Tenth litter

redred122

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My outdoor cat just had her 10th littler in like a couple of years!!
7 each littler!!
I nevr see any of the other kittens?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You mean, she delivers 7, some die, and when 8+ weeks, the remaining alive disappear, you "never" see them?

And you dont really know where they go?

I imagine most dies off. Some of the stronger wander on as semiferales.  Someone who is friendly by herself, tries to please herself in somewhere, till she succeeds.

May I ask, why didnt you spay her?  It cant be healthy for her, to have so many litters in just a few years.

And the world doesnt need so many new homeless, semiferales cats either.

Even if  one or two surely got a home adopted by someone.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing :(. I've found that farm cats usually die after their 10th litter, it's so hard on their bodies to be pregnant all the time. I hope you'll have her spayed so she can live a long and healthy life.

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is unbelievable. And it's something you are proud of? 

Please, spay her as soon as possible. She is at such a high risk of cancer and pyometra. As Willowy said it's too much wear on her body to be pregnant all the time. And, be sure you spay and neuter each of her kittens and find good homes for them. Otherwise, they are going to be killed by predators or, start reproducing with each other, starting a feral colony that is going to be very difficult to maintain. 

Finally, remember that TCS is a pro spay and neuter community. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of the site: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/247178/pregnant-cats-kittens-forum-code-of-conduct-read-before-you-post. In particular, please read this letter from the site owner so that you understand why you are getting the responses that you are: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/257546/...-of-thecatsite-com-to-owners-of-pregnant-cats 

You are going to be hard pressed to find anyone here cheering on this "accomplishment." Please do what is right by your girl and have her fixed! 

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That equates to 70 kittens born and then gone? That is a lot of pain and suffering, plus the ones that survive go on to have more babies. There are mobile clinics in many states that fix cats at a reduced rate. I know here they do it free a few times a year. Many humane societies give coupons for free fixing with vaccinations. It would be worth checking into for her so she can live comfortably from now on.

Even if she is a farm cat or stray you care for it is your duty to protect her and all those litters will burn her out. She could have complications that would cost far more than getting fixed and could cost her life.

I'm not sure what spaying costs where you are located but here it is $35 and that is without a coupon or deal. If you give us a general area where you reside we might be able to help you find a vet or shelter that spays at a reduced price.

Please know that I mean no disrespect to you as I know not why your cat has had so many litters and why the kittens are vanishing. It's not my intention to judge you or your choices, I just wish to give advice on what's best like the others have done.

A stray I took in a few weeks ago had a litter of 6 kittens on Friday and it broke my heart as I watched her go through labor, she looks like she's only a year old and had to go through that already. I don't know where she came from or how she became a stray but I can't let her have more kittens, so many things can go wrong.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I'm not sure the OP meant to say this as if they were PROUD the poor cat has had so many litters.   

It is possible that redred is not even an adult and thus not the one in his/her family making decisions about spaying a barn cat or stray they are fond of and worried about her.   

Redred,  if you are still around,  I hope you might be able to find a low-cost spay/ neuter clinic and find a way to get this kitty there to be spayed she will not keep having to go through more and more pregnancies , then having the kittens die off ( or who knows what might happen to them  ) . 

it would be healthier for her if she could get spayed. 

If you are in the U.S. ,  the ASPCA has an online database.  http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/spayneuter

Or here is a hotline number [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]that will find you a low cost clinic in your area  1-800-248-7729  [/color]   ( Franksmom just posted this for someone on another thread,  and that poster called it and they were able to help him find some options at good prices.)   

If you are in another country,  try searching for  low cost spay  and your area.   or call an animal rescue centre   / shelter and ask if they know of anywhere that will do a spay for cheaper. 

Some of the low cost clinics in the U.S. are  very low cost , some even as low as $20.    and even if you are a kid,  you might be able to use pocket money or earn some money enough to pay it.    Or maybe you could ask a family member if they could help get the cat spayed   instead of getting a present for your next birthday or holiday where you might ordinarily receive a gift.   That would show you are very serious about wanting to help her. (  you might still get a present anyway,   but if not,  it would be worth it that you might save this cat and stop more kittens from suffering.  )