The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys! Great work outs! I'm not really feeling much better today.....just really, really tired.Upset tummy. I just feel bushed.

2.5 miles on the elliptical this morning (Will finish it tonight; I'm pooped).

3.25 miles walking over lunch

.75 mile on the elliptical tonight

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
2.5 miles on the elliptical this morning

3.25 miles walking over lunch

Got an email from Fitbit this morning:
  • I walked 1,073 miles in 2013 (keep in mind I got the Fitbit and started keeping track around the middle of June) According to Fitbit, that distance is the length of New Zealand. 
  • For some reason, Monday was my most active weekday (and I'm thinking it's because we usually hit the grocery store on Monday nights, which is more walking around)
  • July was my most active month (gardening and weeding? And I usually mow the lawn with a push mower or at least part of it)
  • July 4 was my most active day (believe it or not, I remember that day because I reached my step goal around 10:30 in the morning that day....it was a gardening day with lots of walking around in the yard. That was the first time I reached 20,000 steps)
I got my walking shoes the same day I got my Fitbit, so those shoes have the same amount of miles. I just thought it was interesting the way they keep track of things.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work girls!! Keep it up. That's very cool about the fitbit Winchester. I write all my workouts into my diary by hand (so olden days!!) it really is good to be able to look back and see what we have achieved. The length of New Zealand!!! Holy Moley that's incredible!! Well done :) Do you think you would have believed it without the fitbit? That's a fabulous device.
Yesterday was a rest day for me. We came home a day early from holidays. It was so hot here at home that I was worried for my cats. I didn't know how the kittens would handle the heat plus the whole family was homesick.
Today I did no more trouble zones. Ah there is nothing like the comfort of your own home. ( cats were fine)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work Pat and Tammat. And welcome home, Tammat. Glad the kittens and cats were OK.

Yeah, I probably would have walked that far anyway, simply because it's so ingrained in me now that I just do it. I like the Fitbit, though, because while I just write down my walking and elliptical mileage, the Fitbit includes everything, even housecleaning. So while I've noted that I've done 6.5 miles of exercise for a day, the Fitbit also includes walking through the mall, the grocery store, vacuuming, etc. And technically, it is all walking no matter where you do it.

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Pam. Are you feeling better? Or just soldiering on?
I forgot to check in yesterday. Oh no!! I ran 35 mins and today I did no more trouble zones. My shorts were a bit tighter today. Oh dear. But I have to say that I look a whole lot better than I did last time I was this weight because everything is tighter and sitting where it should be instead of sagging. Exercise is fabulous.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Morning Tammat 
 Just
 on more than anything at this point, I think. Awakened this morning with a headache, so it's going to be another not-so-great day. I hate headaches.

Isn't it amazing how a weight can look so different when you're exercising? And things don't "move" as much with exercise. I've noticed that, too. Congratulations! 

3 miles on the treadmill this morning.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got so nervous during the NFC championship game our team was in, that I got onto my exercise bike during the last half hour and pedaled away...lol.  Did 35 minutes.

bishop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nice, thread idea. I like working out, my brother is very helpful by letting me use his weights. I do more muscle gaining workouts than other things which I hardly or never do. Anyway I might check back in later. Thanks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work, Pat and Tammat! 

I'm not doing anything today, but will either hit the elliptical or the treadmill tonight, I promise. Or shovel snow.

Rick brought me into work this morning, so no time for the elliptical. The wind is howling outside and it's snowing like crazy. And as I texted Rick this morning, I'm simply not in the mood to deal with being cold and wet. Not today. I'm so tired of this weather I could cry. Rick told me not to worry about walking as we'll likely spend the evening shoveling/sweeping the driveway.

ETA: I did do 2 miles on the elliptical on Tuesday night.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3 miles on the treadmill this morning (No way was I opening the bedroom window to use the elliptical. Not this morning.)

2.67 miles walking over lunch (I had to steer clear of a street that I normally walk into.....ambulance was there and I stayed away)

It's not as terribly bad as I thought it would be. It's cold....no way around it. It's cold. But I didn't freeze to death. Not as windy as it had been either.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3 miles on the elliptical this morning

3 miles walking during lunch

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Pam. You go girl!!!!! I had a rest day yesterday. I didn't plan to but it just didn't happen. 40 mins no more trouble zones for me today. I'm going to my Uncles 80th Birthday in Adelaide so I think I will have to miss 3 days. Oh no!!! Adelaide is about 5 hours drive from where I live. When I think of Adelaide these days I think of Winchester walking all the way there don't ask me why? I just do. My husband is staying home and he's going to feed the cats. I am worried but at least I can ring him each day and be a control freak about it!!
You girls keep it up while I'm absent. I'll be checking up on you!!! :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work Pam. You go girl!!!!! I had a rest day yesterday. I didn't plan to but it just didn't happen. 40 mins no more trouble zones for me today. I'm going to my Uncles 80th Birthday in Adelaide so I think I will have to miss 3 days. Oh no!!! Adelaide is about 5 hours drive from where I live. When I think of Adelaide these days I think of Winchester walking all the way there don't ask me why? I just do. My husband is staying home and he's going to feed the cats. I am worried but at least I can ring him each day and be a control freak about it!!
You girls keep it up while I'm absent. I'll be checking up on you!!!
Yay for your 40 minutes! 

5 hours, eh? Yeah, we could walk that! 

Have fun, Tammat!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did 35 minutes yesterday on my exercise bike = session #2 for this week.  About to get on for today's session.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't use my bike yesterday afterall, but did today for 46 minutes :)  Makes this my 3rd session of the week, and the minimum I shoot for, per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.