The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hydration and nutrition are super important. One of the first things i learnt earlier this year was EAT TRAIN SLEEP. Pretty much in that order too. I used to be tired and sleepy a lot. The more I improve my nutrition the more energy I get.
Today I started my new programme. Wow! wee!! It's hard but pretty cool. I did my shoulders at home 6am. Then I did my back and triceps with Rohan at 10am.

Keep going everybody :clap:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chest, biceps and abs today. 1 1/2 hrs. My new programme is killing me but I know it will deliver results. My bootie is shrinking!! Woo Hoo!! I've wanted that to happen since puberty. Keep me away from cake and I'm going to succeed with this.

Keep going everybody. We can do this :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday: 3.50 miles walking during lunch

Wednesday: 3.50 miles walking during lunch (And I must say that it was chilly, damp, and windy today)

Not too bad, considering I have another bad cold....I think this is my fourth one this year!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuesday: 3.50 miles walking during lunch
Wednesday: 3.50 miles walking during lunch (And I must say that it was chilly, damp, and windy today)

Not too bad, considering I have another bad cold....I think this is my fourth one this year!
Hope you are feeling better soon :). Can you believe it's already getting cold? It just seems like a month ago that it stopped snowing!!!

We had our first really warm/ hot days this week. Yesterday was one of them. I did my legs in the morning with Rohan. Then because today is going to be busy I did my triceps and back last night. A big day for Tamela- that's my name!!!
This morning I got up at 6am and did my shoulders.

Keep exercising everybody :nod:

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I laid around like a loaf all day! lol It is hot here. OK OK maybe a 10 miler tomorrow. The middle age weight has crept up on me and nothing fits!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you are feeling better soon :). Can you believe it's already getting cold? It just seems like a month ago that it stopped snowing!!!

We had our first really warm/ hot days this week. Yesterday was one of them. I did my legs in the morning with Rohan. Then because today is going to be busy I did my triceps and back last night. A big day for Tamela- that's my name!!!
This morning I got up at 6am and did my shoulders.

Keep exercising everybody :nod:
I had to visit at the bank earlier this week and of course there was someone with a flu, it is really small lobby and had to wait 40mins so as a result I'm now having a flu, I hate flu because it means extra costs and no extra income.

Last night it was -20C here (-4F), it is still freezing temperatures, tomorrow snow and slowly bit warmer.

I had great opportunity to have some muscle flexing at local sawmill, but lost it because of flu, it usually takes about two weeks until I get better. I have had lot less of colds but now there has been two in this year and both could of been avoided if sick persons would use some of those masks I have seen people use in more populated places.

I think such would be good thing to add for good habits list.

Well, now my exercise is carrying wood to fireplace, even that makes my breathing whine and I need to take asthma medication.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you feel better soon @JTbo.
I did my abs and biceps last night and got up early to do my chest.I am finished for the week. Phew! It was a lot harder but I got through it.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moved up from walking to running again...doing my run-walk program again.  It's nice working out at night when there's no sun and less traffic!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good job, people. And way to go!

Monday: 3.50 miles

Tuesday: 3.50 miles

Wednesday: 3.50 miles

Thursday: 3.50 miles

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another run-walk today, running time was a total of 10 min.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only exercise I have done is coughing up thick green slime/goo from my throat. Not much of that happens indoors, but right when outdoors it starts and it is limitless supply.

Maybe I should attempt to sculpt it into shape of jack-o-lantern or something, green slime should be very Halloween-like, but here they don't celebrate Halloween, only in bigger coastal cities they do that.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great work everybody :clap:
Hope you get better soon JTbo

Looks like I didnt post all week.
I went away for a long weekend to my Neices 21st birthday 6 hrs away. Where I ate so much sugar. We travelled home on Monday.
Monday: triceps and shoulders- skipped back
Tuesday: was sick from sugar consumption- skipped whole workout.
Wednesday: legs
Thursday: back, triceps, shoulders
Friday: biceps, abs - skipped chest
Saturday: intended to do chest and cardio. Laid down for a nap and woke up 3 1/2- 4 hrs later!!! The day was over. I decided to rest.
Today Sunday rest.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday: 3.5 miles during lunch

Tuesday: 3.5 miles during lunch

Wednesday: 3.5 miles during lunch

Thursday: 3.25 miles during lunch (It was raining and til I got to the park, it was pouring. And windy. Even with my umbrella, by that time, it was ridiculous. So I didn't get that extra .25 mile in)

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear I've been absent again.
Monday I did back, triceps and shoulders.
Tuesday I did chest, biceps and abs
Wednesday I was supposed to do legs but I was just too tired.
Today Thursday I did back, triceps and shoulders.
I felt terrible for not training yesterday but Rohan said he actually expected me to get fatigued. I'm having a rest week next week. A rest from the weights anyway. I'll be doing some cardio instead.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally I did manage to do bit of bicycling, only 1.5 hours, but it was in 2 inches of snow, so that is quite bit more work than without the snow.

I could feel that in my legs too, so long since last time I had chance to ride that it certainly had cause some setback.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday I did my biceps and chest. I really didn't want to do it but once I got started I mustered the energy. Today is Saturday. I work in the morning and usually have a sleep in the afternoon. Today was a big sleep and now I'm getting ready to run around the local lake 4.2 kms. My youngest daughter learnt to ride a 2 wheeler bike this week so I've been taking her and her sister for bike rides after dinner. I've been walking but tonight I plan to jog.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did manage to strain my back somehow as I was exiting from bathroom so once again I can't do anything, so frustrating.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work! JTbo, please take care!

Sunday: I did work outside and managed to meet my Fitbit walking goals just by working in the gardens (and, by golly, I'm including it! 
)

Monday 3.5 miles walking over lunch at work

Tuesday: No walk, but did meet my Fitbit goals by walking through the house, decorating, and doing housework

Wednesday: 3.5 miles walking over lunch at work

Thursday: 3.5 miles walking over lunch at work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.