swollen foot 'beans'

snakeytron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

I recently posted about him having a weird dark spot on his upper lip that scabs and get less darker sometimes but it does not go away. Recently his foot beans started swelling and the vet told me with all the symptoms he’s having including diarrhea, that he has EGC. I’m against steroids because I’m worried about the side effects. I switched his food to hypoallergenic food and he was prescribed antibiotics to clear things up in his intestines and foot probably.

is there any treatment other than steroids?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

snakeytron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s on hypoallergenic food right now. Which he hates unfortunately so I’m trying to find alternatives. He’s 7 months old is it ok if I try giving him Hill’s sensitive stomach and skin dry food (which is for adults) ?
Currently he is on Dr. Clauder’s hypoallergenic wet food.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Without looking I don't recall, does Hills have a canned version of that? But yes, I believe he is old enough that he can eat food that is labeled as for adults. Granted, food labeled as All Life Stages could be a better solution depending on the nutritional makeup of the food in question.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tried looking up the brand your kitten doesn't like and couldn't find any details on ingredients/calories. I was going to match it to the Hill's Sensitive Stomach food, just to compare ingredients and calories. If you can access more information about both, you might want to see just how different (or, alike) they are.

Have you done an internet search looking for various hypoallergenic foods that are available to you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snakeytron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I have spent weeks on the internet looking for an alternative..

Unfortunately we don’t have Hill’s canned wet food, only dry. As for Dr. Clauder's wet food, it is the only hypoallergenic wet food in my country. I think Hill’s dry food is my only option.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No guarantee that it will help, but if you want to share the country/area where you live, maybe someone on this site might know of others?? Do you have Amazon.com? They might sell some versions?