Strange things about my cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But ether way you are sure my cat is normal right? Not just by guessing? If so is there a way so he doesn't follow me up the stairs or down the stairs since I had stepped on him few times this year and I thought he was crazy since why didn't he eat before I went but if you are saying he is following me how to I make him ether stay behind me or he goes to the top of the stairs way before me then I head up?   Thank you

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought he would learn his lessen by now since I few times stepped on him by mistake and he won't do it again but he doesn't learn.

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well... I don't know your cat as well as you do of course! If you feel that this behavior is different than HIS usual behavior than you could always take him to a vet to see if there is any underlying issues. BUT yes He seems COMPLETELY NORMAL to me. [emoji]128512[/emoji]

I suppose you could put up a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs to stop him from going up...however most cats can jump those. You could also try carrying him up the stairs with you to avoid any accidental stepping on.

As far as the eating goes...your mom had said she has seen him eating on his own when you are not around? So he's fine. He just likes to eat when your around to show he trusts you.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So there is no way for the cat to learn his lesson someday? I guess I might to have to hold him upstairs everytime LOL. But ether way my cat has always been acting like this since I adopted him when he was 7 his now 15 but still the same so maybe he is normal. But are normally cats like Chocolate they love people so much? If so I missed out knowing that for years and my mom too. We always thought dogs are the ones that love people and cats don't care about them much. But if cats are all like this then WoW I guess cats are really like dogs meaning mens best friend also.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat was neutered already when Humane Society found him they said btw.

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes both cats and dogs are mans best friends. Rabbits and horses too! And all have their own unique personalities!

You have been lucky to have such an amazing friend! Wow and 15 years old too! He's a senior already. [emoji]128518[/emoji]

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I know that Chocolate is like 76 years old in human years since his 15 and half now. If he was exactly 15 he would be 74 human years. So ya his older than my mom since my mom is almost 60. My dad is like 62. My only grandparents I have is my grandma on my moms side since both my dads side died and my grandma is 88 now so my cat is close to her age.  I' am 31 now and almost 32 but I look like 23 everyone says since I have a young looking face. I' am pretty tall for being asian since I' am 5 foot 10in tall and weigh 142 pounds so I' am skinny. I' am Japanese American since I was born in Omaha, NE but both my parents are Japanese and born there. My dad been living in Japan since around 2005 since he moved back to Japan. My mom and I live together so far but soon in maybe 5 years or so I will be living on my own but money will be tight since I live off state money since as I said I have OCD, Tics and minor ADD not ADHD. I can speak Japanese well also.

Just letting you guys know my history LOL. But you guys seem to be nice people and I do want to thank you for helping me about my cat that I questioned about him for many years.   :)

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I' am a proud gay guy and have a wonderful boyfriend named Kent I been with for a year and 10 months so far. I can say he said my cat was really meowing a lot and was wondering if he was ok also. I told him that his ok just likes people. But ya he hears my cat meow when I' am talking over the phone also since his loud. LOL

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you just have a very lovey, chatty boy on your hands. Hades follows my boyfriend into the bathroom and meows at him the whole time. Be it bathroom trips or showers, Hades is right there. Some cats just prefer some people's presence. If my boyfriend goes to bed, Hades will often scratch at the bedroom door and meow very loudly (the cats aren't allowed in the bedroom since Hecate sprayed my clean clothes). Honestly, both our cats prefer my boyfriend over me, but I don't let it bother me.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well come to think of it my cat has been more around me than my mom or her boyfriend. They do go to work everyday except weekends but for my mom she works from Tuesday to Friday. I don't work so I' am home mostly since I' am a homebody type guy. My cat will see me the most and be around me so maybe that's why my cat is around me  more overall than my mom or Doug. I don't know if it's possible but can cats tell who's the owner of the cat? Like since I feed my cat and clean litter and stuff can he tell I' am the owner and to give me attention the most? Or is the reason why his around me the most is since I' am home the most? Doug thinks since I' am home a lot that's why my cat is around me the most. If Doug was home more then he would be with him even I' am the one feeding him and caring Chocolate right?

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I asked this originally but I forgot to ask again but for my cat not checking behind me when he rolls his belly is that because of his age and can't make sure nothing is behind him? Like when he gets excited around me he would not even check and just puts his whole weight and roll over and if I don't move my leg he would roll over my feet. I thought maybe that's because he didn't know my feet was there right and made a mistake?

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanting to make sure since now you guys have a good idea how my cat is than when I first posted. I just need to ask every little thing he does and make sure it's normal. Just need to know is he doing this as part of showing me he loves me or is it because of age and can't see what's behind him?   Thank you

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats roll onto their back and show their belly when they trust you. Also, occasionally, to ask for belly rubs. Hades does it, then attacks when you go to pet his soft belly. So, be careful with that one. He doesn't attack hard, just enough to let you know he didn't want a belly rub, he wanted to play.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ya Chocolate does that when his on my bed but just wanted to know about the part when I was standing right by him he would careless and put his whole weight and roll over my feet and didn't know if that was because he didn't know my feet was there or not. I guess at times he does play with my feet when I use my feet to pet his belly but that is when I am sitting down. But for him rolling over my feet without checking is because he trusts me and nothing to do with him not looking around him to make sure nothing is there? He does this when I' am standing not sitting.

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... I don't know. Cats do weird things sometimes. Could be something like he didn't see you there. From what I understand, he's an older boy, so who knows?

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well you know what I actually remember him doing this since at least 4 years ago. I never actually marked the date he started though since as you know I never knew there was a place to ask these questions until recently when I found this forums but I think his been doing this for long time. Just never cared about remember everything till now. So I don't know if Chocolate can't see that my feet was there or not. I know he has good eyes still since he can see bugs that are small in the house and also can hear well. But I don't know why he tends to not know what's behind him.