The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been avoiding this thread because I was sooooo depressed about actually going through with the wedding thing when all we really wanted to do was get married. We are in the middle of putting our apartment back together NOW after just fininshing a lot of repairs (drywall, paint, new carpet). Anyway, the stress of everything at the same time was getting to me.

I'm better now. At least I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm even thinking that its my DF and not a train.

April 22 is the big day! If y'all feel a lot of turbulence, don't worry. Its just both of my parents being in the same place at the same time.

It will be very informal, except I'll be in a wedding dress.
We're getting married under the oak tree in the backyard. Its a beautiful place. Family and very close friends are invited to the ceremony and then the reception is pretty much open.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

April 22 is the big day! If y'all feel a lot of turbulence, don't worry. Its just both of my parents being in the same place at the same time.
Just remember, we will all be with you in spirit sending good vibes to calm the turbulence.

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Tara, do you already have a dress? If not, have you looked at the maternity wedding dresses (yup, they do exist!)?
Yes I do already have my dress. They just need to order it bigger now.
haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Renee, I know that had to be a difficult decision for you, having a wedding rather than eloping
. At least it will be intimate and hopefully your parents will play nice if just for one day!

Tara, that stinks about having to order a different size, but at least you'll still be able to wear the dress that you want to wear!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Just remember, we will all be with you in spirit sending good vibes to calm the turbulence.
Karen, you've been with me all along on this. You seem to find every thread where I mention it and even PM me to calm me down. Thank you!
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Wow Renee, I know that had to be a difficult decision for you, having a wedding rather than eloping
. At least it will be intimate and hopefully your parents will play nice if just for one day!

It was a hard decision, but, when your Mom cries... I am glad that she's getting to meet the DF though. Thanks for caring.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, how about a "Finally got the damn simple divorce after 2 years" thread!! I'm not bitter, by the way.

Really, congratulations to all the future brides (and grooms)
!!!!!!!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone...

It's been a while since I've even really posted on the boards at all but now I get to join in the fun!

My guy and I finally set the date... June 23 2007, so I'm starting to try and put stuff together. *makes face* They need to make an award for brides!

It's so cool to read about everyone else's plans... all gorgeous dresses by the way!

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So we have Pre-Cana tonight and tomorrow. Not looking forward to it but at least we are getting it DONE!

Amy - assigned seating - as much as I am not looking to making up the seating chart, I think it's a must for a formal larger wedding. We went to a big wedding last year where there were buffets and no assigned seating so when we went to get our food, everyone started scrambling for seats and a co-worker and her husband were stuck with no chairs, no table, eating their dinners on their laps in the corner. I don't know how many others that happened to but I do not want that to happen. But for a smaller wedding, I think it would definitely work.

So, we still haven't picked a honeymoon spot yet...I'm SOOOOO tired of researching all-inclusive resorts - UGH! Looks like it's probably going to be Jamaica mon!

Anybody been there?
Look forward to hearing how everyone elses plans are coming!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering how everyone's plans are coming along. I'm sure you will look beautiful in your wedding dress Tara

Here's the update on our wedding

Jeff and his groomsmen went for tux fittings a few weeks ago, I got to see pictures (they are going to look great!!)

My bridesmaids have ordered their dresses (except for one..she will need hers made, she'll be 8 months pregnant) but the dresses are beautiful...midnight blue.

My dress is going to arrive for my first fitting at the beginning of June, I'm so happy!!

My mom also found her mother of the bride dress

Jeff's best man is getting married in December in Punta Cana, and Jeff will be his best man...so we are going to count that trip as our honeymoon.

I also got my flowers all picked out too!!
I'm going to carry a small bouquet of ivory and very pale pink roses with wax flowers, and my bridesmaids are going to have pale pink and medium pink roses.

We also have our Stag & Doe arranged too!!, it's going to be in June and Jeff and I have decided that we are going to have a DJ so the ladies can get out on the dance floor and have fun and poker tables set up for the guys!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Tracy, you're way ahead of the game! Congrats on getting most of your bridal party fitted for dresses- that can be such a feat getting that coordinated!

The Stag and Doe party sounds like it'll be a blast!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found my dress about a month ago and its due to arrive from NY in the end July.
Here are some pics of my dress:

BTW the dress is a sample at the store that has become quite ragged from being tried on by so many people, it just an idea of what the dress will look like.

The bridesmaids have all ordered their dresses:

Thats pretty much it for now.

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that dress is beautiful!!!

The place where I got my wedding dress from called. She said that my dress should fit because the girls heard us joking around saying I'll be pregnant by the time the wedding comes so they went up a couple sizes
She thought we were trying. But she said if that still doesn't fit they can just put a lace back in it. So all in all it still works yay!!! Hope everyones wedding plans are still coming along good !

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TaraJason

Oh that dress is beautiful!!!

The place where I got my wedding dress from called. She said that my dress should fit because the girls heard us joking around saying I'll be pregnant by the time the wedding comes so they went up a couple sizes
She thought we were trying. But she said if that still doesn't fit they can just put a lace back in it. So all in all it still works yay!!! Hope everyones wedding plans are still coming along good !
Thank you Tara I really am in love with it

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Miss Mew I really am. This is the dress of my dreams and I'm so glad my parents bought it for me, because I would have never been able to afford it!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I get to join in now since I got engaged about two hours ago!!

I don't even have a ring yet, but we'll go looking soon!!

YAY everyone! Let's get married!!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Well, I get to join in now since I got engaged about two hours ago!!

I don't even have a ring yet, but we'll go looking soon!!

YAY everyone! Let's get married!!
Congrats! You must be so happy!