Taxes: How are you filing yours and have you already?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Ugh. Mine are...awful because I'm self employed. Luckily, mommy is a CPA, so she does mine. She ENJOYS doing taxes, so who am I to take away her fun?
That a BIG part of why DH & I file separately! That and because of student loans he hasn't actually gotten a return since I've known him I don't think.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the last 20 years or so I have done my own by hand every single year, but this year I got lazy and decided the heck with it - so I spent $26 to do it through Turbo Tax.

It was so quick and easy, much less of a hassle than filling out the forms manually - I think that the ease and speed of doing it online that way was worth the $26, so I do believe I'll be doing it that way from now on!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lulz, I hate how when you do it online they make you use a private company, because when you're me and don't make much money (I don't know that I'm even required to file?) it's just a huge hassle for them to tell you after an hour what you knew from the beginning. And then if you don't remember your agi from the year before you have to print something out and mail it anyway, so what's the point!

And, yea, I filed the third week of January and already have my return.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have an independent account do mine. I will be mailing them in as I owe this year.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine is simple enough that I still do it the old pen and paper way -- doesn't take long. Got my T4 yesterday, and I don't think there's anything else I'm waiting for, so I'll probably get off the pot in the next week or so, since I probably have a refund coming.