsMart getting a bath and getting her nails clipped. I've gotten her used to being brushed. She'll just flop down in your lap and watch t.v while you brush her. She's as cuddly as always, and gets along great with the other animals....well all except Nala, the new puppy. Nala is a bit to hyper for Miki. Lacey and Miki play and its so cute to watch. Miki doesn't use her claws or scratch while playing with Lacey, but we got SoftClaws anyway. We'll be putting them on her hopefully tonight. We notice at night, she gets really hyper and wants to play. She'll resort to using your fingers and hand as a toy, but if you say "Ow!" she'll stop, look up at you, and lick where she just bit.

I have limited internet access for the next week or two.
I have to use the library. I've noticed something else about Miki. She doesn't scratch on furniture all that much. I've only once since Thursday, heard her scratch the furniture and she stopped when you tap her paws. Oh and another thing. The vet I was boarding her with obviously didn't know much about cats because he had said Miki was nine months. I knew this couldn't be right because of her size. So I asked the vet here in Richmond, and she said Miki looked to be about 5 months, 6 at the most.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, figuring that she's only about 5 months old, I highly doubt she is pregnant. She has started hanging around the back door a lot more lately, but she isn't meowing to be let out. She's still highly affectionate but doesn't eat as much as she used to. Right now she's sitting on the windowsill, wanting me to play with her.

She goes in tomorrow to be spayed. We are having her stay overnight on Wednesday, since the dogs would probably get in her face and try and play if we brought her home. Ah! She's chewing on my camera. lol.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is. She is going nuts over the feather wand I got her. Miki constantly wants to play with it. She goes in tomorrow at 7:30am for her spay. Its going to be weird not having her with me for a night.
Ah well. She needs it done.

Also some news. I might try going to a community college next semester and moving back home. I can be with Miki all the time then, and perhaps even get the alter Mau for showing.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, poor dear, she's going to be sore for a few days... Get well soon Miki!

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well Miki was spayed and Microchipped yesterday. When I picked her up around 5ish, the vet said she might be a bit groggy, but when he brought her out, she was walking around in her carrier, wide-eyed and alert. She slept for a few minutes when I got her home, but other than a normal amount of sleeping, she's been up and about and wanting attention. She wants to play so badly, but I won't put her through any activity like playing for a while. I'm also keeping her isolated in the front bedroom, away from commotion and the dogs, since we have four of them running around.

Oh and a there is a blue/grey cat next door (the guy owns the cat, but I don't think he does more than just feed him and let him in at night.) thats been there ever since I was little. He's probably about 15-18 years old. He was the neighborhood bully and still has scars from his old fights. When I was little, he hated everyone and would hiss and run away. Today, I got down low and started calling to him. He meowed at me but crept closer. I went inside and got some kitten food that Miki refuses to eat and gave it to him. He ate it up really fast, and then began to rub against me, wanting attention. Its amazing how he has changed from that spitting bully to an affectionate old man.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea, I guess thats true. I just remember how he used to be. If you took a step near him he'd growl and spit. Now he meows and comes over for lovin's.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
glad to hear Miki came through her surgery okay

awwww sounds like your neighbours cat is a gentle old man now and it also seems that your neighbour is doing something right considering he is living to a nice old age

animaluvr35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok I saw on here that you named her miki,cute name. I hope she is ok. glad you took her in,your sweet for doing that. there should be more sweet people like you,and I mean this my dear. keep doing what your doing. maybe one day,you can rescue other animals. and have a place to keep them in. god will bless you with the funds. anyway it is just a suggestion,that I think you would be good at. I am not sure what your desire is in life. and what your goal of a job is. but I wanted to say I am proud of you.