TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, little Nemo did pass.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.  We do our best, but we can't save them all.  At least Nemo knew he was loved.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nemo definitely knew he was loved and he definitely was. She was an Angel to him and to me. I'm glad that she got him because she really made his life a better place while he was still here. My heart goes out to her. Talkingpeanut, it was a parasite that he had, he couldn't fend it off and he was so young that nothing could be done. I'm just happy that I got him out of his dark place to give him a bright future and love from someone who really wanted this baby and did EVERYTHING they possibly could for that little four legged precious soul. I don't regret anything on how this played out. I love the way she fought for him.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nemo definitely knew he was loved and he definitely was. She was an Angel to him and to me. I'm glad that she got him because she really made his life a better place while he was still here. My heart goes out to her. Talkingpeanut, it was a parasite that he had, he couldn't fend it off and he was so young that nothing could be done. I'm just happy that I got him out of his dark place to give him a bright future and love from someone who really wanted this baby and did EVERYTHING they possibly could for that little four legged precious soul. I don't regret anything on how this played out. I love the way she fought for him.
You 100% did all the right things!  So very sorry to hear this news.

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me too. She will always be a friend of mine simply because she is an Angel and cared to drive 2 hours to get him knowing the possible outcome. She is awesome.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this. Do you know what parasite he had? It is a shame she did not post for help- we have had a lot of experience with parasites in kittens.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor Nemo! He was such an adorable little kitten. You are both angels for fighting so hard to save him. It is so hard, though, when it seems even your very best can't save them. Little Nemo was special and will always be remembered. His life may have been way too short, but he did get to know how it felt to feel so safe and loved. That is truly want all kitties want and deserve. He will never be forgotten.
RIP Sweet Nemo!
You are truly an Angel now and your star will shine brightly for all to see!
You were so very much loved by so many people.
You will be missed!!

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jenny R, go back and read. She picked up where I left off and when Nemo passed, she stopped posting. She did EVERYTHING she could for him so don't bash her. She drove 2 hours to get him and she knew what could happen and yet she did it anyway. That's awesome in my eyes and heart. The parasite was a deadly one, maybe that's why the mom left him and I found him and did what I could for him.

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not being mean but she did take him to her vet and the vet said nothing could be done. Actually, a lot of people gave her awesome advice on here and she obviously knew what she was doing. It's awesome he lived as long as he did. Thankfully she had the kindest heart and mind to do what she had to for him, she is a great person and I will always be thankful for her.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny R, go back and read. She picked up where I left off and when Nemo passed, she stopped posting. She did EVERYTHING she could for him so don't bash her. She drove 2 hours to get him and she knew what could happen and yet she did it anyway. That's awesome in my eyes and heart. The parasite was a deadly one, maybe that's why the mom left him and I found him and did what I could for him.
I am not bashing anyone - but here on TCS we like to know what happened so we can help people in future. It all goes into our store of knowledge. So I wonder what parasite it was, just to tick all the boxes. Unfinished stories are always unsatisfactory. Did she not mention anything?

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Coccidiosis. He was too young to fight it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's a shame. Coccidia can be treated quickly and effectively with Ponazuril. I'm sorry Nemo passed from it.

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was checked and it was a little too late. Who knows how long he had it before I found him?

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe that's why his mom abandoned him in the first place.

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know how that happened with all the previous replies. My bad, seriously my bad.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand - were there previous replies? Anyway, it is very sad but always better to know and understand what happened so we can advise people better in the future. Coccidia is not uncommon in young stray kittens, I had two with it once. Fortunately they were treated and survived. Thank you for letting us know, and for all you tried to do for Nemo. I know you felt you were doing the right thing. .

Last edited:

jessi l

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought there was. My phone messed up on me and made me think I reposted so many previous replies from this thread. Oh well.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that Nemo passed @Jessi L  Thank you for everything you did to help this little guy. It's a shame he was only here for a short while.

I'll lock this thread now as a sign of respect. When you feel ready please start a thread in Nemo's memory in our Crossing The Bridge forum

http://www.thecatsite.com/f/19/crossing-the-bridge

Rest In Peace Nemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.