The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2024

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This is the thread where we discuss our exercise routines, post pictures and encourage each other to be more active. Everyone welcome! Regular exercisers and New Year's Resolution exercisers alike.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been in Seattle for a week. I selected Belltown as our “home base” because it was walkable to various sites (Pike Place, Space Needle & museums, Westlake, etc.,. Yup. Been walking.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm back!

I didn't do much for the first few days of this year because I was getting over the flu, but I've been building up to more exercise over the past few days.

Two 30 minute yoga practices and a 30 minute walk on Friday.
One hour of yoga and a one hour walk on Saturday.
1 hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk yesterday.
90 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk today.

I want to start doing some archery too, but it's been too cold this week. It's below freezing even in the middle of the afternoon and I can't handle the arrows if I have gloves on.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to stroller strides on Friday and plan on going tomorrow if J is well enough to send her to school. I should try bundling up the girls and going on walks at least, but with the kids having been sick on and off we've mostly stayed home and rested.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to drive my mom 300-ish miles home after she had come to our place to watch the furmonsters while we took a trip.
We stopped at a Costco a little over halfway to gas up, then I suggested we take a lap inside. Really was just a way to stretch the legs before we finished the drive, but it might just be a new “thing” to do more often.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I should try bundling up the girls and going on walks at least, but with the kids having been sick on and off we've mostly stayed home and rested.
Have your kids been sick too? There's a lot of bugs going around this winter, aren't there?
Really was just a way to stretch the legs before we finished the drive, but it might just be a new “thing” to do more often.
That sounds like a good idea!

I just did an hour of yoga today because I didn't have much time.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have your kids been sick too? There's a lot of bugs going around this winter, aren't there?
They have. M for sure had an ear infection and possibly J too (they said she had too much earwax to tell). I talked urgent care into giving J an antibiotic on Sunday because I was so tired of the intermittent fever, and she seems more herself.

Stroller strides got canceled today for weather. Will try again Friday.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes walk, 30 minutes stacking firewood and 30 minutes yoga on Thursday, 1 hour walk and 30 minutes yoga yesterday.

Where's rubysmama rubysmama these days? I hope she's going to join in the fun and games on our exercise motivation thread this year.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where's rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama these days? I hope she's going to join in the fun and games on our exercise motivation thread this year.
Thanks for tagging me. I forgot to mark this thread to watch when the 2023 one closed, so hadn't seen these new messages.

Nothing for me to add, unfortunately. Weather is just too cold and damp for outside walks. It will soon be spring, right. :lol:

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for tagging me. I forgot to mark this thread to watch when the 2023 one closed, so hadn't seen these new messages.

Nothing for me to add, unfortunately. Weather is just too cold and damp for outside walks. It will soon be spring, right. :lol:
She's super busy playing Wordle. :p
stacking firewood is good for the back and arms (exercise mot. thread) also to knit a solid pile that won't move as it air-dries and tip over! there is a saying that a person is warmed twice making firewood, to cut and stack, and again when it goes into the hearth...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
stacking firewood is good for the back and arms
Yes it is. I quite like stacking firewood, it's satisfying to make a nice neat pile and the wood makes some good "tok tok" noises when it's being stacked.

1 hour of yoga yesterday. We had our first snow last night. Only a few centimeters, but I'm looking forward to going out for a walk later.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
Had to drive my mom 300-ish miles home after she had come to our place to watch the furmonsters while we took a trip.
We stopped at a Costco a little over halfway to gas up, then I suggested we take a lap inside. Really was just a way to stretch the legs before we finished the drive, but it might just be a new “thing” to do more often.
I can't pass up the garlic beef hotdog when I visit! Roaming the isles is great for planning what to make for dinner....

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been sick with the flu and now bronchitis for a full week. Finally broke down and went to the doc for stronger drugs. lol
So the most exercise I’ve gotten in was this morning, cleaning up after the cats, and giving the bathrooms a wipedown. I was actually breathing deeply for the first time in a week. 😅. Hopefully I’ll be able to have my regular weight session on Saturday.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have been sick with the flu and now bronchitis for a full week. Finally broke down and went to the doc for stronger drugs.
Oh no, I hope you're feeling better now. I had a nasty flu kind of thing over New Year and it whacked all the energy out of me.

I've had a bit of a sad week, but I've been doing some very long walks. Walking always helps lift my spirits and organize my thoughts. Around 2 hours walk every day for the past week, with some yoga to stretch afterwards.