The Fall Decorating Thread!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our 300# was lifted into the truck by 3 guys but if I ever got lucky with a bigger one in Mid August it gets moved onto a pallet angled for a forkliftor at least a front end loader. But I'll wait until that every happens!! In one of my giant pumpkin books someones back yard was to small and they hired a crane to lift it out of the back yr. There is a national contest that 1st grower to reach 1500# earns $50,000.00!!

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WeLoveEllie

Cagnes,

Your cats are beautiful. I love the pictures!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rockcat

Those are beautiful kitty pictures! Have you entered them in any contests?
Thanks! No, I haven't... I did use some of those pics in a calendar & it came out pretty good.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I spent a total of 3 hours today cutting down all my cornstalks and the broom corn.
With the wind we had lst week I would say half was unusable.
I divided into six piles and placed around the house!! I only have 4 pumkins so far but dad grew some and will bring me about 20 or so next saturday so I won't have to buy to many more.
One of the types of corn I grow has burgundy corn cobs witch I have to peel back. This corn is not for eating it is ornamental.
Have to bring the other fall containers from the basement and continue to decorate the outside and the inside. Then I snap some picks and post!!

How is everyone else doing so far????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gail I bet those burgundy corn stalks are lovely!! Did you make it to Octoberfest today?

I haven't really put up much in the way of decorations yet...I have a small fall-colored wreath and a copper-looking pumpkin that I put on my coffee table....not sure what else to get. I'd really like to find a pretty fall-colored swag to go over the fireplace.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Gail, I would love to see pics!

I have my mums in pots outside, my hay bale is out, but I need to get cornstalks. The rain was so heavy last night, I think I will wait a few days!

I was going through pictures from last year and I found this gem -

Doesn't he look like he is saying "Who, me? I didn't do it! "

Our house was up for sale at the time and I cleaned the house and left because the realtor was coming to show it. I came back and there was pumpkin carnage everywhere. According to the realtor, the city dwellers were horrified by what the critters have done.