The College Football Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, it's actually my fault!
A minute after I posted the score, UGA scored the first TD. I jinxed it!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OSU beat PSU 28-6. Morelli (PSU) threw 2 INT's that were returned for TD's.
Earlier in the game Coach Paterno left the field because he had to go to the bathroom.
I never seen that before!

BTW, good game going on in Arkansas. They are tied in double OT.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Purdue beat Minnesota 27-21. Honestly, we've been really lucky because our defense needs a LOT of work. *shakes her head* 4-0.

Here's the top 5 in the Big 10 standings as of yesterday:

TEAM\tCONF. W-L\tOVERALL W-L
Michigan\t 1-0\t 4-0
Ohio State\t1-0\t 4-0
Iowa\t 1-0\t 4-0
Purdue\t 1-0\t 4-0
Michigan State\t0-0\t 3-1

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

BTW, good game going on in Arkansas. They are tied in double OT.
I'm not sure whether I would classify it as a good game. My heart stopped a few times and I had to leave the room twice during the OTs!
It wasn't pretty, but we won. We have a bye week next weekend then we play Auburn... that really won't be pretty.

Go Hogs!

Woo! Pig! Sooie!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So do you all LIKE or DISLIKE the overtime rules for college? Of course I'm old
so I remember the way they used to do it. It seems like a spelling bee to me the way they do it now...

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That ND/MSU game was a classic! Michigan State was beating the crap out of Notre Dame and they let them get back in the game and win it! I can't believe Michigan State choked! The MSU head coach reminded me of Larry Coker,
no halftime adjustments!

I like the overtime rules, it gives both team a chance to win the game. I do LOVE the rules after the second overtime.... you know going for 2 after every TD instead of kicking the extra point. I remember seeing a game a few years ago that went to 7 OT.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

I'm not sure whether I would classify it as a good game. My heart stopped a few times and I had to leave the room twice during the OTs!
It wasn't pretty, but we won. We have a bye week next weekend then we play Auburn... that really won't be pretty.

Go Hogs!

Woo! Pig! Sooie!
It was a good game and I was rooting for Arkansas. I was laughing when the Alabama kicker missed the extra point in the 2 OT.

I remember that feeling of chest pain, being nervous, and not eating before or during the game.
I haven't felt that way this year but that's because we suck!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

So do you all LIKE or DISLIKE the overtime rules for college? Of course I'm old
so I remember the way they used to do it. It seems like a spelling bee to me the way they do it now...
I like the overtime rules in college. Arkansas has the two longest overtimes in NCAA history (under the new format) I believe. We went to 7 overtimes when Matt Jones was playing. I think our OT record overall is something like 6-1.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually like the OT rules.
However, it IS stressful to watch. I remember being at a couple of Purdue games and them going into OT. Nerve racking was only scratching the surface. Add either really cold or really hot weather and then it's just mean, lol.

Our game against Miami (OH) went into overtime and that was an excellent game. I didn't have a voice for a week, but it was a great game!

We play ND at ND this Saturday. We weren't able to score tickets, but I'll be sure to try and watch as much as I can.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miami plays Houston tomorrow. I heard that there's going to be a plane flying over the Orange Bowl (during the game) with a banner that will say FIRE COKER. To be honest I don't like the idea of the banner.
I can't believe that ESPN picked it up, looks like they read the canes forum.
Anyways we should win tomorrow.

There are 2 big games for Sat.
GT @ VT
OSU @ Iowa

Who is your team playing?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a favorite favorite, I kinda follow several teams cause good friends or family members do. LSU, Iowa, and "The U"...

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We won 14-13. It was an ugly win...... I really don't like the way with this team is playing. We were favorite by 16 points and we only won by 1 point!
Larry Coker needs to go, we are struggling to beat the cupcake teams. Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech are going to kill us when we play them. (maybe even Boston College)

Before the game 3 planes flew over the stadium with banners that said "UM players and fans deserve better - Fire Coker now" There was another one that said "Larry deserves a contract extension"

It was nice to see Virginia Tech go down today. Georgia Tech is a good team, I'm so not looking forward to playing them in a few weeks.

So how did your team do today?

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NC St beat #17 FSU last night 24-20! Miami and FSU are bad this year!

Miami plays North Carolina this week. We should win this game, but the way we been playing lately it's going to be a close game.

Here's a list of the big games this week

#7 Texas @ #14 Oklahoma
#9 LSU @ #5 UF
#13 UT @ #10 UGA
#11 Oregon @ #16 Cal

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

NC St beat #17 FSU last night 24-20! Miami and FSU are bad this year!

Miami plays North Carolina this week. We should win this game, but the way we been playing lately it's going to be a close game.

Here's a list of the big games this week

#7 Texas @ #14 Oklahoma
#9 LSU @ #5 UF
#13 UT @ #10 UGA
#11 Oregon @ #16 Cal
You left out #2 Auburn vs. Arkansas (CBS 11:30 Central). That's OK though...we will not likely win. Our defensive coordinator actually said this week "We have to play hard and hope they (Auburn) screw up. God bless us all." That's pretty much the worst thing I've ever heard a COACH say.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to the KY game tonight we play South Carolina, we have never beat a Spurrier team and probably still won't! We need all the help we can get!!!

Funny...when spurrier went to the NFL and coached my Redskins EVERYONE Beat us!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just can't wait for the Ohio State - Michigan game next Saturday....