The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First day of the walk challenge and I've already beat the first day of steps I did last year
Last year I did 18,339 steps the first day. So far I have 23,882 steps
I did get plenty of steps in at the fitness center after work and a walk that.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done everybody :clap:

I did my legs today. My energy levels weren't the best so I had a little nap before I trained. I also did my shoulders once through.

I got a phone call and an email today from the supply company of my functional trainer. They are sending me out a new part to replace the faulty one :woohoo:
I refrained from making any comments to them ;) I just want to get it and get on with it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I rode my bike for 30 minutes yesterday then did a 30 minute run. It was hard. I got out of breath really quickly and couldn't run up any of the steep parts.

I guess everyone gets days like that. I don't know if that means I should push myself harder or have a rest. (Or lie on the sofa with a bottle of red and drown my sorrows.)

Today I did an hour of yoga and then an hour or running and walking. Running on the flat bits and walking up the slopes.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
did two sessions of 15 minutes aerobics yesterday. Didn't get to the gym-had to carpool with Jon and then did some errands, I already told him I will be late tonight. Going to spend 2 hours at the gym-but I take my time-I don't rush. Walk around inbetween machines etc, gab with people. Pretty much the only place I go where I will talk to strangers,

I tried their smith machine or whatever it is-I cant use it. The bar only goes up and down. And squatting is very uncomfortable. I cant get my hands back far enough to wrap around the bar-not sure why-when I use a barbell I don't have a problem. Will watch some people doing squats and see how they do it because I really don't want to go to another gym. This one is right by my house and open 24 hours and pretty clean. They are always cleaning and repairing machines.

Good job everyone!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only 8884 steps so far
Last year I was getting in at least 10,000 steps by lunch time. I just moved to a different department at work and there isn't a lot of walking involved. I've been trying to get steps in by marching in place as I'm working but it doesn't amount to much. Probably will need to head to the fitness center later and spend some quality time on the treadmill.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could get a treadmill at my desk. I try to walk in place as I type but its not the same. I try to walk around abit but if I don't walk around I barely get 4,000 steps all day. So I do high knee rises as I am typing and the guys look at me like I am a fool but  I don't care.

Gonna do half an hour of aerobics shortly. Found a 5 step workout in the latest health magazine=I have to do 4 sets of each exercise 20 reps with 3lb hand weights=-I did 2 of them so far and they definitely make me sweat. I also started jump roping. I can get 15 jumps before I cant breathe. So small baby steps.

If you sit at your chair you can do leg raises-these help build the muscles sourounding the knee-my doctor told me to start doing these as I was getting knee pain above the knee=due to my lack of mobility three years ago. So I try to do calf raises sitting down with something heavy across my thighs, pretty much if I can grip something I will lift it. And find different ways to go about it.

Keep up the good work!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a few treadmill desks at work. Some people like them.

Up to 24,442 steps now
Spent almost an hour at the fitness center. I would have stayed a bit longer but I drank some water and ended up having a coughing fit. The few people who were there kind of stared as I was coughing so I just left

My team is currently ranked number 2 for the company's local site
We're ranked number 3 among all the company's US sites, rank 16 across all the compnay's global sites, and rank 1164 across all participating companies from all over the world. Ok, so it's only day 2 of the challenge and anything can happen between now and the end. The team average currently sits as 21,300. It was higher earlier but dropped when the last person finally entered their steps in.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'd like to have a treadmill desk. I've seen them.

3 miles on the treadmill this morning

3 miles walked today during lunch. It's really warm out and muggy. I sweated quite a bit and I don't like to do that and then have to work the afternoon.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

this was yesterday and todays 30 min workout. I really enjoying the boxing. I didn't have to jump around to burn calories-just moving my arms was just as good at picking up my heart rate. first part done. will do more after work. I am getting to the point where I am looking forward to the workout. I want to push myself to see how far I can go.

Last night I used the 40 lb for chest press and it was not very hard. I will try 50lb tomorrow or sunday. I just wish it was easy to stop eating. BUt when I am hungry I go walk around a bit and sip some water.

Last night tried that chin up machine with the assisted weights-I had it almost all maxed out because I am so out of shape=so that's my next goal when I tap out at the 60lb barbell because that's the highest they go to for free weights otherwise I have to switch to dumbbells which I don't want to do but will if I have to. Its interesting to see how I have progressed..I started at 10lbs and now at 40lbs. Slow and steady wins the race folks!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my chest and abs with Rohan yesterday. That was the final workout of my 6 week programme :woohoo: Now I have a whole week to rest and I'm allowed to do cardio this time to burn some fat. I was a bit horrified when he said about the cardio :lol3: I'll see how I feel in a few days ;)
Keep going everybody :clap:

Oh and enjoy the warmth because it's not here anymore.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All exercise I have managed to do this week is pretty much sleeping, oh that is not actually form of exercise either, so quite low activity week, maybe it is good to have such too, but troubles with chainsaw has been the cause and certainly unplanned, but it is such way some time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'm taking today off from walking. This will be my second day off this month. 

(Unless the guilt gets to me and I head downstairs later on.)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I walked for 90 minutes yesterday.

Today I did an hour of yoga and a 30 minute run.

I has a pretty good run today. Mr Husband went to a colleagues wedding yesterday and brought me home a piece of wedding cake. I ate the cake about an hour before my run and I really noticed the difference.

That must be the secret to good running; eat more cake!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked for 90 minutes yesterday.

Today I did an hour of yoga and a 30 minute run.

I has a pretty good run today. Mr Husband went to a colleagues wedding yesterday and brought me home a piece of wedding cake. I ate the cake about an hour before my run and I really noticed the difference.

That must be the secret to good running; eat more cake!

:cake:
For me good amount of carbs before run at least doubles distance I can run, also when riding a bike, if I sip just a little soda or orange juice while riding I can push much harder and far longer, it is how those athletes can do what they do.

Good thing is that one can then push longer and harder enough to actually burn lot more calories than what intake was, it is bit of cheating your system to do more work for less energy, by eating bit extra before workout.

I did manage to chop bit of firewood today, repaired one chainsaw yesterday and finished repair today so could cut some firewood and friend brought his chainsaw to test also.

Now I have 5 chainsaws which one works and one is my friend's, rest need repairs. Saw that works is from 1990 or earlier, it is electric model, not much of power, but it does grind trough the wood steadily, albeit rather slowly. I'm just saying that older ones seem to be better built, with easier repairs.

Whole week has been very little exercise, more of repairing tools and saws.

Well, I did put fire to sauna, so it should be ready to bath soon, at least I should have sore free body for the next week's strain!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cleaned the house non stop for 5 hours today then I went for a 40 min power walk. Now that the house is clean I have no excuses for not doing cardio. I didn't plan that very well :lol3: I love a clean house. Just love it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.