The Great Vacation Thread of 2010 - SIGNUPs

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time, before the horrible crash of 2004, TCS had a great thread called the Great Vacation Thread, which lasted for months but is sadly still stuck somewhere out in cyberland.

The thread was revived after the crash but has been on a long hiatus and I think we can all agree that we need a vacation - the first one lasted over three months and left people laughing at every post.

To give you an idea of the type of posts, there is links here to each leg of the second thread, you would be responsible for (only virtually of course, unless you feel like letting everyone crash your town/city at once) hosting the members of TCS for two days of fun (and often alcohol filled) vacation time, kitties will be travelling if they want (we have chartered our own plane and buses)

If you would like to participate by being a tour guide, sign up by replying here with the following info
The destination should be somewhere within 2 hours or so from where you live, people who live close to each other may double up or choose another local destination

Where will we be travelling?
please include: Town/City, Province/State, Country
Any dates that are bad for you, considering the last thread was pretty long

Please check the copyright on any photos you want to post, if they belong to another website and are not ok for sharing, you may link to the website for people to see.

Random photoshopped pics of people doing silly things will occur in this thread and be shared for all to see

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm game.

I think I will stay general now and go with Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, USA. I can get more specific later if I have to.

Not sure about bad dates. When are you thinking of starting?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

So is this real? Or virtual? Heidi, what did you do last time?
It's virtual, Kim, or else we would not have been to a clothing optional beach and seen Susan (Rosiemac's) knickers falling off. But it also meant we couldn't see Rigel blush or my Jasper T. Wildcat in a thong.

I'm in for the southwest corner of Indiana including the Evansville area. Only date bad for me would be April 21st. Have an appt. then.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

It's virtual, Kim, or else we would not have been to a clothing optional beach and seen Susan (Rosiemac's) knickers falling off. But it also meant we couldn't see Rigel blush or my Jasper T. Wildcat in a thong.

I'm in for the southwest corner of Indiana including the Evansville area. Only date bad for me would be April 21st. Have an appt. then.
Bahahahaha!!! Don't think I ever saw the thread!!! Count me in!!! Extremely busy through March 27th (the musical is this week, woo hoo), but ok after that!

I'm also in the Denver area, but could also do Keystone, Colorado, I have a condo there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and I will do either Niagara Falls or Toronto depending on what the other Canucks are doing, I think there are more Toronto way than Niagara way

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I'm a bit confused about how it all works, but I guess I'll figure it out along the way.

I'm in, and I'll pick Napa Valley, CA (wine country!).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in. I have fond memories.
I'll be glad to do the Vancouver area, possibly up the coast to Whistler on one of the days, and if we have someone ready to receive on the Island, we could finish the Lower Mainland with a ferry ride to meet them (Mother Nature will provide a glorious day, even if she doesn't IRL
).

I'd prefer a weekend, since my time is limited on weekdays -- unless we're still travelling come July, in which case, I'll be on vacation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ok, I'm a bit confused about how it all works, but I guess I'll figure it out along the way.

I'm in, and I'll pick Napa Valley, CA (wine country!).
Basically, you plan a day out as if you were taking tourists around who are visiting you, but post it in pictures and laugh at how off track we get and all the silly things that happen

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Basically, you plan a day out as if you were taking tourists around who are visiting you, but post it in pictures and laugh at how off track we get and all the silly things that happen
Ok, Napa should be fun for that

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in! I am in the fortunate position of having moved countries since the last vacation, so I have lots of new places and activities to share. So I invite all of TCS to Normandy, in France. I would like to avoid the last half of May, otherwise any time is fine, though it is nicer here in late spring or summer, when I can take some new photos.

I look forward to the Napa Valley - one of my favourite places!