Stray had her babies and I'm lost

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think offering 2 plates of mush when you're there is the way to go. They are adorable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yellowhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Offered some 'mush' - it was... messy!

yellowhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really need to take pictures.  They walked through the food, walked into the water... and then looked at the paw that landed in the water as if to say, "what happened to you?  Why did you get wet?"  It was quite comical.  In other news, the bigger boys said that they saw two kittens pee in the litter box and NOT try to eat it.  YAY!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
That is always so exciting to see them go potty in the appropriate spot! :clap:

Let the fun begin... Funny little messy kittens [emoji]128149[/emoji]

yellowhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yuck.  I sat in kitten pee.  And the big boys said another kitten was trying to eat the litter.  Fun times?

yellowhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quick update - we cleaned out all kitten litter yesterday and stuck out three new aluminum lasagna pans of new litter.  They seem to, somewhat, be using it.  The old litter was well used.  I also attempted to clip nails yesterday. I managed the four normal-toed kittens, but the two polydactyl kittens were far more squirmy.  Plus, more nails.  However, their nails don't seem as sharp or catchy, which seems odd to me.  I would think they would be extra catchy on things.  Anyway, we are visiting kittens as much as possible, and they are not afraid of the vacuum.  Hidey, on the other hand, is not at ALL fond of the vacuum.  I have also managed to misplace my camera again, but when I find it I'll post more pictures.  They are so much fun to play with, pet, watch, etc.  We have kitten toys and the current favorite seems to be a toss-up between a crinkly ball and Hidey's tail.  All six are doing well, although some still toddle around and tip over now and then, they all seem to be running around.

yellowhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, this is an odd request.  My friend is adopting two of the kittens, but her husband is having serious surgery around the time they would be ready to be adopted.  Long story short, we will keep the kittens until whenever, but we would like to skype with their family (two young kids) and the kittens.  Has anyone done this?  Any advice?  I can't imagine that the kittens will stay in one place at all.  But they might be curious about the computer for a while.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats have skyped with my sister. They won't hang out the whole time, but they come and go. You can also angle a laptop or have a web cam that you can move around so that they can watch as the kittens play on the ground or something.

yellowhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, that was months ago.  I wanted to post a quick update... the two kitties made it to my friend's home eventually, and we get regular updates.  Today, for example she called to say that she thinks they could be part maine coon, and spent several minutes describing behaviors and looks.  It's fun!   I dunno about the Maine Coon, though - there were 4 long hairs and two short hair in the litter.  Mama is a short hair.   Here is one of our fluffy former kittens as of Feb 20th.  I think he's even bigger now.  I call him my "four a.m. feline" because that seems to be when he wants to play with the human.  

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yellowhouse yellowhouse

Hello! He's absolutely stunning! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

So you've kept Hidey and the kittens except for the two who went to a friend?

What's the spay/neuter plan?

So nice to hear from you. I actually thought of you the other day. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited: