Talk about an Argh..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Friday was payday at the Kennel I work at. I was sick on thursday and couldnt go in. Steve had to call from work for me, because our phone line was cut. And we have to pay for repair
but anyways. So friday he called as we were gonna go get my paycheck, and he just wanted to make sure they were ready.

He was told they were mailed. Huh???? well that makes NO sense they have never mailed them before. But thats what he was told. He was told paychecks were mailed on Thursday night. ok..fine. So mail runs on friday..nothing. nada no check.

Saturday..nada..no check

so i walked to my grandmas today (no check no gas money imagine that) to use her phone Not only do i have no check I have no schedule passed today. So i called and asked to speak with our Manager, or Assistant manager. The gal at the desk wouldnt allow me to speak with either of them. Says i need to call our other manager, who is never there btw. Ok..so i get his cell phone number. And i try him..still kinda like "what the heck?" but Bob is the one who makes the schedules..

Call him. NO answer. well I leave a message to have him call steves work,because we still dont have a phone. I cant pay for the repair til i get my PAYCHECK (which no one knows what is going on still btw)

So I wait a little longer, than I call him back. still no answer. ok so i leave it at that.

Mail ran today..

Guess what?

NO PAYCHECK..

So now i am really stumped as to what the heck is going on. I dont know if i work tommrow or dont work tommrow. No one will reply to me. and I dont have my paycheck. So even if I do work tommrow I cant get out there because I have no gas. cause they have all my money. Nice huh?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks!! I love direct deposit. I know my money is going to be there at 12:00 am!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well my money SHOULD have been avalible to me on friday. it was payday there shoudlnt have been an issue with me comign to get it. thats whats so odd. they have NEVER "mailed" checks before. and even if they did "mail them" the place is only 30mins away it shouldnt take from thursday night..til..well it didnt come tday so who knows when..to get here.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something very similar happened to me once. Since then I had insisted on direct deposit for all of my paychecks.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm-I would be slightly
That is so crazy!! Wonder what is going on-maybe ya need to make a visit to the office and find out?? Best of luck on the situation and please keep us posted.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i would be making a visit to the office if i could. But i have NO gas. and the office is 30mins away. not that I would probably get any answeres there either. I am very mad.I also cant do any grocery shopping...thank Goodness I have plenty of dog and cat food but no people food.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I would be SO mad! I would call there and demand to speak with someone asap!

I'm sorry this is happening to you, I hope you get everything figured out soon

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have someone who can give you a ride? If you are normally scheduled then I would go in those days. When you get there speak to a manager. That is really weird that the front desk person won't let you talk to them either. Do you not get along well with the front desk people or are they just not normally allowed to let whoever talk to the manager? I mean, she should at least go tell the manager that you are on the line and let the manager say whether or not she will take your call.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh I would be SO mad! I would call there and demand to speak with someone asap!

I'm sorry this is happening to you, I hope you get everything figured out soon
well i am pretty much up a crick with calling anyone right now. Grandma isnt home right now and I am not gonna walk the 5miles to use the phone if shes not home lol

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Do you have someone who can give you a ride? If you are normally scheduled then I would go in those days. When you get there speak to a manager. That is really weird that the front desk person won't let you talk to them either. Do you not get along well with the front desk people or are they just not normally allowed to let whoever talk to the manager? I mean, she should at least go tell the manager that you are on the line and let the manager say whether or not she will take your call.
I get along fine with her. It was just really odd. Imo. than again this whole thing stinks of weirdness.

The problem with just going in when I am scheduled. Is I used to be scheduled mon-thursday last time we had no schedule i went in as scheduled on monday only to find out they cut me (and everyone) down to two days a week. so i wasted the gas. (sorry but with prices the way it is 30mins each way is a big waste)

And at the present moment i dont have anyone who could give me a ride at the time i am scheduled.

i shouldnt HAVE to NOT have gas. I was supposed to be Paid on Friday.
and frankly I am not working til I have my paycheck in my hand. As far as i am concerned i havent been paid for my hard work I already put in.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be terribly p.o'd.
I think that sounds fishy that the girl answering phones wouldn't let you speak to the managers you requested.

I hope you get this all worked out and good luck.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm... something very fishy is going on there. Good luck tomorrow in finding out what the heck is going on.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck with this. I also completely back you up on the point that you haven't been paid yet, so don't even think about working for them more till that's cleared up. <<<<check come soon vibes>>>>

I sure hope this isn't going on with you, but fh's company is screwing up big time. They haven't been paid for the past two weeks and fh's boss is serving them with a lawyer's notice tomorrow... I really hope they just pay up and we don't have to get into a legal battle.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH got laid off from his job recently. Last Thursday he was supposed to get his final check, direct deposited. It wasn't deposited, and we are still waiting for it. While we are (were?!?) a little more financially sound than you, since we are a bit older, it is still extremely upsetting and difficult.

I had to fill two prescriptions on Friday, and had to hold back tears as I wrote a check for $120.00. We will have to transfer money from savings to checking to pay our mortgage and bills, because my paycheck isn't enough to cover everything.

I feel for you! I hope you get it all worked out...the gas money, fixing the phone, etc.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The whole situation sounds a but like there is financial problems at your workplace. If they cut hours then the "checks in the mail" hmmmm I would be concerned-can you contact a co-worker to see whats up???

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This doesn't sound right at all. I am so sorry you are going through this. Honestly, my gut feeling is you don't have a job there anymore..but they darn well owe you that last paycheck

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may be way off...but could they be trying to secretly lay you off?

I'm sure its not that, but It came into my mind. It just seems weird, no schedule for you, paycheck in the mail? Usually final paychecks get sent in the mail...Eeep, I don't mean to scare you.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

This may be way off...but could they be trying to secretly lay you off?

I'm sure its not that, but It came into my mind. It just seems weird, no schedule for you, paycheck in the mail? Usually final paychecks get sent in the mail...Eeep, I don't mean to scare you.
I don't like suggesting it either, but you and I are thinking alike

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

This doesn't sound right at all. I am so sorry you are going through this. Honestly, my gut feeling is you don't have a job there anymore..but they darn well owe you that last paycheck
Hate to say it but that is what I think ...