The confessional....

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. I learn so much here! No, I don't think my earring holes smell.

And Nat - I like to clean my ears too. Unfortunately I do it so thoroughly that sometimes I get an ear infection.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is sebum from inside the hole, aka ear cheese. It can happen in almost any piercing. When people take the jewelry our of piercings for awhile, a lot of the time they think that the hole has grown shut, when it can be a hard lump of sebum has formed and blocked the hole, basically turning it into a zit. Yuck! It can also coat the part of the jewelry that stays under the skin all the time if don't clean them properly.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
What a helpful thread! I just went and cleaned my lobes!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

i love wearing thongs (flip-flops in america?) but if i am spending the whole day walking around i get a little band of dirt stuck to my foot along the bandline of the thong...and because my skin is as white as a ghost you can see the dirt when i sit down and the shoes move...

i wonder if that happenes to other people or if those people think i'm a dirty or unkempt person? lol
I'm really glad you clarified that you were talking about shoes, not uhh.... a certain kind of underwear
. Because your story would be really scary if it was underwear-related.

(P.S. I think the band of dirt thing is pretty common. It's something I've noticed on other people but never think they're dirty. After all, their feet are right close to the dirty ground, it only makes sense that they're going to pick up some dirt during the day.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

I'm really glad you clarified that you were talking about shoes, not uhh.... a certain kind of underwear
. Because your story would be really scary if it was underwear-related.
That's why i clarified lol. In Australia we call them g-strings
Now the question is..how on EARTH would i get dirt on my underwear?...OH!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I've noticed the smelly ear holes thing too! I'm so glad you brought this up, now I feel better about myself.

As for tonsil stones - I just found out the other week that my sister has had those forever. I never knew! The thing is, my hubby gets them too, which I find super gross, but my sis told me off for complaining about it.
Nat - yeah, I like cleaning my ears too. Super bonus when you get a whole lot of gunk out!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have it with my ears rarely, but where I really notice it is my belly button ring. It probably doesn't help that's there's a ring in there 24/7 and I've had it for so long now that I kind of forget about it. When I do fiddle with it or change it out, there is often a faint smell. Gross.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Yep, never had them until a couple of years ago.

Gosh, you young'uns have soooo much to look forward to as you age!

Hilda >^..^<
Ive had those and its disgusting, i started getting them since i was 7 or 8 or so ... its because you drink too much acid such as orange juice and it just builds up

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I have it with my ears rarely, but where I really notice it is my belly button ring. It probably doesn't help that's there's a ring in there 24/7 and I've had it for so long now that I kind of forget about it. When I do fiddle with it or change it out, there is often a faint smell. Gross.
Me too
I haven't changed mine in years..I might actually take it out..I feel too old for it

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Me too
I haven't changed mine in years..I might actually take it out..I feel too old for it
Dont do that! only freaky people have it and it looks nice :p
I still got mine

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

this could get scary and a bit too personal lol

i love wearing thongs (flip-flops in america?) but if i am spending the whole day walking around i get a little band of dirt stuck to my foot along the bandline of the thong...and because my skin is as white as a ghost you can see the dirt when i sit down and the shoes move...

i wonder if that happenes to other people or if those people think i'm a dirty or unkempt person? lol
No, you are not alone. Happens to me, too, as flip-flops are my summer shoe of choice. My feet get really sweaty when hot.

That's why i clarified lol. In Australia we call them g-strings
Now the question is..how on EARTH would i get dirt on my underwear?...OH!!!
What you do in your underwear is your business!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's another rather odd one...and rather embarrassing. For those of you that get cold sores...how many of you pick at them to the point of ridiculousness? I will admit to doing that. It's gross, but I can't seem to help myself.

And that yucky ear-lobe piercing smell can show up in all piercings...we piercing-enthusiasts lovingly refer to it as "the feta smell."

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I still got mine
Yeah but I am 25 years old..and I got the thing in college..I just feel weird, like I am trying to be 19 or something
My ex hated the thing..hated my tattoo too. Well actually, he was a wang so I guess that doesn't matter anyway

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Me too
No don't do that! They're so cute. You should only drop it when you no longer have the body to show it off, and you DEFINITELY still have the body for it. I plan on keeping mine well into my 30's-40's.

Originally Posted by fwan

I still got mine

I guess we're all freaks.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah but I am 25 years old..and I got the thing in college..I just feel weird, like I am trying to be 19 or something
My ex hated the thing..hated my tattoo too. Well actually, he was a wang so I guess that doesn't matter anyway
I still have mine too, and I'm 22- I got mine when I was 17
I usually forget that I even have it, I haven't changed it in awhile, since it matches my swimsuit in the summer, well, actually now that I got a new suit I suppose I have to get a new ring.... damn. I hate changing it!!

I've thought about taking mine out too-but I've done that before and it looks so weird without it in there!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just so you know Natalie, I went in search of a smiley waving a little flag in the smiling collection so I could tell you I was waving my freak flag just for you. Alas, we don't have one...

Oh Wyyyyaaaannnnn?! We need a freak flag smiley.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if it makes any of you feel better, I still have my naval piercing, and my n*pple rings too, among several others...and I turn 29 this year! I still get carded when I go to R-rated movies occassionally, and always when I buy smokes...people always tell me I look too young to be a teacher.
I'm leaving my piercings in as long as I want...they keep me young, and it's all a state of mind anyway.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Well, if it makes any of you feel better, I still have my naval piercing, and my n*pple rings too, among several others...and I turn 29 this year! I still get carded when I go to R-rated movies occassionally, and always when I buy smokes...people always tell me I look too young to be a teacher.
I'm leaving my piercings in as long as I want...they keep me young, and it's all a state of mind anyway.
I agree with you! I know a woman in her early to mid 30's who still wears her belly button ring proudly...she looks great in her 2 piece by the way...still turns alot of heads. I think your age is 'just a number' as they say...you're as young (or as old) as you feel.

Hilda >^..^<