TCS Spotlight Member for 7/11 - 7/18: Is RicaLynn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are the stupidest things that you have done.

Drunk

Sober

Stoned

Married

Single

At home

In public

With a friend

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SillyJilly said:
Do you like to do crafts? If so what kinds? I have done cross-stitch quite a bit, and I have a project that I have to complete for my mom
I also am learning to quilt, with the help of my "other mother," my best friend's mom who owns a fabric/quilting shop.

When was the last time you went to the dentist? March 23, 2004 - had three fillings and I'm well overdue for an exam, but it'll have to wait until fall.

How many siblings do you have? None, I'm a lonely only!
Would you wear a clown costume for someone's birthday? For any of my friends' kids, absosmurfly!

How many do you own:
pairs of socks? haven't the foggiest, but probably more than 30
pairs of sunglasses? two, one for bright sun and one for overcast/driving
bottles of shampoo? One liter pump and a couple little travel sizes
hair tyes? not a clue as to how many are packed away
CD's? about 120
watches? five or so
shoes? less than 20, unless you include the ones I'm likely to keep from mom's closet
telephones? one cordless for land line, one cell phone

Do you have:
your wisdom teeth? nope, had all four pulled at 19
your tonsils? yep, never had any problems with 'em (knock on wood!)
purple socks?NO!!!!! purple and I do not get along
a blue toothbrush?
*looks in medicine cabinet for the hidden camera*
floss? no, but I'm sure I'll hear about that when I go for that exam. . .
surround sound? Mitsubishi receiver w/Dolby Digital, THX, 5.1 you bet your @$$ I have surround sound now I just have to get it hooked up. . .
an air conditioner? nope, but thankfully here I rarely need one
hotdogs in your fridge? ew, no.
a deck of cards and a set of dice? several of each - I have a Bunco kit w/all the necessary dice and many many many decks of cards, poker and pinochle (though I don't know how to play either)
toe socks? nope
leg warmers? not since I was eleven

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BigKittenDaddy said:
What are the stupidest things that you have done.

Drunk nearly been "taken advantage of" - thank god for good friends!!!!

Sober too many to choose from

Stoned never been, believe it or not. (have a couple friends who insist they be allowed to do the honors
. . .)

Married fallen for another man, briefly. Never had an affair, but really got distracted from my marriage; BIG factor in the breakup. NOw when I see a friend headed for trouble, I don't waste any time speaking up.

Single signed up for an online dating service. When it happens it'll happen, whether I'm putting all out there for all those pervs to see or not.

At home sliced my knuckles with a cheese plane - that takes talent!!!

In public don't remember anything right offhand

With a friend Ever heard of "turbo shots"?

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that anthing like shotgunning beers??
Same questions only now the Most Intelligent Thing

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, maybe BigDaddy - you mix a HUGE shot in a big glass or fishbowl, add a straw for each person, and race to see who can finish it off - cheap buzz, and if I'm not the bartender the drinks are pretty lousy. . .

Drunk walked out on a lousy grab-ass date. Dinner was great and he invited me back to watch a World Series game. Yeah, I shoulda known better, but it coulda turned out a LOT worse

Stoned N/A

Married Stood up for myself and told him I wouldn't tolerate being verbally abused.

Single negotiated for and purchased my first car all by myself!!

At home eliminated clutter 15 minutes at a time - I LOVE FLYLADY!!!!! :happy:

With a friend told her my deepest darkest secrets, knowing she'd love me anyway

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Do you like veges in your meat pies? Absosmurfly I do!!!!

How about pips in your jam??
uh, what are pips? seeds?? if so then no, I really don't like seeds in jam
pip - The small seed of a fruit, as that of an apple or orange.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1. You are at your favorite store in the mall. You are just browsing, but you see a shirt that you absolutley love(and it is on sale). It is the last one and as you walk up to it you notice it is the right size. It is your lucky day. You reach for it and grab it, but just as you do, another girl runs over to it and grabs it as well. You both clearly want it and you both have a hold of it. What happens next?

2. You are out at your favorite resturant eating. You recently learned that this particular resturant got the highest possible score from the health department just last week, which makes you happy since you eat there often. From the time you get there it is a horrible mess. There is something floating in your drink. You silverware looks used, the waiter has B.O., when you get your appetizer it is undercooked. You found a hair in your main dish. And to top things off, when you get your dessert, you find a gnat floating in the halfway melted ice cream.
What in the world do you do Erica?!?!

3. You are in the library and you go into the computer area to type up some reports. There is only one open computer so you pull up a chair, sit down, and get to work. A few minutes later, out of the corner of your eye, you notice a nude photo of a girl on the screen next to you. You give the guy a dirty look and ask if he can please close it, he shouldnt be looking at in there anyway and it bothers you. He says to you 'hold on a sec, i am posting a pic of my girlfriend on this website to get her back for cheating on me.' What do you do or say next?

4. Have a you enjoyed your week in the spotlight?

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. You are at your favorite store in the mall. You are just browsing, but you see a shirt that you absolutley love(and it is on sale). It is the last one and as you walk up to it you notice it is the right size. It is your lucky day. You reach for it and grab it, but just as you do, another girl runs over to it and grabs it as well. You both clearly want it and you both have a hold of it. What happens next? "surely this top is much too big for your petite frame?? And this shade isn't terribly flattering on you - you'd look much better in a nice plum or raspberry, to highlight your hair and bring out your eyes. . ."

2. You are out at your favorite resturant eating. You recently learned that this particular resturant got the highest possible score from the health department just last week, which makes you happy since you eat there often. From the time you get there it is a horrible mess. There is something floating in your drink. You silverware looks used, the waiter has B.O., when you get your appetizer it is undercooked. You found a hair in your main dish. And to top things off, when you get your dessert, you find a nat floating in the halfway melted ice cream.
What in the world do you do Erica?!?! first of all, I wouldn't have gotten past the appetizer before I asked to speak to the Manager, whom I would expect to cancel our main course and comp the "meal" before we were on our way. I would have also made a note to call the Health Dept the following morning and demand a surprise inspection THAT DAY, since obviously they've been getting tipped off.

3. You are in the library and you go into the computer area to type up some reports. There is only one open computer so you pull up a chair, sit down, and get to work. A few minutes later, out of the corner of your eye, you notice a nude photo of a girl on the screen next to you. You give the guy a dirty look and ask if he can please close it, he shouldnt be looking at in there anyway and it bothers you. He says to you 'hold on a sec, i am posting a pic of my girlfriend on this website to get her back for cheating on me.' What do you do or say next? Kinda tough for me to say, because it really doesn't bother me, unless there is some abuse depicted. - So I probably wouldn't have said anything in the first place.

4. Have a you enjoyed your week in the spotlight? I sure have - but I thought it was supposed to be HARD???? I guess I got off easy because Wyan was so hungove----- I mean, busy with batting practice!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

pip - The small seed of a fruit, as that of an apple or orange.
I just have to comment first.... PIP!! That is an adorable term
I love being on the board and hearing terms from around the world.

And now my question for you Erica.... don't you to??
(Love hearing the terms from around the world....)

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

I just have to comment first.... PIP!! That is an adorable term
I love being on the board and hearing terms from around the world.

And now my question for you Erica.... don't you to??
(Love hearing the terms from around the world....)
I do,I really do!!! I'm a bit of an Anglophile anyhow, so I really enjoy reading the posts from our UK and Aussie (and Kiwi, wouldn't forget ya!) TCS'ers. I do know a lot of the UK lingo, but I'm not afraid to ask if I get
confused.

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you ever just jump in your car, yell road trip and take off?

Did you ever see some guy and think to your self "I want to jump his bones" and just drag him off to bed?

What's the most expensive "Impulse Buy" you ever made?

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you ever just jump in your car, yell road trip and take off? Only when things were going very, very wrong. I drive to clear my head, but I never get too far - usually within an hour, and then I stop for some "retail therapy", get some dinner and head home for a good night's sleep. Now that I have SIX critters besides the fish, I doubt I'll have the luxury of a real road trip any time soon.

Did you ever see some guy and think to your self "I want to jump his bones" and just drag him off to bed? Only very rarely when I was married. I'm not nearly that impulsive in my dating life - I prefer to know someone well enough to have some idea of their sexual history before I fall into the sack, protection or no protection.

What's the most expensive "Impulse Buy" you ever made? Probably my cowboy boots, which weren't really an impulse buy so much as a $95 extravagance for my birthday (and no, I got them in TN, not here in MT)

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay Rice a Roni, I'll ask some questions before I go to bed.

1. Have you ever had Rice a Roni?

2. What is Rice a Roni like?

3. When was the last time you had fried balogna?

4. It's 3:30 in the morning, you're tired and you're really angry. Where are you? 4½. Why are you angry Erica... Why?

5. How many hours of sleep is ideal for you per night? 5½. How many hours do you actually get most of the time?

6. When was the last time you fantasized about a famous actor?
6½. Who was it?

7. Do you have a certain type of guy you go for? Describe that.

8. What kind of mischief do your kitties get into that makes you laugh?

9. What kind of mishief do your kitties get into that make you nervous?

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Have you ever had Rice a Roni?
Yes, many times (but YOU Wyan are the first person to associate it with my nickname - I associate it with being a poor college student. . .)

2. What is Rice a Roni like? SALTY!!!

3. When was the last time you had fried balogna? See #1 above. . .

4. It's 3:30 in the morning, you're tired and you're really angry. Where are you? 4½. Why are you angry Erica... Why? Is this what's called a projection? Why are YOU angry, Wyan?. . . Why? Could it be because thosestupidmosquitobitesstillitch.com/wishihadsomecalamine.html ???

5. How many hours of sleep is ideal for you per night? Seven solid hours is ideal for me - I wake up refreshed and can get on with my day! 5½. How many hours do you actually get most of the time? sometimes 5, sometimes I sleep in for 9 - stupid minor depression.

6. When was the last time you fantasized about a famous actor?
6½. Who was it? Actor? I don't really remember, tho George Clooney figured prominently in my daydreams a year or two ago.

7. Do you have a certain type of guy you go for? Describe that. If I had a certain type I went for I'd be dating right now!!!
OK seriously - I tend toward average height, athletic/average build, college educated (at least partially - sheepskin not required but he's got to have at least tried it), GSOH is a must - if he can't laugh, I'm not amused.

8. What kind of mischief do your kitties get into that makes you laugh? Bella has turned into quite the insect wrangler! Three nights in a row now she's come in with a moth in her mouth, and night before last it was SOOO big, I heard it buzzing when she came thru the door! She took a few minutes to select a place to put it down and end its misery, but it sure was fun to watch!

9. What kind of mishief do your kitties get into that make you nervous? Probably the stuff I don't see them get into outside. We have quite a few large-breed dogs in the neighborhood (a boxer and a GSD among them) whom I don't know well enough to know what their prey drive is like, and we also have coyotes and snakes in small numbers. Mom has lost two cats in the ten years she's been here, just disappeared, but that's still enough to make me nervous.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you ALL for grilling me, raking me over the coals and generally backing me into a corner with all of your questions! hehehe I truly have enjoyed it, and as much as you may have learned about me, I've been surprised to learn a few things about myself as well!! You guys totally ROCK!!

and BTW, I've selected the next interrogation victi -- I mean, Spotlight member, and I'll be announcing that name soon - get ready with those probing questions that you do so well, folks!!!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A'ight, y'all!!!! Last chance for questions before I hand over the reins this evening. Is there anything else you're just DYING to know, or have I been too much of an open book already???

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm this is more of a fwan or wyan type question... and maybe they aready asked....

Do you pick your nose??

Hey you asked for more questions...