Sylvester got his 6 month haircut plus more today, ugh....

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sylvester gets a "Lion cut" every 6 months because he gets matted, but they called me and said 3 of his teeth look bad; they didn't see this 6 months ago when he was in but said it can happen quickly. Now this was the same vet that we had Sugar at 4 years ago when she had that HORRIBLE reaction to the anesthesia, so when she was talking about putting him under to do it I nearly drove off the road, she said she understood my reservations but said what happened to her was very unusual and hasn't happened since, so I agreed to let her do it but carefully, he was already slightly sedated for his grooming, this way he wouldn't have to come back AGAIN for more anesthesia and he did fine thank God, but he is still really woozy but that'll wear off. She said no dry food for a week, but when Snickers had extensive surgery done months ago at a different vet he didn't restrict him, but maybe it depends on some things? But he is dealing with this now and goes on Saturday to his opthamologist to get that bandage contact lense taken out and his eye checked because of the ulcer that he had weeks ago, so this poor little guy has been through the ringer lately! But I guess it is better that they saw it and that they removed them, they said he probably was in pain but just didn't show it as we all know they are masters at doing!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry for everything Sylvester has been going through in such a short period of time. 🤗 Hopefully he'll recuperate without any side effects.:crossfingers: Good luck at his ophthalmology appointment on Saturday. Please keep us updated on his progress.