The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4th session of the week - rode my bike for 47 minutes after dinner out. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Pat, you're pedaling right along!

3 miles on the treadmill this morning

3 very cold miles walking over lunch

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job girls!! I'm back home. I went to my Uncles 80th birthday. It was wonderful to catch up with family. A great trip but ahh I love being home!!
40 mins no more trouble zones for me today. One day soon I'm going to conquer those horrific wind shied wipers!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to be helping me to tone my way out of shape legs, and help me lose.  I'm happy to report (as sad at it sounds) that I am 83 lbs. from maintenance...slowly but surely I am getting this done.  So yeah, when I'm all done, I will have lost 228 lbs. (sigh).

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Pat, you are such an inspiration for the rest of us!

Good work, guys!

3 miles on the elliptical this morning.

3.25 miles walking during lunch.

I guess I should mention the times it takes me. Usually 3 miles on the elliptical will take me about 40 minutes; it used to take me 50 minutes for the 3 miles, so I've shaved off about ten minutes. Sometimes if I do 3.25, it will take 4 minutes or so to add that extra quarter-mile. My elliptical is set up for a 3% incline on level 2. (If I don't hit the elliptical as soon as I get out of bed, chances are I won't do it. I have it ingrained into me that I get out of bed, throw on a t-shirt and sweats and jump on the elliptical. Right away.)

My 3-mile walks during lunch will take me about 50 minutes. A lot of that depends on how icy or slushy the roads and sidewalks are at this time of the year. My treadmill is set up for a 4% incline and I usually hit it at about 3.5 miles an hour.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sore knees kept me off the bike for the past two days.  Got on today for my first session of the week - did 36 minutes.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Pam. Does the fitbit tell you how many hours you do? You are truly a legend!!!
Good job to rest your knees Pat. I'm glad you're back peddling though.
I did no more trouble zones with Jill again.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The Fitbit doesn't keep track of minutes. But my iPod does and so does whatever machine I'm using. Both machines keep track of calories, too, for whatever it's worth.....I don't really go by that.  When I log into MyFitnessPal and put in my exercise, it will work with Fitbit to tell what Fitbit will allow. And then it tells me how many calories I can add to my 1200 for the day. I do tend to keep track of calories in MyFitnessPal during the day. But at night, it's more difficult because MFP doesn't really have a good list of foods with accurate calorie content. At least I don't think so.

My problem is not that I'm not exercising. My problem is that I'm eating too much. Mindless eating while watching tv or reading. If I can stop that, I'd be fine.

I'm glad your knees are better, Pat. Best to stay off the bike when they hurt. Good job, Tammat (and Jill). 

3 miles on the treadmill this morning.

3 miles walking over lunch

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
40 mins no more trouble zones for me today. I took my t shirt off because it was hot and then went to pick my kids up from school and went to the supermarket and newsagents. I realised tonight my t shirt is on inside out!!! Oops!!

I totally understand about the eating Winchester. I do it too. Exercise makes me hungry- plus I'm a glutton but I'm not stopping exercising. I still have days of very good eating so I hope it can outweigh the bad. Plus I eat a very healthy diet and then add biscuits and cake. I rarely eat junk food. I'm getting 3/4 right I think.

Keep going girls. We will get there!! :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I will not stop my walking for anything. Not going there. I do have good days where I don't eat over my amount and I make sure I eat the right things. But it is difficult.

3.25 miles on the elliptical this morning.

3.25 miles walking during lunch

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2nd session of the week finally - 31 minutes today on my exercise bike.  No more sore knees (yay!)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Injuries, on top of overeating, have been my worst enemies lately. Did 10 pushups and 75 crunches. I'm still scared of doing squats since I still feel pain in my ankle. Clinicals start soon and I just can't risk it.

way to go everybody!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3 miles walking over lunch today.

(The alarm on Rick's phone went off this morning, but I didn't hear it. And Rick said he didn't have the heart to wake me up. No work this morning.)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used my bike for 37 minutes today - 3rd session of the week.  Want at least one more exercise sometime this weekend.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job girls.
I have a new Jillian DVD. Its yoga inferno. It's yoga poses with cardio intervals. It will take me a bit to get used to the moves but I liked it. It's 30 mins and it went pretty fast.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Way to go, ladies! Nice new DVD, Tammat....you rock!

3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
49 mins no more trouble zones and a few hours later I did my new yoga DVD. I left my yoga mat out and Neffie scratched it up!!! Arrrg. That's what happens when you don't pack things away!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning (just finished up as we awakened late today)

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to post yesterday that I did my 4th session of the week on my exercise bike - 36 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.