Susan Boyle's Second Performance!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh i remember him last week!. Such a unique voice hasn't he, and i'm sure he did get through to the semi finals?. I'll let you know tomorrow though

Sarah, Flawless did get through as well

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I love this thread!!

And now I'm searching for other interesting performers. I have no idea if this person has made it thru, but what a completely surprising voice! He opened up his mouth to sing and my mouth dropped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88k4...eature=related
OMG, that was DEFINITELY unexpected!! My first thought was he's a British Adam Lambert and I was expecting to hear Led Zepplin or something. But when he started singing it was incredible. Like Simon said, it was like a dog meowing!
He did great though!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All I can say is Britain really has a lot of talent!

I hope Susan can withstand the pressure. It can't be easy for anyone dealing with the sudden enormous amount of attention.

Love the Faces of Disco!
Especially when they took their shirts off.

What an entertaining show!

I think both Shaheen and Shaun Smith have futures in show biz.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This young girl Holly lost it during her act. At first they said they didn't have time to let her do it again and she started crying, but there were no tears???. But Simon Cowell said that they would make sure she performed again later in the show once she composed herself.

This isn't the clip because it's not up yet, but she was singing Eidleweiss

That Greg Pritchard is performing tonight as well!!

Originally Posted by pushylady

Love the Faces of Disco!
Especially when they took their shirts off.
Oh i know!!!!

Well the water works worked on the judges because they put her through to the final, and people aren't impressed. Aiden Davis was the other that got through as well

This was her performace, so i hope you can see it

http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200273.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I love this thread!!

And now I'm searching for other interesting performers. I have no idea if this person has made it thru, but what a completely surprising voice! He opened up his mouth to sing and my mouth dropped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88k4...eature=related
!!!!

As Pierce said, that's the last thing I expected to hear come out of his mouth!!

Based on the comments from that You Tube video, it looks like he didn't make it through his second performance.
I can't believe that!!!! he was spectacular!!!!

Apparently he lost out to that girl who had a fit on stage....Holly?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

This young girl Holly lost it during her act. At first they said they didn't have time to let her do it again and she started crying, but there were no tears???. But Simon Cowell said that they would make sure she performed again later in the show once she composed herself.
Here is the clip of her melt down

Here is her second chance

I don't think she's very good at all. Of course I really don't care for the sound of kid's voices when they sing.

It looked like her crying was a complete put on :nods:

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I don't think she's very good at all.

She wasn't good Linda, and that crying was put on. All that needed to come next was a bottom lip and her feet stamping
Whingey face!

If she wins tomorrow (which i highly doubt) there'll be uproar, because going off people reactions already they don't think she should have been allowed a 2nd chance.

Apparently he lost out to that girl who had a fit on stage....Holly?
He did and he shouldn't have

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Aiden Davis was the other that got through as well

What amazed me about Aiden was the fact that he choreographed his own routine - and he's only 11 years old!!

Here is the clip of her melt down

Here is her second chance

I don't think she's very good at all. Of course I really don't care for the sound of kid's voices when they sing.

I'm with you all on this one. I didn't like her first audition and didn't like this one either. I almost expected her to have a temper tantrum on the stage. If she can't handle the pressure of performing, then she shouldn't try to do it.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AND THE WINNER IS...................

DIVERSITY!!!!!!

Not who i would have picked, but never mind, and Susan Boyle was runner up
The video of tonights performance isn't up on youtube yet.

And for those who can see the Britains got talent site here it is. It took a few attepts to load because their server was so busy!!

http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200288.htm

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once again, I'm not up on how this works. Runner-up is 2nd place? Does that mean anything? I mean in terms of performing, or a prize or something? I didn't pay attention at all to the contest, but was hoping she'd win, so I hope she gets something for her talent and putting herself out there!

Laurie

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They won?!!

I guess I'm not a good judge of talent, because I thought they sucked!!

Well, at least that snot nosed kid from yesterday didn't win! I would have flown to Britain and smacked Simon!!

I had a suspicion that Susan Boyle wouldn't win. The focus was on her too much and I'm sure people voted against her because they were tired of hearing about her.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked up Susan Boyle's final performance.

http://mashable.com/2009/05/30/susan...l-performance/

Despite having come in second, this lady will go far! She will probably have a DVD out soon, and I'm sure she's got producers banging down her door wanting to sign her up!

So far as the Queen goes? She'll probably still get her chance. I suspect that the Queen is probably a big fan!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought Diversity was fantastic - they'd obviously put a LOT of work into their routines, and made it appeal to a wide audience. I'm surprised they won, but I'm pleased for them!

Interestingly, Flawless' audition has 12 million views on YouTube, where Diversity's has only 3 million.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm I don't think she should have sung the same song - that may be part of why she didn't win. It was the same thing which we've seen before.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Runner-up is 2nd place? Does that mean anything? I mean in terms of performing, or a prize or something?
Yes it's 2nd place Laurie. I don't think she gets a prize though?, but they'll all be going on a live tour around the UK in a few weeks.

Well, at least that snot nosed kid from yesterday didn't win!
My sister and i sat and had coffee this morning outside Pret, and we heard people from 3 seperate tables talking about her and how she whined and shouldn't have been given a 2nd chance, so we joined in and agreed with them

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Despite having come in second, this lady will go far! She will probably have a DVD out soon, and I'm sure she's got producers banging down her door wanting to sign her up!

So far as the Queen goes? She'll probably still get her chance. I suspect that the Queen is probably a big fan!!
She'll definitely be having a lot of appearances on some of the shows here, especially the chat shows.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I should add that Susan's song, although being the same, was fantastic - she did it better than the first time around. I read that Elaine Page wants to do a duet with her - what a dream come true if that comes about

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

She'd most likely "get" Susan Boyle's singing more than Diversity's dancing

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

She'd most likely "get" Susan Boyle's singing more than Diversity's dancing
I can just see the confused look on her face and her polite smiles and nods. But I'd love to be behind the scenes after the fact when she says "What the H*&$ was that!!!"