Surgery on Tuesday (Feb. 5th)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, I'm glad the meds aren't affecting me badly! And hearing these stories makes me wonder even more why anyone would do these drugs for fun.

I did try the Tylenol, and thankfully it does help. It will be good for during the day when I still need to be more alert. I had a BAD pain night last night. Woke up around 6:00 (after not getting to sleep until around 3:00 b/c I couldn't get comfy) and it took me about 1/2 hour to realize that I had drugs for this and I should take them.
While I laid there trying to get comfy while the drugs worked, Mojo came and snuggled real close to my neck and purred so hard.
Even when the drugs started to work and I was drifting off to sleep she moved above my head but made sure she was still touching me all night. She can be such a pain in the butt, but she can also be the sweetest little thing. She helped me a lot last night.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Mojo.
She knew that her meowmy was hurting.
Cats sure are amazing, eh?
Glad to hear the Tylenol helps. Hopefully you won't have too many more painful nights.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Heidi...
Sweet Mojo was there for you.

Sending loving thoughts and healing vibes that soon you will be pain free, back in action and better than ever.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First day back to work...well, for all of 2 1/2 hours anyway.
Came home at 10:00, laid down for a nap ( I was wiped out!) and woke up at 4:30. Guess I still have a long way to go. Good thing I have a very understanding office!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Came home at 10:00, laid down for a nap ( I was wiped out!) and woke up at 4:30. Guess I still have a long way to go. Good thing I have a very understanding office!
Wow, that is really soon back to work! I think having general anesthesia tends to make you tired like that for a while.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for Mojo...I think some cats just tune right in and are good at "nursing" duties

I know Ophelia is that way for me.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Great ZOT, woman! Already??? Do take it easy, will you?

Sweet Mojo

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have taken a full 2 weeks off, but I just don't have the time accrued. Took too much time off around Christmas, I think, before I knew that the surgery would be this soon in the year.

I did a lot better today - worked 3 1/2 hours and only slept for 1 hour when I came home.
Not feeling nearly as "run over" today.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't expect to much of yourself Heidi.
Think long term results.

Get plenty of rest.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Geez, Heidi - I thought you were back to work this week not last week!

BTW - Vicodin and Percocet both have codeine in them, the difference is Vicodin has the codeine in the form of hydrocodone combined with acetaminophen and Percocet has codeine in the form of oxycodone combined with acetaminophen.

Oxycodone is slightly stronger than hydrocodone (a 5mg dose of oxycodone is equivalent to a 7.5mg dose of hydrocodone).

An interesting FYI, Gary's fentanyl patch is the "equivalent" of 360mg of hydrocodone a day and 240mg of oxycodone a day, and the amount of dilaudid he's allowed to take every day for breakthrough pain is the "equivalent" of 640mg of hydrocodone and 427mg of oxycodone!
...and he still gets no sleep.

So - how is your arm/wrist feeling now - and how are YOU doing? Are you close to being able to type with two hands again yet?

Laurie