The College Football thread

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canes are #3 in the BCS
While I was away (thanks to Wilma) my canes beat the chokies, Marcus was running for his life.
All the canes have to do now is win out, and they will face FSU in the ACC Championship game.

Go Canes!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love how UCF has managed to make one of the biggest turn arounds in college football history. Go from a no win season to being #1 in their division! If we win our game this Saturday we'll be in the conference championship and then a bowl game!!!!!! Apparently we've gone from being in the Bottom 10 in the nation to #35! The Knights have so much heart! GO KNIGHTS, GO!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't forget USF, if they win out they can win the Big East. I think they have a good chance to do it. I remember when the Big 3 was UM, FSU, and UF. Now the top three teams in Florida are UM, USF and UCF.

I'm not really looking foward to the FSU, UF game. Both teams are not playing good football.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Don't forget USF, if they win out they can win the Big East. I think they have a good chance to do it.

They have to get past the Mountaineers first.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How 'bout those Cal Bears? I worked the game today, and they soundly whooped their rival Stanford! We still have the AXE!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who's ready for the Backyard Brawl!!! WVU takes on Pitt at a sold out Mountaineer Field Thursday November 24th. Eat some turkey and turn on ESPN at 8pm. Just the way Mountaineer Football should be played at night under the lights.

Let's Goooooooo Mountaineers!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WVU Beat Pitt!!!!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UT beat A&M (Texas teams) again yesterday...I don't know how I feel about it to tell you the truth. I have different parts of the family routing for both teams...hard call...but I've always been an A&M fan, sooooo I am still going for A&M next year
Go Aggies!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WVU ARE THE BIG EAST CHAMPS..... BCS HERE WE COME
Thank's UCONN for beating Southren Florida!!!!!

Quick someone come up with a huge excuse for me to skip out of work and go to the game!!!

Let's Goooooooooo Mountaineers!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Limerick always has his scarf on. My little Mountaineer fan

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Grambling and Southern play at Reliant this weekend, what a great game. It was a great battle of the bands too!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

We had Grambling and Southern play at Reliant this weekend, what a great game. It was a great battle of the bands too!
Call me old fashion but I don't like those syle of bands. I'm a huge drum corps fan and love drum corps style bands and colorguards.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

Call me old fashion but I don't like those syle of bands. I'm a huge drum corps fan and love drum corps style bands and colorguards.
Same here. I was in band for 7 years and in colorguard for two. I don't really like them either, but it sure was a sight to see.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
West Virginia's Sugar Bowl Bound!!! It's in Atlanta this year,and I really want to go!!! But I have to work (boo, hiss, boo). If I did go I would have to choose between seeing my fiance and go to the game. Hmm let me think...... I was in Atlanta in 2000 for the Peach Bowl when I was a senior in high school. Soo....seeing my honey it is!
I have class anyway. Maybe I can get my professor to cancel class that night, or at least let us out early.
haha

Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Same here. I was in band for 7 years and in colorguard for two. I don't really like them either, but it sure was a sight to see.
I marched colorguard for 8 years, 4 in WVU's Marching Band. I am itching to start teaching guard. If I wouldn't have moved home I wuold have been working with WVU, and a few high schools around Morgantown. But I have come connections here, hopfully I'll be able to start working with my old high school.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

West Virginia's Sugar Bowl Bound!!! It's in Atlanta this year,and I really want to go!!! But I have to work (boo, hiss, boo). If I did go I would have to choose between seeing my fiance and go to the game. Hmm let me think...... I was in Atlanta in 2000 for the Peach Bowl when I was a senior in high school. Soo....seeing my honey it is!
I have class anyway. Maybe I can get my professor to cancel class that night, or at least let us out early.
haha

Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!!!!
I am sad that West Virginia beat USF last week, but we had shot ourselves in the foot and wrecked our Sugar Bowl chances with UConn the week prior.

We do, however, get to go to OUR FIRST BOWL EVER! The Meineke Bowl in Charlotte on New Year's Eve day, and my tickets are purchased!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canes are going to the Peach Bowl.
The canes did it to themselves, for thinking of the ACC championship game instead of the GT game. I can't believe VT lost to FSU, FSU is the worst team in a BCS bowl game.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Canes are going to the Peach Bowl.
The canes did it to themselves, for thinking of the ACC championship game instead of the GT game. I can't believe VT lost to FSU, FSU is the worst team in a BCS bowl game.
I don't like FSU but I'm soo happy that they beat VT. VT doesn't deserve to go to a bowl period the they acted or Vick acted during the WVU game. He flicked off the crowd, hit a WVU assistant couch, and was being the cocky idiot he is. If he was at WVU he would have been asked to sit for a game at least. (Chris Henry anyone). At least FSU and Miami plays with class..... I don't think Tech knows the meaning of the word.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I am sad that West Virginia beat USF last week, but we had shot ourselves in the foot and wrecked our Sugar Bowl chances with UConn the week prior.

We do, however, get to go to OUR FIRST BOWL EVER! The Meineke Bowl in Charlotte on New Year's Eve day, and my tickets are purchased!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!
That is so cool! I'm really proud of USF. My mom is a USF alum, so I'll have to make sure she watches the bowl.

BTW....How 'bout them DAWGS????