The Holidays are just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Count me in too!
I would prefer the card idea with a little something that can be mailed with the card. That way we don't have to spend alot on shipping.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Count me in! PM sent! I like the idea of a small gift or a memento either in a small package or in the card!

7cozycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i almost missed this! i was not here last christmas. i would love to participate!! i would like the option to choose to send a gift or card. we could prehaps do a $5 limit. it is so much fun to recieve a package in the mail! i buy alot off ebay! and as a part time seller ,shipping is not expensive as long as the item is not heavy.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm getting a lot of PM's! But we have a problem, please send your address with your PM so I can start compiling the list. If you don't send your address, I won't officially add you to the list. When I PM everyone with who they have I'd like to be able to do it just once with the address included.

Thanks guys!!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll leave the sign up open until October 1st to let everyone have a chance. I know we have some members that don't visit daily, but who may well want to participate.

Then on Oct 1st I'll put the list together and pair off people. Hopefully by Oct 7th I'll be able to notify everyone on who they got and send you their addresses.

So, you all have until October 1st to PM me and sign up!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hate to throw a curve ball at this seemingly late date, but what about everyone who participates making a donation to a local animal rescue service ($5 or $10 max or even just unspecified amount and not allowed to tell) and include in the Holiday card (not all of us are Christians) the name of the service to which the money was donated? Bookmarks or or small card-enclosure sized gifts optional?

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LDG, I read your idea about the donation. I think its a good idea, but some of our members may feel more financially comfortable if they aren't obligated to make a donation. So lets go ahead and make that optional for those who participate. I think a donation is a great thought though, and I for one will do it. Anyone else have any thoughts on this ??

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think a donation to the local animal shelter would be great!!!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As of 9/15/02 this is who I have signed up:

dtolle
Adymarie
Debby
Jin & Spawn
Sfell
Spooky
Whiskers' Mom
Katl8E
Valanhb
7cozycats
Lhezza
Jeff24girl
Whisky's Dad
LDG
Okeefecl

2 weeks left to sign up guys and gals!!!!!! Keep the PM's coming.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So would the rules of the "game" then be that if a donation is made on behalf of our secret-Santa-receiver, a note or something in the card says to what organization, but we're not allowed to say how much was donated? That might be the best idea.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I think what LDG had in mind ( correct me if I am wrong LDG ) was that you make a donation, and in your card put the name of what you donated to, but not necessarily the amount.

Of course, you can just put the momento in if you can't afford a donation. Or at the least, just send a card along. No pressure here from anyone, its the thought that counts.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Exactly! As I understand what all the suggestions glom into, it would work like this????

The Secret Holiday Exchange is a card, from anonymous (?), store bought or homemade, sent to the person who gets assigned to us by Daniela.

Optional Are:

A memento-type present, like a bookmark or other small envelope-sized inexpensive item included in card;

AND/OR, also optional, a donation made to giver's local shelter in the name of the card recipient, no amount indicated in "gift-card", but the name of Shelter/Rescue Org or whatever, or its business card, would be included in the Holiday card.

Sound about right?

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds perfect! Everyone else understand and are in agreement??

Also, other than the initial rush to sign up, I only have about 13 people so far signed up. C'mon guys and gals, this is an inexpensive and fun way to have a "hands on" exchange. Sign on up!!!!!!!!!!!! We only have a couple of weeks till I have to close it and start assigning people!!

Let the PM's come!!!!!!!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To sign up, just PM Dtolle with your address in the PM and let her know you want to participate. At the bottom of any of her posts is a little button, "pm", next to "profile" (second from the left). Just click the button and write your message like any other post.

I think this is a great idea for a Christmas Exchange, especially for those of us who are financially challeged right now. I already have an idea in mind for something to include, just have to get the stuff to make it.

Daniela, I know in the past Anne has been included for everyone to show their appreciation for starting this wonderful site. Is this the plan for this exchange as well? (I need to know how many gifts to make.)

Status
Not open for further replies.