The Exercise Motivation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to not scroll through all the pages 

but has anyone tried the lnsanity 60 day challenge workouts?
l saw the videos and felt like trying it. Checked out ebay and got the 13 dvd set at half the cost, so l'll have to wait about a week to get them.
lt looks like a great way to ramp up my fitness level pretty quickly, which is what l'm looking for.
I haven't tried Insanity, but I do a workout similar to P90X. Insanity is considered to be harder than those, but no matter...do what you can do and build up fitness. I often have to remind myself to NOT try to give it my all because of injuries. You're gonna sweat a lot, so be sure to get a towel and plenty of water. Tell us how it goes!

I haven't worked out due to illness. This stomach/head thing has been awful. I feel better today, so I'm going to clean my house some. I can't breathe well enough to do videos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done, ladies. :clap:

Those Insanity type workouts would kill me. :lol3:

For me, 4 miles walked on Saturday and lots of yard work. I didn't feel well yesterday and took it easy. Today was another 4 miles and a ridiculous amount of yard work. I hurt. :lol3:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Winchester, Abbysmom and Peaches! Good work everyone. Keep it going!!
60 mins with JM for me today.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still cleaning house today. Been using my HAAN handheld steamer to try to clean up the stained tile grout, then mopped with bleach to hopefully make it look better. Gonna scrub the tub today too. I can't do anything aerobic and this is sorely overdue housework.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still cleaning house today. Been using my HAAN handheld steamer to try to clean up the stained tile grout, then mopped with bleach to hopefully make it look better. Gonna scrub the tub today too. I can't do anything aerobic and this is sorely overdue housework.
I love it when you do heavy duty housework Peaches. It inspires me to get scrubbing too.
Killer buns level 2 for me today. I've run out of time to do anymore exercise for the day. That's another six days for me.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYBODY!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You can come clean my house when you are done! :lol3:

4 miles walked yesterday. Busy day today, so it will be a day off.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
4 miles this morning. :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still chugging along, doing extra walking where I can, and lots of gardening and housework.  Need to get my shrinking butt onto my exercise bike!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think I did between 6-7 miles today
3 on the treadmill this morning, another 2 at a nature preserve, 1 mile on a walk at a lake, with a final mile on the treadmill tonight.

Will explain later.....

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice work everybody! I went to an acute care center this morning due to the infection traveling to my ears. The doc looked at my throat and ears and said, "You're in a lot of pain, aren't you?" LOL! He wrote for antibiotics, a pain med, and a stout cough syrup. Already feeling a good bit better so I hope to be back at housecleaning tomorrow. On a good note, I've lost 11 lbs!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hope you feel better soon, peaches08, Good job on the 11 pounds. :clap:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Everybody! I hope you are starting to feel a bit better peaches. I thought of you as I scrubbed today! I cleaned half my house. It's my rest day but I've been itching to do some yoga so I did Jillian M yoga meltdown.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 mins with JM today then a 30 min run. I got swooped by a bird so I ended up in the middle of the road yelling and waving my arms like a crazy cat lady that I am!!!
GOOD WORK EVERYONE. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Already feeling a lot better! And I've managed to keep both eardrums intact. I'm still cleaning and working up a sweat while doing so, and throwing a lot of stuff out. I'm such a pack rat.

I hope to do videos again soon, I felt so good while doing them.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better peaches. I'm all geared up for some more house cleaning tomorrow. You have inspired me yet again.
Maybe we need a house cleaning motivation thread!!!
Today I worked out with JM for 60 mins.
I got sent a refund for the DVD I ordered because they ran out of stock. Poo Poo. I've ordered a different one and pre ordered one for September. Yay! That's something to look forward to.
KEEP IT UP EVERYBODY!! GO! GO! GO!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I tried to keep track of what I did while we were gone and posted accordingly, as much as I could. On Friday, we started for home, so nothing. Saturday, we got home and I had laundry and such to do. Just a general take care of things day. So.....

2 miles on the treadmill this morning

2.6 mile walk this afternoon

Peaches, that's great about the 11 pounds! Congrats! Glad you're starting to feel better!

You guys are all doing great! Keep it up!!

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done everyone! :clap:

4 miles SAturday and Sunday and I will be headed out in a bit for 4-5 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.