TCS Member Spotlight 7/18-7/25: BETH!! (Ali012281)

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some more from me:

How did the drug screening go today?
Fine. lol I get results on Thursday. Not that there is anything to worry about. I was really shocked at how strick they are!!! You go in with a cup... they say 'do not flush, do not run the water' So you show them the cup. They take the temperature (they kept my handbag at the desk... cause its kinda big... right like I'm going to smuggle pee in).... then they tell you to go back into the bathroom and leave the door open, pour what is in the cup into a tube and seal it. Then you can wash your hands and flush and stuff. I have stage fright too... too much pressure to pee.

Post a picture of the contents of your purse. (please be sure to not show ID or credit card numbers!!!!)
Will do photo assignment in the am. Hubby is sleeping and cranky.
When you were a child did you paint by number? Oh yes. And I do it as an adult too... but with more complex pieces ha ha
Did you know pink is the new black and that pink is very popular with men now? I stand by that only Donald Trump can get away with pink
Knowing that, are you going to switch toothbrushes with hubby? Nah, his is kinda gross
Do you brush Meishka's teeth? If not do you think she would let you? Tried... so No and No. We have oral care food for her.
Are you excited that Rigel is OK after Emily? Yes!! I know how scarey hurricanes can be!!!
Do you regularly read threads in "Fur Pictures Only!"? I read them but I don't always reply
Shame on me. I just like looking sometimes.

Do you take lots of photos of Meishka? Too many... you'd think she was a real newborn
How many bottles of nail polish do you own? Right now 6
Do you still color in coloring books? Did that paint by numbers confession count?

Thanks SillyJilly!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great answers!!! And I know exactly what you mean with how strict they are. I've had to take them for a few places I've worked before... It was so bad the Pee Mobile pulls up and two go at a time!!! (A book mobile type of like RV) Some people do try to smuggle stuff though!!! Will have to think up more questions for you soon!

Silly Jilly

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, this time I am not waiting until the last day! so dear Beth...gosh I remember the day you joined! I was crazy about your siggie. Has it been a year and a 1/2? WOW!

So here's what I wanna know:

Do you prefer dawn or dusk and why? I do really like Dawn (not that I see it often cause I'm not a morning person) but the colors are just so lovely and the day is being born. You can't get much better than that. Makes me thankful to be alive.

What is the one thing in your life that caused the biggest epiphany for you? I think the biggest thing in my life to really stop and make me think was the night my grandma was killed. I had just talked to her the day before her wedding and then a week later she was dead. She was crossing the road and was hit. Losing someone so fast like that really made me think about life. It made me think about how I was treating myself and things I've done in the past. It reminded me that life is fragile and nothing is forever. I'm always letting my family how much I love them and need them. I tell my husband what a noble man he is doing the job that he does. I thanked my parents for doing the dirty and bringing me into the world. I reassured my mother (who always second guesses herself) that she did a good job raising me and I wouldn't change a single thing about my up bringing.

Losing her the way I did reminds me to enjoy life while I am here. Nothing is forever and all bad times will come to an end. Worrying is pointless because tomorrow is always a new day. (sleeping yet?)

If you could have 7 people from any time in history at your dinner table, who would they be? Edgar Allen Poe (cause I have tons of questions about what the heck he was writing about), JFK, Judy Garland, Sinatra, Dino (no not the cartoon), CS Lewis, Aristotle

Victoria's Secret - or - Jockey? Vicky

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

What is the one thing in your life that caused the biggest epiphany for you? I think the biggest thing in my life to really stop and make me think was the night my grandma was killed. I had just talked to her the day before her wedding and then a week later she was dead. She was crossing the road and was hit. Losing someone so fast like that really made me think about life. It made me think about how I was treating myself and things I've done in the past. It reminded me that life is fragile and nothing is forever. I'm always letting my family how much I love them and need them. I tell my husband what a noble man he is doing the job that he does. I thanked my parents for doing the dirty and bringing me into the world. I reassured my mother (who always second guesses herself) that she did a good job raising me and I wouldn't change a single thing about my up bringing.

Losing her the way I did reminds me to enjoy life while I am here. Nothing is forever and all bad times will come to an end. Worrying is pointless because tomorrow is always a new day. (sleeping yet?)

Oh I am so sorry. I love to ask that question every now and then but I need to be better prepared for the answers sometimes. I am so very sorry. I was a very young widow at age 23, from a similar loss. I am so sorry, Beth.

...and NO I AM NOT SLEEPING! I think you're fascinating. I love these threads.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Oh I am so sorry. I love to ask that question every now and then but I need to be better prepared for the answers sometimes. I am so very sorry. I was a very young widow at age 23, from a similar loss. I am so sorry, Beth.

...and NO I AM NOT SLEEPING! I think you're fascinating. I love these threads.
Oh my!!! I'm so sorry that you were widowed so young!!! I live with that fear with my hubby being in the army. I can't imagine what I would do. Knowing that that is a risk we never leave the house upset with one another and we always end the day with "i love you" no matter how bad it was. Things happen too quickly.

And I don't want to depress anyone with what I wrote up there. I would never say I'm glad it happened (cause I miss her terribly) but it opened my eyes and I'm all the better for it.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Erica!
well done!
Excelente Choice for this week!!!

Hi Beth!!!
CongRATS
this will be a great week!

So sorry for replied soo late but as you know I was "victim" of Emily
...but now everything is all right!

Let´s started soo easy for you!!!!

How about this!!!
today the topic will be around Mexican things!!!

1.- Have you ever to visites MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico? Wich part?

2.- Can you speak spanish?

3.- Have you ever to try Mexican Food?

4.- Do you like to Drink Tequila?

5.- Have you ever to sleep in a hammock?

6.- Do you have a CD of spanish music?

7.- Do you know about the Mayan Culture?

8.- Have you ever to watch Mexican Movies?

9.- Do you like the Spanish music????

10.- If you could to visit a place in MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico, wich part would be?

Enought for today!!!
Have a nice Great week Chick!!!

PS...(Watch for the Ryan´s questions!!!!...
I warning you!!!
...)

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Beth
This is well-deserved and long-overdue!!!

I apologize if some of these questions have already been asked...

1. What is Meishka's favorite food?
2. Are you familiar with the staff of your local Army Community Service office?

3. What do you like MOST about living on-post?
4. What do you like LEAST about living on-post? (I think I've heard you mention that you live on-post. If I have that wrong, just ignore me
)

5. What is the one movie you could watch all day, every day and NEVER get tired of?
6. Are you active in your FRG?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let´s started soo easy for you!!!!

How about this!!!
today the topic will be around Mexican things!!!

1.- Have you ever to visites MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico? Wich part?
I haven't been to Mexico... but I was in El Paso Texas and I saw the boarder into Juarez.... does that give me a little credit?
2.- Can you speak spanish?
I took 3 years in high school and another in college.... I hardly remember any of it!

3.- Have you ever to try Mexican Food?
Only the american version of mexican food (taco bell ha ha ha)
4.- Do you like to Drink Tequila?
Never tried it

5.- Have you ever to sleep in a hammock?
We have one outside and I have napped in it but never slept the entire night.
6.- Do you have a CD of spanish music?
No... but we do have the Sublime cd and there is a little spanish on that.

7.- Do you know about the Mayan Culture?
Not really. Only really basic things from a college world views class
8.- Have you ever to watch Mexican Movies?
I've seen some Spanish cartoons in classes

9.- Do you like the Spanish music????
I have neighbors across the street from Mexico and on Cinco de Mayo they had some salsa playing on the radio. It was really peppy!

10.- If you could to visit a place in MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico, wich part would be?
Puerto Vallarta

Enought for today!!!
Have a nice Great week Chick!!!

PS...(Watch for the Ryan´s questions!!!!...
I warning you!!!
...) Thanks Rigel!!! I'll be on the lookout for Ryans questions (thanks for the warning
)

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Beth
This is well-deserved and long-overdue!!!

I apologize if some of these questions have already been asked...

1. What is Meishka's favorite food? Anything People food lol... She LOVES chicken.

2. Are you familiar with the staff of your local Army Community Service office?
Yup!!! I took classes through them

3. What do you like MOST about living on-post? Everything is close
4. What do you like LEAST about living on-post? (I think I've heard you mention that you live on-post. If I have that wrong, just ignore me
) Everything is so close LOL. Yes I do live on post.
Sometimes you want to get away but you have a few nosey neighbors but for the most part they are cool.

5. What is the one movie you could watch all day, every day and NEVER get tired of? Legally Blond

6. Are you active in your FRG?
Yes I am a point of contact for my husbands unit.

Thanks for the questions!!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the pictures I took... someone asked for a picture of my handbag. I took a picture of all of them since I use them all...

Meish had to check out what was going on.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my bad... they asked for the CONTENTS.... haha

Here we go:

We have, lip balm, day planner, umbrella, cell phone, keys, shopping list, a 5 cent piece and a penny, rolaids, pocket mirror, cinnamon altoids, ginger altoids, jolly ranchers and reciepts... that folded up paper is the paper confirming I am who I am for my drug test lol

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for answer me Beth! and Yes El paso Juarez count to be like in MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico!

......Let see for you today..

1.- Do you like the foreign movies? do you have any preference?

2.- If you could travel in time wich age would you like to visit and who person from our history would you like to meet?

3.- If you have the money power to moved, wich part of the world would like to take of home?

4.- If you could ask for a wish, what would be?

5.- Do you enjoy the Parades? wich one is your favourite?..

6.- Who´s your cartoon favourite?

7.- Do you have a cell phone? wich brand is it?

8.- How many members of TCS do you meet in the real life? ( I mean in person? )..

9.- Do you like to drink Root beer?

10.- favourite salad is?

Enoght for today Chick!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for answer me Beth! and Yes El paso Juarez count to be like in MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico!

......Let see for you today..

1.- Do you like the foreign movies? do you have any preference?
Yes. I love the movie Amilee. (French)
2.- If you could travel in time wich age would you like to visit and who person from our history would you like to meet?
I would like to go back and see Camelot... not visit anyone in particular... just see the era
3.- If you have the money power to moved, wich part of the world would like to take of home?
On the coast of England... in a big white house... with a red door.

4.- If you could ask for a wish, what would be?
For the war to end and the soldiers come home unharmed.
5.- Do you enjoy the Parades? wich one is your favourite?..
Thanksgiving/Macy
6.- Who´s your cartoon favourite?
Sponge Bob

7.- Do you have a cell phone? wich brand is it?
Yes. Motorola
8.- How many members of TCS do you meet in the real life? ( I mean in person? )..
I haven't met anyone face to face but I've chatted with Ariana on the telephone and I chat with a few others on instant messenger.

9.- Do you like to drink Root beer?
Oh yes... with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

10.- favourite salad is?
Greek. With fetta cheese, kalamata olives, purple onion, mushrooms, green olives and the works!

Enoght for today Chick! Thanks!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job with the pictures!!! Your purse is a lot cleaner than mine!!!

Do you have a printer on your computer?
Do you have a PDA?
Do you own a camcorder?
Do you watch Animal Planet? Does Meishka?
Do you know anyone who's ever been to jail or the brig?
What are you growing in the planters outside of your house?
Were you in any sports in High School?
What year did you graduate?
How many screwdrivers do you own?
Post a pic of your favorite canned food from your cupboard.
Have you ever rode on a motorcycle?
Do you still know how to ride a peddely bike?
You go to your Hubbys parents house. When you arrive they have painted the living room black, your father-in-law has a purple mohawk, and you mother in law is in a leather outfit with a whip and a nose ring. Explain why?
Do cats have belly buttons?
If a baseball player hits a home run over the fence, but then dies before he can run around the bases, does the home run count?
What is the point in saying "may I ask" and then follow it up with a question?
Do they have burglar alarms at Christian bookstores?

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?"
If you were stranded on a deserted island which ten cd's, 2 books and one object would you like to have?
Who would you most like to be if you could not be yourself?
Post a picture of your hubby's left foot. (when he's awake and not in a bad mood!!!)

Do you know how to play cribbage?
Do you own a monolopy game?
Do you or your hubby smoke?
I'm stupid. What does DH mean? Is it Domestic Husband? That's all I can figure.

How many miles a day do you drive on average?
Do you own a dictionary?
Post a picture of yourself taking a picture of yourself in the mirror.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beth I've only had a quick glance through this thread so far so I'm sorry if I've repeated any questions. If so feel free to miss them out.

Q#1 Do you like Feta?
Q#2 Do you know a Milo is?
Q#3 Do you know what Ribena is?
Q#4 Do you know what an L&P is?
Q#5 How often do you shave under your arms?

That's all for now.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job with the pictures!!! Your purse is a lot cleaner than mine!!!

Do you have a printer on your computer? Yep
Do you have a PDA? Oh no, hubby and I don't kiss in public.
Sorry, couldn't resist... I just have a day planner.

Do you own a camcorder? Yeah
Do you watch Animal Planet? Does Meishka? I love the funniest animals. Meish sometimes watches it.. she more prefers cartoons though
Do you know anyone who's ever been to jail or the brig? Hubby was in jail once... for like a few hours. (Before I met him thanks lol)
What are you growing in the planters outside of your house? Tomatoes, Cukes, Peppers, Herbs...

Were you in any sports in High School? Tennis but I mostly stuck to musical theater
What year did you graduate? 1999
How many screwdrivers do you own? 2 in the kitchen drawer and tons more out in the shed
Post a pic of your favorite canned food from your cupboard. Actually we don't really have canned goods... I'll occasionally have canned soup when a recipe calls for it.
Have you ever rode on a motorcycle? Yes. My stepfather has a harley.
Do you still know how to ride a peddely bike?
I guess you didn't read my 'something no one knows and would be suprised to hear' answer

You go to your Hubbys parents house. When you arrive they have painted the living room black, your father-in-law has a purple mohawk, and you mother in law is in a leather outfit with a whip and a nose ring. Explain why? Drugs.... or insanity.
Do cats have belly buttons? They must somewhere... they had umbilical cords once
If a baseball player hits a home run over the fence, but then dies before he can run around the bases, does the home run count? In more than one way lol
What is the point in saying "may I ask" and then follow it up with a question?To be polite?
Do they have burglar alarms at Christian bookstores?
Is this like a 'do bears poop in the woods' thing?

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?" a cat.... Meish has it soooo easy (despite what she might think)
If you were stranded on a deserted island which ten cd's, 2 books and one object would you like to have? Only 2 books?!! I have no idea about the cds... but the books would probably be The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and The Bible... if I'm stranded what better time then to read about Jesus and think about God.
Who would you most like to be if you could not be yourself? Probably a Monk
Post a picture of your hubby's left foot. (when he's awake and not in a bad mood!!!)
Uhhh we'll see about that one LOL
Do you know how to play cribbage? At one point I knew how... I've forgotten
Do you own a monolopy game? Yep
Do you or your hubby smoke? No!
I'm stupid. What does DH mean? Is it Domestic Husband? That's all I can figure.
I guess it could for some
I think people use it as Dear Hubby

How many miles a day do you drive on average? Some days zero some days 20... so we'll say an average of 10

Do you own a dictionary? Yupper!
Post a picture of yourself taking a picture of yourself in the mirror. Tomorrow lol

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beth I've only had a quick glance through this thread so far so I'm sorry if I've repeated any questions. If so feel free to miss them out.

Q#1 Do you like Feta? Mmm.
My favorite Salad is greek... Actually in the picture of my fridge you might be able to see a tub of feta

Q#2 Do you know a Milo is? ...

Q#3 Do you know what Ribena is? ...

Q#4 Do you know what an L&P is? .... Clue me in!

Just about every other day. I wear tank tops a lot

That's all for now.

Thanks Sam!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you still know how to ride a peddely bike? I guess you didn't read my 'something no one knows and would be suprised to hear' answer

Oh yeah duh... I forgot... Sorry!!!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Q#1 Do you like Feta? Mmm.
My favorite Salad is greek... Actually in the picture of my fridge you might be able to see a tub of feta

Q#2 Do you know a Milo is? ...

Q#3 Do you know what Ribena is? ...

Q#4 Do you know what an L&P is? .... Clue me in!

Just about every other day. I wear tank tops a lot

That's all for now.

Thanks Sam!
Thank you for the answers Beth.

I love Greek Salad too and I have a ready made greek salad to team up with dinner tonight. Crumbed Hoki and Greek Salad. I was sneaky and stole some feta. Got too big of a chunk and now I'm feeling a bit ill, that was the reasing behind the question. Lol!

Ok Beth a Milo is a powdered chocolate drink - http://www.nestle.com.au/milo/main.asp

Milo is really good spinkled over vanilla ice-cream too!

Ribena is a Blackcurrent fruit juice. http://www.ribena.co.uk/

It is the best drink ever!

And L&P! It stands for Lemon and Paeroa. It is a delicious "World Famous in NZ drink" http://www.landp.co.nz/

Go that website - the opening page is so funny and so kiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Happy I could teach you something on this fine sunny day!