Summer is over

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ebensburg, PA (about 2,000 feet above sea level) received enough snow last night to whiten the ground.

We closed the pool a couple of weeks ago. We just took out the AC units. And I put flannel sheets on the bed this morning. The electric blanket is on High on both sides and the kids are all zonked out in various spots, soaking up the heat.

We still have to go outside and put the garden and flower beds to bed for the winter. But it won't stop raining again.

The only thing to look forward to now is cold and snow. With ice mixed in for good measure. I am not amused.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know where you have a standing invitation! The guest room is ready and the kitties want company

It's in the high 80's this afternoon. This morning was in the high 60's and low humidity. Went for a nice walk after breakfast.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have given out snow here for later this month but today its been 27 celcius and yesterday was 30.x

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've got just about the same weather as Britain, but it's supposed to cool down to the teens (Celsius= 60s Fahrenheit) by Wednesday. I put most of my summer clothes in storage today and got out the winter stuff. It's getting cold at night, so the winter duvets will be the next thing to bring down from the attic.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ran into town and my car said it was 49 degrees F (so, that's what, around 20 degrees C?) but it feels colder than that because of the wind. The trees haven't started changing here, but they have at work (1/2 hr drive west and higher elevation), plus I heard they had snow Friday night! Fall came early this year, but I LOVE fall! Now, I want to make pumpkin pies and chili and all that good stuff!

Winter I could do without.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
49°F = 9.4°C. The trees in Europe are starting to change color, but this has been the warmest late September/ early October in memory. July was cooler here this year. It's been great for the Oktoberfest and Cannstatter Volksfest.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boston Ma. Its just getting to the point where we dont need the AC. Its nice to have the open windows. But that never seems to last that long... Hi Peoples!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The only time I really enjoyed winter as an adult was when we were in the RV in Big Bear. We drove down to work every day - and so it was 60 or 70 during the day, but we had the cold and snow at night. And we had a driver, so we didn't have to deal with the chains when it was bad on the way to work or home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had two days in a row with frosts. I covered all container plants and the basil in the veg garden. But we have indian summer this week with temps going up to low 70's by the end of the week.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel free to send the cold and snow here! I'm sick of the warm weather, and I'm very sick of the humidity!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We turned our heat on tonight. Supposed to get down to the 40s. I probably would have held off if I didn't have a small child. I was sad when I put an undershirt on her with her jammies tonight. That makes it really seem real!

Now that DH is in bed I'm thinking we should have pulled out a quilt for ourselves! We might have to snuggle!

Originally Posted by jcat

49°F = 9.4°C. The trees in Europe are starting to change color, but this has been the warmest late September/ early October in memory. July was cooler here this year. It's been great for the Oktoberfest and Cannstatter Volksfest.
A friend of mine was stationed in Germany till last month. She and her girls were not amused by the cool summer! Or the cold winter last year! They are back state side now though; back to our crazy weather!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Feel free to send the cold and snow here! I'm sick of the warm weather, and I'm very sick of the humidity!
Ohhhh, honey....I wish I could!

Me? I'm going to Lana's for the winter! I could handle a few months of Florida!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you're always welcome. Angel, Tony & Tippy are anxious to meet you. Only problem - you don't fly -- will Clarence make it down here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't know about Clarence, but the Tundra would!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its only suppose to get to mid - high 40s for us by late week. I don't mind though. It hasn't been hot here all summer, just kinda humid.

It's put a damper on my nail art because I don't have a dehumidifier, so when the air is too moist, I get bubbles in my polish.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it is the cooler nights, all the rain we have had recently or what but last night I went down to the garden to get any decent sized tomatoes off our plants that were still green so they could ripen on the window sills, and harvested almost 2 dozen green peppers! There are still more that should be ready by the end of the week! I was thrilled considering our 2 green pepper plants really didn't do anything all summer. It seems like as soon as one started either the bugs got to it or it just stopped developing and rotted on the plant.

I was planning on making spaghetti this weekend of company, but I may make some stuffed green peppers as well and freeze them for quick dinners later in the winter.

Does the change in the seasons cause this?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

Ohhhh, honey....I wish I could!

Me? I'm going to Lana's for the winter! I could handle a few months of Florida!
Me too! My feet are not happy to be confined in real shoes again!

The family of my Mother's God-daughter moved down there a few years ago and they have a guest house. Sounds perfect!!