The Infamous Arctic Cold Already

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw that picture of the doors broken in by the snow this morning.  That's just insane.  I saw another where emergency workers were carrying someone to the hospital on foot; the plows can't get through!

I don't think I have any family west of Rochester; I think they all escaped the worst of this one! 

Meanwhile in Florida; a friend of mine is complaining about 39* temps.  Everyone is like; poor baby. 

I don't blame her really; but I'm looking at those snow pictures and thankful for our 32 and sunny! 

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We received 23 cm (9") yesterday, and it's snowing at the moment. We are just far enough from the Great Lakes that we don't get as much snow as Buffalo. Buffalo always gets hammered. There is ice under the snow on the roads. Very slippery. Sidewalks have yet to be plowed. Fortunately, kid came over this morning and shovelled me out. Not that I'm going anywhere.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had no snow a few days ago and have been getting a lot now. I hope it stops really soon because we have to take Aimee to an appointment at the hospital tomorrow where she was born and it's about a 90 minute drive. Aimee has been asking to go outside and make a snowman, but it's just too cold and windy. She even put her snow pants on this afternoon but I'm not taking a baby out in this.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks about the same here. Fortunately the wind has died down. I just got home from work where customers and other staff were telling me "oh, it's bad out there" and offering sympathy because I walk home. It's honestly not bad - it's snowing and it's slightly below freezing, but dressed warmly and with the minimal wind right now, the only concern is how slippery some areas are with the melting snow and slush. I would even go as far as to call it pleasant how it is right now with a light snowfall and all the fallen snow sparkling!

It's supposed to warm up again this weekend so here's hoping the snow melts away and doesn't make a return for a few more weeks.

molly grue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live right by the Buffalo- Niagara airport;just a mile or so north of the front line. Our area got our second pass just a couple hours ago. It's bizarre that just a couple miles from me people are buried under feet of snow. Thursday (today) is my third day home; my migraines are grateful, but my bank account is crying. lollol