TCS will soon have a new member...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Just caught the thread. WOW!! Not just 1 but 3 red female poly's in one litter! That has got to be the cutest litter that I've ever seen!!

Don't be afraid to nudge the foster mom and the agency. People that do rescue are not always the most organized - they are in it because they love animals, not because they are organized. Offering to take on the responsibilities for caring for the kitten shows them that you are a good kitty mom and they always like that. On the other hand, some foster moms, particularly those that have multiple litters of kittens (as you indicated) are the overly-motherly types and have trouble letting go. Keep pushing them and let them know that you know what you are doing!

I can't wait to see pictures - please get your camera fixed!!
Brian actually suggested that maybe one reason that this woman fosters is because she loves having kittens around and that she's hogging all the cute kitten time...

And no worries. We bought a new camera and according to Amazon it has shipped and is on its way.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Brian actually suggested that maybe one reason that this woman fosters is because she loves having kittens around and that she's hogging all the cute kitten time...

And no worries. We bought a new camera and according to Amazon it has shipped and is on its way.
The woman at our humane society that fosters all the kittens and puppies gets really possessive of them. Not that she doesn't want to adopt them out, she's just so mom-like that she's worried that someone else isn't going to care for them as well as she will. Therefore she doesn't release them until they are healthy. She fostered both of our dogs and we had to do a little wrestling with her to get them from her. She still calls 3 years later to keep up on them.

Send her a picture of the new kittens room - set up, toys and beds. She'll be happy to hear that you are totally prepared to adopt!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That stinks that you're still waiting for your baby.
Your email is perfect.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Send her a picture of the new kittens room - set up, toys and beds. She'll be happy to hear that you are totally prepared to adopt!!
Oh thats a great idea.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No news back from her today? I'd be calling her for sure if you don't hear back by tomorrow! This is insane!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

No news back from her today? I'd be calling her for sure if you don't hear back by tomorrow! This is insane!
No return email yet. Actually the last time I emailed her (before this one) she didn't reply and it took BRIAN emailing her before she called us at home. In the words of Natalie...

:censor::censor::censor::censor:.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that this is nuts!! I can understand not hearing back from her for awhile, but how long has it been since you were approved? If they had a URI, then is typically only takes 2 weeks of meds....

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No reply email yet, and I called her phone around lunch and left a voicemail saying that I was following up on the email that I sent... No return call either.

Do you think I should give up guys? Has she changed her mind about giving us the kitten? Is she just super busy? Are/were the kittens really THAT sick? Should I start looking for another cat to adopt?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I havn't read all of the thread, just your last post and some earlier ones, but have you called the adoption agency? Maybe you'll have better luck with them? I'd be getting a little upset by now not hearing from them!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't give up! Seriously, if she changed her mind, you should be notified. I second the suggestion of calling &/or e-mailing the adoption agency. I could understand the foster mom being busy, but all it takes is 1 minute to drop you a quick e-mail. This is starting to get really fishy!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would stick to this kitty - but I do know how frustrating it can be...they probably have to be checked out by the vet before they can be released or something, and she hasn't made the appointment...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't give up Emily- I know how much you want this little girl
Maybe try calling her tomorrow morning or afternoon, not around lunch when you know she should be around?

If you don't hear from her by tomorrow, I'd definately try calling her again and tell her that you need to know whats going on. This is starting to sound really weird. I'm sorry hun

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only number I have for her sends me to an insurance agency which is also the number for the adoption agency as well... At the end of the insurance spiel it says, "Don't worry, if you're calling about cats or kitties you have the right place."

I think maybe she's a head person in the agency? I don't know. I hope she emails me soon.

And I know its not a matter of just needing them to go to the vet. They've been and have been tested for everything already and are up to date with shots. They're all even supposed to be altered at this point.

I'm going home for the day.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't give up. I'd be hellbent on getting my kitten, especially after wating for s o l o n g.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know what to tell you dear hope you get your kitten soon.
from me and
from Tavia till then.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate to ask this, but is this a reputable adoption agency? You seem to have been given the run-around....although they might just be that busy...hopefully they've got a lot of adoptions!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I hate to ask this, but is this a reputable adoption agency? You seem to have been given the run-around....although they might just be that busy...hopefully they've got a lot of adoptions!
I found them on Petfinder, and they have a fairly in-depth website. Since I've discussed some fairly detailed info here I don't feel comfortable telling you the name, but if you want to look PM me.