The Beijing Death Camps

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will certainly not watch the Olympics.
I could not read any of the articles. I can't have the images burned in my memory.
Once I saw an image of a baby girl laying in the gutter dead in China. She had been left there to die because of the one child rule. People just passed the body by. I was so disturbed and the image is burned in my mind.
It is all about dignity and grace. Animals should be given dignity in death as they should in life.
I can't believe that they can't find a solution better than this.
I will boycott corporate products. As it is I avoid made in China products, I buy my food from local farmers and producers and I never shop at Walmart.
My heart is heavy for those poor cat souls unfortunate enough to be born in China.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The image of a poor China, who has to reduce the population of feral cats however it can is just a lie. China is incredibly wealthy, perhaps not the average family, but the government, who would finance decent shelters etc is fantastically rich! They've had to buy american money and bank shares to appear less wealthy than they are!
Which is why no political figure speaks out against China on any issue, be it feral cats or Tibetans. Heck, China was barely condemned for Tiananmen square!
I swear we've been to war with other countries for lesser human rights abuses than those china has committed. The world supports Kosovo, but not Tibet.

This went on a bit of a tangent but my point was that if we can't even expect China to treat human beings with decency, what hope is their for those poor suffering cats?

It makes me ashamed to be part Chinese.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

This went on a bit of a tangent but my point was that if we can't even expect China to treat human beings with decency, what hope is their for those poor suffering cats?
I have been confused about what I hear on the news about the fact that we owe a huge financial debt to China.

The US politicians and their corporate media don't clarify how this is possible for such a poor country.

Thank you for sharing your insight about this issue.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont like this one bit for many reasons, like for one I dont like them killing innocent cats and spreading rumors about how they are a threat by being diseased. But besides signing a petition and spreading awareness about this, unless you actually live in China and refuse to participate in this, there is little we can do here. And only if you are a participant in the Olympics can you protest and be heard and refuse to participate, though you can kiss your dream goodbye of being in it again probably after.

I wont and some of my family wont buy fur because we've seen where it comes from, but we dont NEED to wear fur anyway, cotton is fine for me!

But honestly, telling them this is wrong is like India telling the U.S. and other counties to stop killing and eating cows because it's wrong (because to them cows are sacred). It's like crossing a boundry not meant to be crossed,they'll never listen it's there country not ours.

Then comes the "silly" things i've read over this.

Not eating at a Chinese food place is just ridiculous even for cat lovers! Like for example, the Chinese people who live here in the U.S. really have nothing to do with what is happening in China, not eating at there restaraunts here just shows you have a thing against Chinese people then, which is racism and just as wrong. There not serving cat stew as a dish am I right, so what did they do wrong?

And not watching the Olympics will have no effect either, thats just silly talk. You can refuse to watch it, but that will only be like your own protest. You can refuse to buy Olympic merchandise though.

Not buying items made in China is ok as a "protest" I guess since then you wont support people living in China, but how long will it be before you or a family member buys something made in China, there are thousands of items from China delivered here.

And you must remember, not everyone in China is killing these cats, if they are it's probably because they fear for there own lives if they are caught helping cats, you know how China is very strict! Not everyone is bad there, im sure many people there even hate this, but there's only so much they can do without putting there own lives or family lives in danger.

Thats all I have to say.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

Then comes the "silly" things i've read over this.

Not eating at a Chinese food place is just ridiculous even for cat lovers!.

And not watching the Olympics will have no effect either, thats just silly talk.
Silly to you it may be, and that's your right to have your own opinion just as it is for us who choose not to eat at their restaurants etc..where some of the profits will be going back to their families in China.
Originally Posted by keith p

And you must remember, not everyone in China is killing these cats.
Yes, i think were fully aware that not everyone is tarred with the same brush, so if their too scared to speak up for the animals then someone else has to try and do it for them

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yes, i think were fully aware that not everyone is tarred with the same brush, so if their too scared to speak up for the animals then someone else has to try and do it for them
Well said Susan.

cobbybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let's not forget the so called" Dying Rooms" where baby girls were left to die ,laid out in rows in cots, due to the one child rule. Boys were favoured so girls were simply left to die by parents longing for a boy. At least nowadays they can have an abortion if their unborn child is not the "right" sex. If they're
capable of treating their own kind like this it's no surprise the way they treat animals. Bears, tigers, monkeys etc are all used for entertainment purposes only and treated so inhumanely, they have no respect for animals at all.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
keithp-
Perhaps not watching the Olympics is silly to you but for me I feel as though it would be hypocritical to watch them knowing what I know. I don't protest because I think I alone am powerful enough to change the world. I protest because it does not fit my value system. Everyone who asks me if I watched will know why I did not watch. Then perhaps they tell someone else and so on. Maybe the word will get out to more and more people.

For me the fact is that they are doing this in preparation for the Olympics. They could have been implementing humane strategies 6 years ago when they knew that they would be hosting the Olympics. I don't understand at all why China should be hosting a game based on Good will between nations given their horrible history of violence and tyranny.

I was so happy when protesters snuffed out the flame not once but twice! Good. Lets me know that others are upset too. In all my 30 plus years I have never heard of the 'eternal' flame being snuffed on purpose.

I still eat at my Chinese restaurant which happens to be run by a lovely couple who left China for those very same reasons. I know all Chinese people are not inhumane or animal haters.

My pet store no longer carries items made in China. Guess what? The owner is Chinese too. He proudly displays photos of his cats and dogs on the walls. But like me he is doing his part. He is doing what he can do.

I worked very hard for my money and I will spend it in ways and places that I can feel good supporting.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

Everyone who asks me if I watched will know why I did not watch. Then perhaps they tell someone else and so on. Maybe the word will get out to more and more people.
Exactly
If we just sit back with the attitude that theres not many of us to fight this so what's the point?, but it's a known fact that things can happen through word and mouth.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is horrible!!!!
Not only are the people treated badly but the cats too! China is one horrible death camp for everyone and everything living there, until the government can step up and do something productive for their people, I think it will always be this way!!!!!

beijingcity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
poor cats !!! it'is terrible.. how is it posible? for sure the chinese governement don't care a lot for the rights. all the right. the men's rights, the children's rights, the civil and human rights.So ... an other time.. why China was chosen for the Olympics Game.. why? All the peeple know very well the situation but it is not so important for them..

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed that Italy is your home base....
Have you lived in Beijing?
If you could give us some insight as to why it's citizens don't seem to care that their leaders appear heartless to the rest of the world, I would really appreciate it.

I think that money is the motivation...
It sure is in the USA right now.

Follow the money......

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Have you lived in Beijing?
If you could give us some insight as to why it's citizens don't seem to care that their leaders appear heartless to the rest of the world, I would really appreciate it.
I would love to know your thoughts as well

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I noticed this thread, and am similarly disgusted and angry at China's treatment of animals. I have started a new thread yesterday regarding the atrocities of bear bile farming, a horribly cruel industry which is flourishing in China. I have copied my original post into this thread as well because it is absolutely ESSENTIAL that as many concerned animal-lovers know about this horrific industry and the endless, needless suffering thousands of Moon Bears (Asiatic Black Bears) go through in China. AnimalsAsia is an organisation which has devoted itself to saving these Moon Bears from farms in China and Vietnam. They are making progress slowly but surely, but thousands of bears are still suffering in the farms. AnimalsAsia are fighting to release as many as they can by leveraging on the policitical pressure put on China due to the coming Beijing Olympics.

Sorry for hogging this thread!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163976

To end off, I leave you with a paragraph which I have copied from the AAF website detailing the arrival of the first 63 bears released to the AAF in December 2000.

"As they arrive on trucks in rusting cages, with ages ranging from cubs to middle and old aged, our senses reel as we look in horror at dull, miserable eyes and smell the stench of rot and decay from infected and pain wracked bodies.

But as we offer them fruit through the bars of the cage, they gently purse their lips and take them slowly from our fingers. Our emotions range from elation that they will now receive only kindness, to anger that they have been so cruelly abused for something so easily replaced with herbs. Our greatest consolation is that the authorities have closed the farms so that no more bears will ever take their place."

Many more bears are imprisoned in their metal cages, doomed to face a lifetime of sorrow and pain if we humans don't do anything to save them. Once again, I urge you to look through the website and, at least, spread the word.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's not just stop at feeling sorry for the plight of these poor majestic creatures whose life has been turned into living hell by profit/greed-driven farmers.

Humans are responsible for their needless suffering, and as an enlightened group of the species, we need to do something to ensure that as many bears as possible are rescued to enjoy the rest of their lives sniffing fresh air, basking in sunshine, playing with their own kind, relishing delicious food and fresh water and enjoying the care of these great people at Animals Asia!

Help to spread the word and educate the people around you through all that you have learnt from these websites: www.animalsasia.org and www.animalsasia.org/blog, or if you have the means, donate to them. Every cent counts!

These bears are counting on us to free them from those horrible tiny cages and disgustingly cruel barbaric PAINFUL procedures they suffer every single day.