Stray Mama And Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Logicat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good, thanks! The kittens really value that time with mom so I'm happy that I do not need to remove them any sooner than necessary.

Logicat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pickles has started acting as if she's in heat. It started last night. She's meowing all over the house, butt up in the air, doing the crawl, and has been extremely affectionate. She also has a slight clear discharge. But, she's supposed to be pregnant? So color me confused.

Is it possible for a pregnant cat to go into heat? I definitely feel movement in her belly and the vet did also seem to think she was pregnant. But maybe she was wrong?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, that sound like she's in heat. And I don't think pregnant cats go into heat. Weird. Keep her away from outside doors, just in case she tries to bolt.

Logicat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks rubysmama. Yes, she is definitely in heat. I'm just wondering if it is possible for a pregnant cat to go into heat.

I'm going to assume for now that the vet and I have been wrong and she is not pregnant (fingers crossed) and will be taking her in to my regular vet next week.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Strange, eh. Guess all you can do is wait and see what happens next. ;)