Tell Me About Your Cat's Bratty Antics

kc&sherman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is such a cute thread!!

Well, KC can get kinda creepy. He'll just sit and stare at you; and when you look at him he looks away. He'll also steal the kitten chow from Sherm - I'm going to be so excited the day he graduates to adult food.

Neither of my cats have ever been shoulder riders.
I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. From the stories you people tell I wouldn't want one!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I let Tiger on the porch and it's time to come in he will walk about 5 feet and drop like a wet noodle and meow like he's dying until you pick him up and carry him inside... he's not pampered at all

Reilly does this weird staring thing... it's VERY creepy.. even when you look at her she's still staring.. What scares me is when you look in her eyes, it looks like nobody's home
Her sister Lily used to do the same thing... Sit RIGHT in front of the monitor and stare

See? No expression at all... in other words "The lights on but nobody's home"... Still freaks me out!

Kinda makes me scared to sleep at night...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia is a brat.

We're starting to pack for a move, and in the process found her favorite thing in the whole wide world...black silk rose buds (which, BTW, I have not been able to find in about 5 years, and she's only 6!). I used to have a bunch of black and burgandy rose arrangements, with the rose buds - most got destroyed when the little girl would pick off the black - not the burgandy - buds.

Anyway, so I toss it, and she runs after it pounces and being real cute.
But then she lost it under the fridge! So being the doting Meowmy I am, I find something suitable to dig stuff out from under the fridge to find her precious rose bud, since she had been trying for about 5 minutes to get it out. I dig and dig and find 18 sparkle balls, one Kurly-Que, 2 bottle caps, numerous twist ties, and a lot of dust bunnies
but no rose bud!
Oh yeah, and she's still checking back the entire time as if to ask where her rose is. But when I'm just about to give up, I look toward the bedroom....and the rose is sitting right there.
I think she got it out while I was finding something to dig with. What else she thought I would find, I have no clue!

jazmynn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol. Mine's kinda more jealousy than antics, but I feed them, I pamper them, I love them, I play with them and they sleep with daddy. Don't know why. But for my fiance it drives him crazy when both girls lick his armpits then sleep in them! lol

They also like to type. alot. lol.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Emily is the brattiest of them all. She is constantly knocking things over. She lays on my head at night, and purrs really loud and kneads in my hair. I toss her off (gently of course) and she keeps coming back. Every time I toss her, she yells at me like it's my fault. When I say "Emily!" she crouches down but continues to do whatever it is she was doing wrong. Plus she play bites. She's 5 years old...Naughty kitty....

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Moofis the most brattish of my lot !
When she wants to go out and we havent noticed, she jumps onto sideboards etc and pushes things onto the floor, so they make a noise when they land.
Except not very nice when its your best Swarovski figurine, and the legs break off

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These are all so funny!

Toulouse and Kanoe both like to walk across my keyboard... generally changing the configuration (ie: caps lock and someother weird stuff) while they're at it.

Toulouse jumps into fh's chair whenever he's been sitting there and then gets up for a minute.

Captain isn't usually bad except when he wants to go out and then he digs at the carpet in front of the door... *sigh* and we're moving too.... bye bye deposit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Miss Moofis the most brattish of my lot !
When she wants to go out and we havent noticed, she jumps onto sideboards etc and pushes things onto the floor, so they make a noise when they land.
Except not very nice when its your best Swarovski figurine, and the legs break off
LOL. Pudge has begun waking me in the mornings. Usually at about 8am, but recently, she's been testing the boundaries of how early she can attempt getting me out of bed (usually 4-5am. That hag.><).

She does her normal routine of chirping and walking up my body, curling up on my nose and mouth, and meowing. If she doesn't succeed with that, she climbs atop the bottom the bottom sill of the window next to the bed (usually with the noise of claws on glass...ouch) and jumps down as close to my head as possible (after meowing, of course).

I'm afraid of what she'll try next.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

These are all so funny!

Toulouse and Kanoe both like to walk across my keyboard... generally changing the configuration (ie: caps lock and someother weird stuff) while they're at it.
Would you believe it took me a week to figure out that Tiger hit the "insert" key on the keyboard and it will delete things when you hit the space bar? I had NO clue what he did! I was like "OMG I have a virus in my MS Word.. My WHOLE book is gonna disappear" Then finally one day I happen to hit it and it stopped..... duh me

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always dry my clothes on one of those gullwing wire racks that you hang the clothing on to dry...Well Trout loves to jump and play on it which causes it to bend up pretty good, not to mention alot of holes from her claws in my clothes..

Last night I forgot to close the bedroom door, and when I woke up the rack was all bent up from her little furry body weight laying on it AND my clothes are full of little claw holes

Little brat.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phenom lays on my chest with her head on my shoulder and kneads me with her claws. She also plays with any ties or anyhting on my shirts until they are shreaded and she likes to lay on the remote to the tv and dares you to take it back!!
Silly cat!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats reminded me of Dino´s latest antic, well its really my fault, but he sits on my mobile phone !
Of course I cant find it, havent got a clue where I put the thing, so....................have to ring it to locate it................poor Dino
jumps right outta his fur ! !

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna will sit in front of my computer screen if I've been in front of it and she wants attention.

Whitey will cry and cry if he wants to play. He's weird about it though. He'll walk out of the room first and then start crying.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm let's see, Simon in very possessive of me and if someone is over, he even did this to my Dad!, Sime sits on my lap, as close as he can to me and gives the offending party the stare down, and I believe someone on here said something about Siamese mind control? Well Simon is thinking evil evil thoughts
He also likes to steal bread at every opportunity

Sapphire is very clumsy and knocks everything off of every surface as she walks by, at least I think its acccidental

Pandora like to play with the mini-blind cords, and Antigone likes to hop up on top of the rat cage and scare their pants off

As far as my newbies, they haven't been too bad yet, other than regular kitten antics, although Zeus like to play with my hair when its down and will scratch my back to bits! Demeter likes to eat the dog food
and Ismene is an accomplished feet under the covers attacker.
Medusa is still in hiding so I haven't seen her do anything bad... yet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Whitey will cry and cry if he wants to play. He's weird about it though. He'll walk out of the room first and then start crying.
Pudge does this as well. I'll look up to see her staring at me intently. If I turn back away, she'll meow again.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch is somehow able to reboot our computer. We don't know how he does this, but he'll be standing on the keyboard and we will hear a beep then see the windows screen.

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Layla is one big brat sometimes, but then again I've spoiled her to be that way.

One of the things she likes to do is act like she's gonna pounce on me.
She gets in the postion rushes at me and then stops mid-way yowling at me as if she's saying, "Hey, why you let me do that!"
She does that w/everyone. Normally I just walks off and then follows me demanding I come back.
She also demands that I find her toys when she looses them and half the time she's sitting on them. lol3: