The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About to go down to the yard. Mucking out etc, followed by riding or lunging/free schooling (working her loose is harder work for me as Collie's favourite game is 'follow the leader'. Cute but exhausting - especially on damp sand and wearing yard boots :lol3: )

Didn't lunge yesterday. Madam didn't want to come in so I had to spend 15 mins working her 'join up' style in the field before she let me put her head collar on :rolleyes: Ah, the joys of spring :lol3:

Everyone's doing so great :nod: Keep going guys :hyper:

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think Collie is just trying to make sure you get enough exercise.

"First, warm your human up by having her chase you around the field. Next, some head tossing and shying away to improve her agility, followed by some determined pulling to build up her upper body strength. Finally work on her inner core muscles and balance by trotting too fast, lunging sideways and grinding to an abrupt halt."

90 minutes walk this afternoon.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:crackup: :rofl: That just made my day Norachan :D

Happy to report that Collie went beautifully when I schooled her yesterday :hyper: Heavy day, though. Started with another impromptu join up session to catch in. After riding, mucking out etc I has to reorganise our hay and straw bales it get the new hay bale in. Took about 45 mins of lifting, sweeping and sorting. :thud: Asha was very good about missing her evening play session though - I was just too tired to move by the time I'd got home, cooked and baked for dad.

Today will be easier - mucking out etc only (though I may have to walk up to town to shop this morning).

Collie having a good stretch after a hard schooling session - just don't look at my arm/hand position :anon:

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was on the treadmill for 1.25 miles and decided that enough was enough. I needed coffee....now. Came up, had my coffee and am going back down to the basement in a few minutes.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done everybody :clap: great pic Columbine.

I did my legs today. Hamstring curls, steps up- oh those steps ups!!!!, leg extensions. Box jumps for 1 min again and then calf raises. This week I'm doing my full work outs for the first half of the week and then I have faster and more intense workouts for the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to it. :clap:
Let's make this new week a great week :clap:

We can do this. :banana1:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Tammat. I'm sure Collie would agree with you! She always spends the first 5-10 mins in that school gazing at herself each time we get to the mirrors :lol:

Mucked out etc today. That was it. It's getting harder and harder to keep going. Having to hide the pain and tiredness from mum - she's done her back in and I want her to heal. Will try to ride again tomorrow though -Collie needs the exercise.

Good luck for the coming week. Keep going everyone :hyper:

(Tammat - just reading your plans for this week exhausts me :lol3: :thud: Hope you can still move by next weekend ;) )

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like everyone is having fun excercising
  If no one here minds, could you peek over at my thread and suggest ways on how I can get others motivated to excercise? I have a few ideas in mind but would appreciate others
I don't want to hijack this thread. Thanks

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Had a really busy day at work yesterday. I barely had the energy to open a bottle of wine when I was done.

I'll do better today.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a really busy day at work yesterday. I barely had the energy to open a bottle of wine when I was done.

I'll do better today.

:angel:
I bet it was worth the energy to open the wine ;)

I only did my shoulders today. I was supposed to do my back but ran out of time. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow? Or maybe I'll just write it off.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mucked out etc today. Thankfully Collie seems to have given up on playing games before I catch her (for now, anyway...). Too tired to do anything more with her. Must try and ride in the next couple of days. Also, we have a booking for our holiday cottage at the end of the week. We've just redone the bathroom in there, so the whole place needs a deep clean. Thank goodness it's only small.

Hope today was less hectic Norachan. It sounds like you earned that wine :nod:

Tammat - if it was me, I wouldn't worry about skipping one section of your workout. Knowing you, though, I get the feeling you'll get it in somewhere ;)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going great everybody :clap2:

I did my biceps with Rohan today then did the shorter more intense versions of chest and triceps. I admit I wasn't very enthusiastic with the latter.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mucked out today. Dad caught in for me as the heavens opened at the wrong moment - he had waterproofs on and I didn't. Couldn't groom a sodden pony either. I need a day off, but it's not possible right now. Got to deep clean the cottage tomorrow as well as mucking out :bawling:

Keep going everyone :hyper:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I did not hit the treadmill today. BUT.....

I ended up with 22,866 steps, over 20,000 again this month. It comes out to 10.12 miles that I walked today.

I had to put the charger on the riding mower and I couldn't get the battery to charge properly. So after finagling around for about an hour or so, I pulled the push-mower out of the shed, filled it with gas and started off. Got the entire front yard finished, even around the trees and such and down on the bank by the road. Got the side yards finished. I started mowing the back yard and I probably could have finished that, too, but I don't think I would be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning, not without my lower back yelling at me. We only have almost 1-1/2 acres or so and it's not really all that much until you mow it by push-mower.

It was hot and humid this afternoon, about 85 F and I'd mow for a while, then come in the house and get a cold drink with lots of crushed ice. Go back outside and mow again, then come back in the house. After my shower tonight, I cracked open a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and poured it over a tall glass of ice. It wasn't wine, Norachan, but it hit the spot. Ahhhhhh

So tomorrow night, after I get home from work, get the clan fed their supper, and get the trash down for pick-up, I'll get the back yard mowed.

Good work everybody!

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great exercising everybody.
Lawn mowing with the push mower would be wonderful exercise Winchester. It's just like the treadmill anyway with added resistance. Good job.
I nearly took the day off today. I worked in the morning and it was cold and windy and the thought of going out to the shed was not exciting!! I got started and I was warm. I did my legs so half way through I was thankful for the cold wind!!! I intended to try and catch up on the missed back routine but I ran out of time. That's not going to happen now.

Keep going everybody.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles walked during lunch today

Finished the back yard tonight. I ended up with 18,610 steps for the day. 8.23 miles.  I considered hitting the treadmill, just to get to 20,000 steps again, but I'm too tired. Going to grab a quick shower and then off to bed.

And Rick comes home tomorrow night!

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spent 90mins cleaning the holiday cottage today. Nowhere near finished. The contractor left a huge mess in the bathroom - far worse than I realised. There's grout all over the tiles and the door, and excess sealant everywhere too. On top of that, the previous guests left the oven filthy, with melted cheese all over the shelves. :argh: I'm going to have to clean all day tomorrow to get it right. I hate it when people have no respect for the property. Mind you, there have been real horror stories over the years. At lest I'm not having to deal with feces or vomit all over the stairs...

Mucked out etc too. Tired now.

Winchester - all that mowing sounds like a great workout :nod:

Everyone's doing great :clap: Keep it up.

@JTbo hope you're ok.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You have my sympathy @Columbine  I can imagine what a nightmare it is having to clean up after builders and paying guests.

90 minutes yoga today. I'm trying to build up my upper body strength enough to do Feathered Peacock Pose. I can do Handstands, Firefly Pose and Crow Pose, it's just a case of getting my weight in the right place I guess.

Columbine can you do this one? Any tips?

@JTbo  hope everything is OK.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan No, I can't do that pose - I just don't have the upper body strength these days. Pre fibromyalgia i could do crow pose, but i never mastered getting into a headstand, let alone a handstand! Good luck with it - I suspect that mastering it comes down to finding the centre of balance...not always easy. I'm really missing my yoga - I need it for mental balance as much as anything - but I just haven't the energy for anything extra - ponies and paying guests have to come first!

I was meant to be cleaning again today, but I literally didn't have the energy to move this morning. I'm just off to see how much I can get done in an hour, then it's off to the yard again. Field clearing again today (unless dad does it while I muck out). Collie needs some exercise too, but it doesn't look likely today :sigh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.