TCS Get Togethers

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was honestly so fun! I got there kind of late, and the others were kind enough to wait until I got there to order! Can you believe it!?!

We compared pics, and it was just so easy to talk to everyone. I can't wait to hear what Amanda, Kelly, and Allie post...and I totally encourage anyone who lives near other TCS members to try this. TCS get togethers ARE AWESOME!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, here are my pics. Now, since the manager took group shots on each of our cameras, my guess is that there will be a lot of repetition!
Becki's right, it was very fun! These are thumbnails, click on them for larger images:

This is Amanda (RubSluts'Mommy) & Allie (Lionessrampant):

Left to right: Becky (Beckiboo), Kelly (clixpix), Amanda (RubSluts'Mommy), and Allie (Lionessrampant):

Amanda was sweet enough to give us all gifts! I got a deck of cards with various cat breeds on each card in a cute cat-shaped container! I didn't see what Becky got. Here's a picture of Allie with her cute gift:

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fantastic photos Kelly! These are the most smiley pics I've seen in a long time.
You must have had an awesome time together!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say that I am thoroughly jealous and slightly bitter about all of these fun-filled meetups, lol. I wish I could do this!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Color me greeeeeeen with envy too!
There's a few of us in Canada, but we're so far apart. I'm probably closer to some Americans save for Loveysmummy. (Cindy)

I love that these meet ups are happening though. I think it goes to show how strong our community is.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Color me greeeeeeen with envy too!
There's a few of us in Canada, but we're so far apart. I'm probably closer to some Americans save for Loveysmummy. (Cindy)

I love that these meet ups are happening though. I think it goes to show how strong our community is.
I must say I agree!
Oh, and when I finally make the move to Seattle I will be close enough to visit some Canadians!!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Where are you in Canada again Ryan?
-about halfway between the east and the west coast of Canada.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See I'm real close to any of the Canadians in Windsor!! All of us Northern US TCS'ers should pick an area of Canada and start some meet-ups for each area!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO!!!! I MISSED IT!!!

With all the stress and confusion over my father-in-law, I completely forgot about the meet-up! (We thought my FIL was dying, so we all rushed to Arizona to be with him. All last week was an emotional roller coaster. On Sunday morning we were gathered by his bedside to say our goodbyes...until he suddenly sat up that afternoon and asked for coffee.)

I'm SOOOO sorry I missed you all!! It looks like you had a great time. Maybe we can plan another Chicago area meet-up some time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The pictures of your get together are spectacular.

Just look at all your beautiful, smiling faces.

Wonderful

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

OH NO!!!! I MISSED IT!!!

With all the stress and confusion over my father-in-law, I completely forgot about the meet-up! (We thought my FIL was dying, so we all rushed to Arizona to be with him. All last week was an emotional roller coaster. On Sunday morning we were gathered by his bedside to say our goodbyes...until he suddenly sat up that afternoon and asked for coffee.)

I'm SOOOO sorry I missed you all!! It looks like you had a great time. Maybe we can plan another Chicago area meet-up some time.
I'm sorry you weren't able to come, Tari. It really was fun. And Amanda is moving to Portland, OR in about 6 weeks, so we really should do it again, soon!

Amanda (RubSlut'sMom) brought gifts for everyone...mine is a cat paint by number kit! I opened it today, and started painting. It has probably been 25 years since I did a paint by number, and I never would have thought to get one for myself. But I am really having fun with it...it has a lot of detail, and the final picture will look great. Of course, it is a CAT painting! LOL!

I can't tell you how nice it is to meet TCS'ers face to face. If you live anywhere near a meet up, you really should go.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Another successful meet up
So pleased you all enjoyed yourselves

You Canadians should try to organise something because it would be a shame if you didn't
Nothing I'd like better. The trouble is that we are very scattered.
I think there are a few others in the Vancouver area, but I don't think I've seen a lot of activity from them recently. Then there's Ryan and Loveysmummy in Manitoba, 2,000 km away, and several in southern Ontario, another couple thousand km away, and it's another 1,700 or so km out to the East coast, with individuals scattered in between all those points. Now, if they all want to move to Vancouver, which is God's country anyway
, it would be a piece of cake

Be that as it may, this is one heck of a neat thread, and I'm glad to see some meet-ups happening. That's beyond cool.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend this one, but the Ohio TCS meet up was yesterday.............come on guys, we need pics!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I'm sorry you weren't able to come, Tari. It really was fun. And Amanda is moving to Portland, OR in about 6 weeks, so we really should do it again, soon!
I'm now down to a few days... and it's been way too hectic for me to plan anything else here. Between the packing and the panic of finding another place to live in time, I've been nearly pulling my hair out.

There are many more gifts in the grab bag, and I see more stuff that can go in every day.

I'm heading off for Portland Thursday morning. I have friends who are trying to drag me to various events and things nearly every day... and I STILL have some packing left. The movers are coming Wednesday morning... so I have three days to socialize and finish. I have to disassemble my &%#$$#% bed. It took me 3+ hours to assemble it... I love IKEA, but that design needs to be made easier to assemble. Heck their dressers are easier!

I still think everyone else here should get together again... and I'll work on Portland folk to get together. And the grab bag o'gifts will come with me to Portland.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, these pictures turned out cute. Sounds like everyone had a great time together.