Purraise
3 miles on the treadmill this morning

1.75 miles on the treadmill this afternoon

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No exercise for me today- kills me to have to post that!! My Mum is in hospital so I spent time with her instead.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammat, I'm sorry about your mom! Is she OK?

I did Back and Biceps today with 3, 5, and 10 lb weights. Hopefully I'll recover before my CPR re-certification class tonight! LOL! Actually that would classify as a workout on its own.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mum has a terrible rash on her arms legs and some on her torso. They think it's an allergy but not sure. She's on antibiotic drip and antihistamines. It's terrible itchy. I live pretty much opposite the hospital so it's easy to visit. She is a very fit 82 but this has taken a lot out of her. Thanks for asking.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope they figure out what's wrong soon.

And yeah, CPR kicked me.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tammat, do you think she might have shingles? My mother had them and that's how they started out, along her arms and then her chest and stomach areas. Very itchy and she said they itched so much it was almost like a burning. Hope it clears up with your mom soon.

1.5 miles on the treadmill this morning (and then I turned chicken and came back up out of the basement; that's farther than I thought I'd get)

3 miles walking over my lunch break today (I can't get much more than that. Til I change into walking clothes, do the 3 miles, then change back into work clothes, my hour is pretty much done)

1.5 miles on the treadmill tonight

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammat, do you think she might have shingles? My mother had them and that's how they started out, along her arms and then her chest and stomach areas. Very itchy and she said they itched so much it was almost like a burning. Hope it clears up with your mom soon.

1.5 miles on the treadmill this morning (and then I turned chicken and came back up out of the basement; that's farther than I thought I'd get)
Yes Mum has had shingles twice and she thought she had them again but this time it's different. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it.

40 mins JM today for me.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ultimate Ball today. I got a few pikes in! I found magnesium chloride flakes at a health food store and made a small batch of magnesium oil. So far it burns about like Icy Hot, but that isn't the mechanism of how it works. It's supposed to be a transdermal way of getting magnesium. I'll keep y'all posted!

Tammat, how's your mom?

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hope your mom is doing better today.....

1.25 miles on the treadmill this morning

3 miles walking at lunch

1 mile on the treadmill at night

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! Did Tabata Inferno today, used 5 lb weights for one of the exercises but otherwise no weights. Magnesium oil isn't stinging like it did yesterday. Slept better last night than I had in a while. A little less sore today but I can't attribute it to mag oil just yet.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job girls!!! My Mum was discharged from hospital yesterday. A bit earlier than I would have liked but I don't have a say in that. I slept at her house and will for as long as needed. It's a bit tricky with kids but there are ways around it. You do these things for your Mum[emoji]128149[/emoji]
So no exercise for me yesterday. The stress and poor sleep hit me and I ate very poorly. 8 chocolate biscuits a chocolate bar plus other. Yikes!! I was wearing my exercise clothes!! Does that count?

I haven't lost the will to exercise I just need to fit it in. And I will!!!
You girls do a bit extra for me can you??

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You have to care for your mother right now. Good luck to her.....I hope she starts to feel better. 

3 miles on the treadmill this morning (Rick is home, so he gave the cats their breakfast while I went to the basement.)

3 miles walking over lunch today

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I managed to do a full days work, play with my kitties, 40 mins with JM and a visit and sleepover at Mums. I'm feeling like super woman right now!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I think you ARE super woman with everything you do!

I went ahead and bought that JM DVD. Figured I'd give it a shot. Got it from Amazon; it should be here sometime next week. I'll watch it first as there might be some things I can modify. So when she does lunges and I have to be careful, I can try doing something else or maybe not lunge quite as far. 

I figure that since I'm not walking at night anymore (walking in the morning and at lunch now), maybe I can get some other kind of exercise in 3-4 nights a week. Rick keeps saying that he wants to start working on the Bowflex again and once he does, I'll do it with him. But I need to do something, particularly since I can't get my head on straight to eat right anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done ladies. :clap:

Tamela, I'm glad your mother is doing a bit better. :hugs:

I have still been walking around four miles a day, but I'm just not enjoying it. :sigh: I used to love it and it would clear my head, but I've had a lot on my mind lately and the walk isn't helping. It's really felt like a chore. :dk: I think I need to explore some new walking routes and switch it up a little.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay for Jillian!!! I hope you enjoy it Winchester:)

Great walking Abbysmom. I hope you can find a way to enjoy it again. Remember someone on this thread said they did a crazy walk that looked like a robot?? I think they also said their partner refused to walk with them when they did it! Lol! Good luck:)

The food thing is the worst for me. Exercise makes me hungrier than ever. If I try to stick to 1200 calories I am like a ravenous bear. I go to bed hungry and then I dream all night that I'm eating!! I had a dream earlier this year that I was eating a plastic bowl!!! It tasted good!!! Lol!!

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, I"m sorry. When I was dealing with my mother in the nursing home, I'd walk over there at lunch time because it got me out to walk. But it wasn't fun at all. I think part of it was that I was so depressed and frustrated that I flat-out didn't want to do it. Normally walking clears my head, too, but at that time, it was just something else that HAD to be done. And when you HAVE to do something? It's no longer fun.

How about if you find another route, like you said? Or maybe it's time to find another exercise that you might enjoy more than walking. Is there anything else you can think of that might help you, at least for a while?

I don't know if this would help you or not, but when I get tired of walking, I think back to a couple of years ago when I couldn't walk. The pain in my legs was so bad that I couldn't walk. That's when I realized just how much I missed getting outside. I look at it as being very lucky that I can walk, that it's something that I can do....a lot of people can't walk for whatever reasons (bad back, bad legs, a disease, old age, etc.). 

I apologize if I'm overstepping my bounds.

Tammat, I'm excited about the DVD. And the food thing is really getting to me, too, big time. It's not really that I'm hungry....I can't really say that. I don't know what my problem is again. But the fact is that I'm walking 5.6 - 6 miles a day and I'm still gaining weight. Something is wrong with my mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.