The hardest thing I've ever had to do: The 'D' word

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HannahJ

You've gotten awesome advice from everyone, but I wanted to pipe up with the obvious: be more like your cats!
When they get afraid, they run to a safe place
when they want some love, they get it (from Meowmys and Paws)
They do whatever they feel like to make themselves happy at any given time:
stretch in the best sunny spots, sleep all day, eat until they are full, play until they are tired.
And they never ever apologize for being themselves or demanding happiness!

So when you feel at a loss, take courage and let your cats be your guide, and dont be afraid to start down the path to your OWN happiness!
good point! thanks!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meagan, I'm just catching up with this thread and we had no idea you were going through such hell. It made me sick to my stomach to hear what happened to you and the mental abuse you mention is just as bad.
I hope you're able to get through this with as little further suffering as possible!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks ryan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just an update, everyone who needs to be involved has been briefed on what is going on. I am no longer upset about anything, I have actually moved into the 'pissed off' stage, which I have his first sergeant(a$$hole), who called me last night and was talking to me like I am stupid, to thank. My father contacted the commander and is is taking care of him, and everything else. The commanders response to all of this decided whether or not I stay here till the end of July or if my dad comes and gets me now.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for their support, I think about what everyone has said to me all the time and it helps! Amy, thanks for all the great info you sent me!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

I am no longer upset about anything, I have actually moved into the 'pissed off' stage
THAT'S my girl!!!!
You may find this stage incredibly liberating and energizing. Just remember to take care of yourself (thank you HannahJ for that PERFECT illustration!) and remember you're among friends here.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are young (and childless, I presume???) In a couple of years you will meet another man again and all of this would be the past.

Good luck!!!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

I had to ask permission in order to go use the bathroom! I had nothing. I left with nothing, too (except 2 of my 4 cats).
I am so, so sorry!!! What happened to the other two cats???