Stray Cat just had kittens. Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, my avatar is Ruby, my 4-ish year old female shelter kitty.  I got her almost 2 years ago and was specifically looking for an orange cat and didn't know they were usually male. 

She does has a bit of white on her tail, so I guess she isn't technically completely orange.  :)

She is beautiful and large!! I love her coloring. There has been a large long haired, Maine Coonish looking male coming around and I wonder if he could be the father of Claire's kittens? The still born kitten that Claire had Was all black with some tanish spotting, so completely different than Milo and Mimosa as it didn't have any white coloring at all. I don't know much about cat genetics, but it is interesting to me.

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is beautiful and large!! I love her coloring.
 Thanks. Hopefully large doesn't mean fat. 
.   Been trying to get her to get more exercise.  Maybe we better cut back on the treats!

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 Thanks. Hopefully large doesn't mean fat.  :lol3: .   Been trying to get her to get more exercise.  Maybe we better cut back on the treats! :)
Definitely not fat just large. Claire has what I think is a small head and skinny type frame so compared to her Ruby looks large to me.

There is nothing wrong with being well fed. Claire has definitely filled out some since living the good life. I haven't bought any cat treats yet for my group. What do you give Ruby?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitely not fat just large. Claire has what I think is a small head and skinny type frame so compared to her Ruby looks large to me.

There is nothing wrong with being well fed. Claire has definitely filled out some since living the good life. I haven't bought any cat treats yet for my group. What do you give Ruby?
Ruby was definitely thinner when I got her.  But she was also 2 years younger, had been in the shelter for almost 2 months and had just recently been spayed. Plus she'd been having diarrhea from a food intolerance. So she probably was able to gain a little.  

However, back in January, the vet suggested cutting back on her treats, so I *think* that meant she was getting a little too chubby. 
  I'll see what the vet says when she goes for her yearly checkup in a few months.

Claire may also put on weight once she stops nursing and is spayed.  Will she be an indoor only cat?

I have 2 kinds of treats that I give Ruby.  

1) Temptations - the grocery store brand that most cats love, but some people think are not good for them. 

2) a Veterinary sold treat (http://www.royalcanin.ca/index.php/...trition/Veterinary-Care-Nutrition/Medi-Treats) but they are much, much more expensive than Temptations

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Jeapa507, just wondering  how your beautiful Milo, Mimosa and Claire are going. The kittens must be so much  bigger now than when we last saw their photos.  I've been 'off air' for quite awhile (with medical issues), but am keen for an update as I think of them often. I hope they are all well and that you're still really enjoying them 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful little kitty family you have. I think you and your husband are wonderful for giving them a safe and loving home