Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Winchester :clap:

Take care JTbo.

I did go for that run on Saturday. Monday and Tuesday I did the same cardio challenge. I've been going to an oval and at each quarter point of the oval I do exercises. Sit upsx10 then run quarter oval, pushupsx10 then run quarter oval, burpees x10 then back to start and each lap the exercises go down by 2 reps. 10, 8, 6, 4, 2. It really gets your blood pumping!!!
Tonight I have a new challenge that Rohan has set for me. It sounds easy on paper but I know it will be mean!! :D

Keep going everybody. :blobgreen

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completed my cardio challenge the other night. The next day ( thurs) I did cardio with Rohan. It was 33 deg Celsius. I was outside in the sun on an asphalt tennis court running, push upping, burpees ect... I thought that would kill a person but I survived. In fact I recovered really well. It was honestly life changing for me. Before I started learning body building my goal was to run 10 km. I made it to 8.4 km and it's just bugged the heck out of me that I never met that goal. With my new found confidence I ran 11.45km today :woohoo: I did it! I really did it!

Keep going everybody :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Tammat, there is no better thing than one winning oneself! :D

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been back on the weights this week. I've exercised every day. Today is Saturday and I'll be doing cardio and my abs. A mother at the school my kids go to said ' hey there musclley woman' to me this week. :woohoo: and then a girl that works in my local pharmacy said yesterday ' you look good, I haven't seen you for a while. You look fit' :woohoo: that's a very nice confidence boost.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my cardio on Saturday. It was pretty warm and I didn't realise it took me as long as it did. 25 mins. I felt quite sick for quite a while afterwards but I recovered well and then I felt great.
Mon, I did back, triceps and shoulders. Boy my shoulders just burn and burn for hours now. I thought I might have injured myself but they were fine the next day.
Tues. Abs, chest and biceps
Today is wed and I did my legs.
Keep going everybody.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear. Where are we???
I have been absent from posting. Sorry guys. I haven't let the side down. I've been doing my usual every day with Sunday still my rest day. I could feel myself coming down with a cold on Thursday so I took an extra rest day and then I made it up on Friday.
Today is Sunday my rest day.
I will try to post regularly this week.

Keep going everybody.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've been managing to walk once or twice a week the last few weeks. Weather has not been very accommodating and I don't want to deal with the wind and cold, so I've not been walking much. That's my excuse, lame as it is. I need to get back on track.....yet again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been managing to walk once or twice a week the last few weeks. Weather has not been very accommodating and I don't want to deal with the wind and cold, so I've not been walking much. That's my excuse, lame as it is. I need to get back on track.....yet again.
Exact same story here. Aaron and I were going to walk this morning, but it is really raw out and the wind is brutal. Three day nor'easter coming this week too. :rolleyes: I may have to break down and use the exercise bike.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! I totally understand. Wind is horrible and it's never as cold here as you guys get it. Luckily I exercise inside most days. I'm worried how the next few weeks before Christmas will go. My calendar I'd getting busier and busier.
We keep going. You guys will get back into it. You always do.
Have a little pedal inside. You will be glad you did. Just get on and start. That's the hardest part. ;)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been too sleepy to do much, sleeping 14 hours non stop is very easy, maybe I'm going to hibernate for the winter to escape cold...

I did ride with bicycle yesterday, heavily banked small road with smooth ice and bit of water on top of ice, I could still keep up good speed up to 30kph.

It was like driving on summer, but it was more exhausting and of course air was colder.

Today I did 1.5 hours of bicycling while it was snowing, quite good exercise, but it is already quite late and could not make dinner, there is so little time in a day.

Also I'm getting lot of daydreams even I'm awake, I just find out that I have stopped and seeing a dream.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been too sleepy to do much, sleeping 14 hours non stop is very easy, maybe I'm going to hibernate for the winter to escape cold...

I did ride with bicycle yesterday, heavily banked small road with smooth ice and bit of water on top of ice, I could still keep up good speed up to 30kph.

It was like driving on summer, but it was more exhausting and of course air was colder.

Today I did 1.5 hours of bicycling while it was snowing, quite good exercise, but it is already quite late and could not make dinner, there is so little time in a day.

Also I'm getting lot of daydreams even I'm awake, I just find out that I have stopped and seeing a dream.

im glad to hear you are back out riding. Have you fully recovered from when you were unwell? Sometimes we are sleepy if our bodies are healing. I admit if I lived in the cold and snow I would most certainly want to hibernate.

I am working out on the weights six days a week very intensely until the 19th dec. then I am having two "rest" weeks. I am not sure why they are called rest weeks because I will be doing lots of fat burning cardio. I am eating clean foods but lots of them. My weight needs to increase. Some of the weight increase will be fat but hopefully there will be a good increase in muscle mass. I am loving body building. I find the whole process quite fascinating. So much to learn. I girl could never get bored. Very tired yes. Bored- no.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been too sleepy for much of riding, but I have made myself to visit a shop via longer route, I guess that counts.

Mud, slush, it really does not inspire a lot, also it is so dark at this time of year, really great excuses, huh? :D

Weather should become better in few days, then I need to try out longer ride again.

Firewood would need some chopping too, I should stop sleeping so much, so I could actually have some daylight for that too...

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I did ride 2 hours today, it was bit wet snow rain and also ground had some wet snow, but kind of ok.

Worse thing was that I did start sweating when took bike out, I did ride at level which was easier than walking and did run almost out of breath, sweating a lot and felt that could not go much further after 15 minutes.

I kept going however and after more than an hour body kind of started to operate much better, I could even pick up some speed, but I still not ride very fast as earlier I had really bad feeling about pushing any harder than less than walking effort.

I think that body has been clogged from lack of exercise and it just takes time to unclog the system.

After resting bit over hour from exercise, I must say that I feel better than in whole last month or so, need just to keep doing more now, all the issues have certainly got my weight on rise.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you are back JTbo. Exercise certainly makes you feel better. Some days I just dread getting started but once I do Then I keep going and I'm always glad that I did.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today it was quite heavy shopping trip, pedals did go under the surface of rather wet snow, so I did visit shop by short route, it was still good hour, speed was walking pace, not much more and I still felt like being in a sauna, maybe I should just use shorts and t-shirt :D

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work JTbo :clap:

I've had a rest day today and tomorrow I'm starting a week of cardio. 20 mins each day.
Keep going everybody.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did a cardio circuit today. Three exercises and sprints in between. 10 mins non stop then a small break then 10 mins again with three different exercises. Burpees, lunges. Push up ect... There's nothing like the " feel good" you get after cardio.
Work hard people. We can do this.
We need to earn our Holiday Food!!!!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 hours of firewood chopping, first I did carry those over 2 meter long logs to cutting place, then cut them with chainsaw, after that some good chopping in -14C weather, still too warm for my liking, felt like being in sauna and gloves still get wet, weather is good when gloves don't get wet, but that is something colder than -20C I guess.

Cats still like to go outside and sit under small trailer for hour while stalking birds that are always too high for them.

Oh and I did cut and install piece of insulation board into cellar window, actual window pane and frame had rotted so bad that I took those out and closed opening with insulation board, it should help to keep water pipes/hoses from freezing now.

Also felt again same snap from my back as some time earlier, I guess pulled too hard to get that frame out, let's see how bad it is tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.