The Kitty in the Tree

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think Miki would of gone in heat at the least last week...Maybe she isnt mature yet. It is possable she is and well pregnant....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wait...are you saying she isn't mature AND pregnant? or either not mature OR pregnant.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok, well lets hope its the first one.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Miki eating whenever you put food down--Maybe she's used to going hungry, and has taken to eating "whenever she can" whether hungry or not, and just doesn't know she now has a steady source of food? I know that happens in humans who can't get enough to eat for a while... but I'm not sure about cats.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I just talked to my grandmother and she says that Miki has shown no signs of going into heat. I told her the things to look for and she said she would keep an eye out over the next two weeks. She says Miki is eating less, so thats good. She's shedding really bad so I'll be getting her a brush as soon as I can.

Also does anyone know how much a cat tree/ kitty condo costs? It doesn't have to reach to the cieling.

lizk729

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my cat condo on EBAY!!!
There is a few great sellers there.
I only spent $23 on mine and the cats love it.

These are pictures from about 6 months ago but you can see the condo in them. Id have to dig around for a recent one..........its not huge but they like it well enough. Its by the maker Armarkat.
It has three levels......the bottom then the box house and then up top just a flat level, but thats where Stormy sits the most now.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love yours. I moved and can not get mine put back together. Hubby did it the first time. It goes all the way to the ceiling 4 or 5 levels.

lizk729

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Id LOVE to get one like that. My cats are forever playing on this one and the higher the better. But they are still $$$ so we shall wait.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to get one at Walmart or something. I hate buying things off the internet. I don't trust people enough. Rarely do I buy something online.

Well here's something funny. While we've been talking about Miki going into heat, my fiance's cat just went into heat for the first time. She is around 7-8 months old, while Miki is around 9 months.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet, if you were a handy sort, you could do it youself.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Make my own? Well my mom had some left over wood and I asked if I could use it to make Miki something and she said "No, we'll just go buy her something nice." So, I guess my mom is intent on spoiling this kitty.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update: Well, I talked to my grandmother. She says Miki has really grown since she's been home. Miki is still the most affectionate little cat and I think my grandmother is trying hard to deny it, but I think she really likes Miki. My cousin is going to try and get me a cat tree cheap since he knows someone who works at a Petsmart. Only a week to go and I'm back home with my little baby. I miss her so much. Oh and she has crate-trained herself, according to my grandmother. She loves to sleep in a dog crate we gave her. I'm going to spoil this little kitty rotten.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe
Don't forget to set boundaries, now... a kitty with behavior problems makes no one happy, including the kitty!

You will have to post more pics of Miki, of course

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once I get home, there will be plenty of Miki pictures. I will set boundaries, especially if she is going to keep waking me up at night wanting attention and play. She literally laid down on my face when I didn't pay attention to her at night. And according to my mom and grandmother Miki gets along GREAT with Haley, Keltie, and Lacey. But she doesn't like my cousin's dog very much.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Only three days till I'm home. Thursday, I leave after my last exam at 11am, so I'll be leaving by 12:30.
I get to leave on my birthday! My birthday is Thursday so its like a birthday gift to myself to leave on my birthday.
I'll be back around 7 or 8, but I'm not sure about the internet at home. I don't know if my mom has her internet hooked up yet.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Of course, lots of pictures.
Well I leave within the hour. My dorm room is almost completely empty. Just my lizards, and this laptop. My car is stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. Its a six hour drive
, but hopefully the sun keeps shinning. Its been rainy all morning, but the sun is out now. *crosses fingers* Don't know when I'll be back on. Talk to you all, when I get home.