The June Posting Bonanza Contest!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Anne,

Maybe you should post this contest info in the individual forums involved in the contest. I realize that some people only frequent those forums and they are the people that have so much helpful advice that they probably deserve a chance to win these prizes (lessening my chances of course, but fair is fair).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes, good idea. I will set up an announcement through out the board for a few days.

You can definitely nominate someone else - but you'll have to dig in and find six posts to nominate them with

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I *think* you just write up 6 posts that are at least 150 words (and in the write forums). Then on June 15th everyone interested in being in the contest will place their links to all their posts and from there Anne will take over I think
Good Luck!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, 150 words isn't as hard or long as I first thought. I just replied to someone w/ a pee problem (something I've delt with for years!) and for giggles I counted the words in my post and heck, if I can find 5 more I might enter.

Oh, and to keep track of them I'm opening my posts (like Ann said as just my post) then bookmarking it in my browser so I don't have to keep a list.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good idea, I never thought about bookmarking them. So far, I've been writing them down on a piece of paper. My boss's think I'm CrAzY!

Ok, so who else is going to enter the contest? 6 posts isn't really all that hard! Neither is 150 words!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ehh... If I manage to write 6 worthy posts before the 15th then I will but I'm not trying really. Too much else on my plate right now.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why they would be. I just want to know how many people I'm up against. I'm still entering the contest whether there are 2 people entering or if there's 100. Either way I'm still entering

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I don't know why they would be. I just want to know how many people I'm up against. I'm still entering the contest whether there are 2 people entering or if there's 100. Either way I'm still entering
you go for it gal
I do have some to put forward so at least theres two of us

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's precisely why I haven't entered, lol. Some of my posts might qualify, but not many..

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An easy way to find your posts is to click on your name within a thread and view all posts by yourself. Of course if you are overly chatty, there might be a lot to weed thru. Just ignore the ones that are not in the contest threads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hey, still a whole week to go! If you have a couple of posts that qualify, I'd say go for it and aim for posting a few more over the week. You have nothing to lose by entering - as long as you have six qualifying posts you win something!

Also, remember we want to promote things like community spirit, kindness and support - as well as knowledge about cats. In the knowledge field, digging up the right article from TCS (or a few posts), adding a few lines of summation and offering some support - can make a GREAT post IMO.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

That's a good idea, I never thought about bookmarking them. So far, I've been writing them down on a piece of paper. My boss's think I'm CrAzY!

Ok, so who else is going to enter the contest? 6 posts isn't really all that hard! Neither is 150 words!
I've been cutting and pasting them in a draft e-mail.

Right now I think I have 4 or 5.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I think I'm going to win but will the prize be shipped to Canada if a Canadian wins? That isn't overseas.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have 2 right now... but what if one's only 149 words? I wasn't even thinking about the contest when I posted it but I though it might work except it's only 149 words.