The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Not sure what my problem was last night. Just wasn't in the mood but made myself do 90 minutes of aerobics. 60 min on the elliptical and 30 min on the bike. I didn't feel well after. Felt like tossing my cookies so I just left and went home. Ate some salad and layed down. This morning woke up thinking it's Wed and nope it's Tuesday. (weds have a sale at this store I like) so was looking forward to a break. Tonight I will focus on the weights, not sore at all so I know I can add another 5-10lbs to what I was doing. Plus I increased my protein intake and added rice instead of crackers..not sure if that gives more energy. We shall see if my experiment helps with hunger. I know the video I posted the other day I listened to her talking and she said when adding weights we have to increase eating. To the point where we are sick of food and I doubt I will ever be sick of food. HAhahaha. As long as I can still eat my deep fried chicken tenders then life is good.

I didn't push myself too much last night-was reading a book on my phone=discovered a few things on amazon so I was reading more than concentrating on how fast I was going=and they had the fans on. I got on one of the ellipticals that was right underneath the fan-so much better! I can make myself go faster harder if I have a cooling source otherwise I just get sick to my stomach and a headache. I learned the hard way not to drink tons of water right when I start. I have to make myself drink a ton of water the hour before I get on the machine...then keep sipping water every 5-10 minutes...maybe some day I will figure out why I need so much water..this gal is a polar bear and HATE being hot. Even sweating is annoying BUT I know it's good for us. I just need to get some headbands to stop the sweat from getting in my eyes.

Winchester=glad your foot is not hurting too bad. And congrats on the incline. It does help burn more calories as you climb higher. are you still doing those stretches? I have been faithfully stretching after my workouts except for last night. I notice a big difference in that buttock pain is not as evident if I do those exercises to stretch the gluts. I get some funny looks but I actually like doing those stretches-it feels good.

Norchan=yes you will warm right up with those. I haven't seen a new workout from Lisa Marie in 5 days. Hope she is doing ok. I read up on facebook about her-she had to have several surgeries and she didn't say what for but that she came up with these workouts to try to keep her body in shape during the 3 months of recovery after each surgery. I just have more motivation to go harder longer after reading her story. I have utmost respect for those who have to deal with various health issues and take time off to recover-getting back into the swing is SO hard!! It's true=an object in motion stays in motion. but when an object is not in motion they take longer to get going. So I have made a goal to at least try 60 min a day of activity-it seems like life gives us hiccups then we have to find the want and desire to get up and get back into the game.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well she uploaded several new ones.

BodyRock - Full Body HIIT & 12 MIn Ab Bonus          

I opted to do standing side obligue pull ups instead of laying on the ground...I cheated and started this a few minutes earlier than lunch. Good workout.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get to the gym last night-holiday shopping and thrift store stop.

not really in the mood. did 15 min. enough to sweat pretty good. I didn't want to put the AC on since it's like 20 out. the following workout I use step to step instead of jumps. I did try 5 jumps. Trying jumps every workout but a very small amount to see how the knee reacts. I used 2lb hand weights. no heavy weights. sweating too much!

BodyRock - Ass, Legs & Abs Workout

no gym tonight either-vet appointment and have to start wrapping presents.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was very hard bike ride, because bike felt it did not want to move, I tried not to push too hard, however at once section bike moved slower than many people walk yet my heart rate was near at maximum and there was not even a big hill there, just little snow:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes walk on Wednesday. Nothing very active yesterday except for 2 hours of kindergarten kids and then some manic house cleaning.

Today is my first day off in two weeks.

I've just finished an hour of yoga. heading out for a long walk soon.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday: 4 miles on the treadmill

Thursday: 3.75 miles on the treadmill

Friday (this morning): 4 miles on the treadmill (incline is at 3% and my speed was 4 mph. First since that sciatica hit.)

It is simply too cold and too windy to be outside at lunch, so I'm only walking once a day for now. Next week the highs are to be back above normal, so I'll get out at lunch time, too)

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes easy exercise. ate too much for lunch-so didn't want to jog or else it will come back up. reading a new book-figured out how to use kindle cloud so I can read on the screen here. we have another half hour lunch then back to work.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to put computer to pause, so there is two images from same bike ride, wet ice, felt like bike would of been flying fast, but numbers don't lie, it was very slow ride compared to effort, I doubt I could of gone much faster, there was hardly any wind so can't blame even that:

I got long looks from few hikers as I was riding on that ice they tried to avoid when walking, but it was pretty quiet out there like it has been about a week already, people are preparing for next weekend.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I got long looks from few hikers as I was riding on that ice they tried to avoid when walking, but it was pretty quiet out there like it has been about a week already, people are preparing for next weekend.
I can feel myself going into a winter wind-down too, even though I'm trying to fight it.

An hour of yoga and 90 minutes walk on Friday.

An hour of yoga on Saturday and Sunday.

An hour of yoga and more cleaning yesterday. The house is looking very clean for the end of the year.

Going out for a walk now. The sun is shining and I'm getting cabin fever.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job Norchan!!! I too have had to force myself to keep moving.

lunchtime=did stair climbs-not actual stair climbing but put my foot up on something 10" high and put foot back. makes the front of my thighs burn. And I felt better moving around.

Last night Gym.

40 min 3 mile elliptical.

then weights.

seated rows

pulldown lats with the universal weights.

triceps exercise with same-stand and push palm of hand downward to the floor with the cables.

leg press

leg extension both types=the one we put our feet infront and behind of the foot holder.

chest press

side pulls with 25lb plate

front arm out with 8lb weights-not sure what you call those-lift arm out to shoulder height then return. Still can't get past 8lb with this. my arm shakes if I try 10lbs.

tonight going to do more cardio than weights-no gym wed or thur so I am trying to do enough to get me through this short week.

Good job everyone!!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gym last night-only did cardio. no weights. that guy who always talks to me was there so we chitchatted on that stairmaster elliptical thing. I did 30 min but needed to get off because the pedals are angled down and it hurts my toes because it keeps putting pressure on the tips. hurts! So I moved to elliptical. 15-20 min? didn't pay attention. I had a hard time talking on the 1st machine. but did sweat pretty good.

Lunchtime 30 min of easy aerobics and some squats without weights. just wanted to break a sweat and keep moving. followed along another BodyRock LisaMarie video on youtube. I can't do those jumps and then pushup then jump up again-reminds me of military training when they make the guys do pushups then jump up and jog then hit the floor. pretty good way to burn calories but I still don't have enough breathe to do it!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been cold, wet and rainy where we live off and on for the last two weeks. We have done part of our walking in the local mall. Yesterday we walked two miles there as soon as we got to town. Then we shopped some and went back. We walked another two miles before we went on to eat and go to church. That was to make up for not walking the day before when it was raining. :lol3: My feet were hurting.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday : 6 miles

Tuesday: 6 miles

Wednesday: 6 miles

Thursday: 3 miles on the treadmill and will walk 3 miles during lunch

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
And today at lunch, I only got two miles in. Evidently, it's only one mile into town to the candy store, so a mile over and another mile back. I need to figure out another route into town that will take 1.5 miles; that way, I'd get my three miles.

But part of the problem is that I have to cross a really busy highway and so I need that Pedestrian light at the traffic lights.....and, right now during the winter, they're buried in ice and snow  from the snow plows. They're really hard to get to. And there's no way I can cross without them, unless I have a suicide wish.

However, two miles is better than no miles and I'll take them.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I envy your determination to walk in this cold and blustery weather. It's much too icy and cold to safely walk anywhere for me.

Lunchtime jam-didn't do all the workout but I found a wooden step and started a few step aerobics which made me sweat more than usual. I wish I had time for the gym tonight. I don't know what I am going to do when I am off work-it's so hard to motivate me to leave the house when I'm not at work.

Here's the workout today-mostly Legs-and a few shoulder exercises. Played AC DC in the background.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First it rains water on top of ice and then it freezes, that means of course that I have to find steepest climbs, good ride, just way slower than what I would like to, heart rate rises but there is not much speed gain so no point trying to ride faster.

At some turns road was so much tilted that it was impossible to stand on those places, even bike tires had some sideways sliding, but nothing too great.

I stopped several times as there was bike tracks and I tried to see which tires that other rider had.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds exciting @JTbo  Nothing like a bit of adrenaline to get your heart rate up.

I've had a very lazy couple of days. Walked for 90 minutes on Tuesday, rode my bike for 30 minutes on Thursday. I haven't done anything active since then, but I'm going out for a walk now. 

Merry Christmas everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.