Strange things about my cat

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They probably don't think about whether it's clothes or skin so long as it smells and feels good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I asked the same thing twice about the rubbing I posted right after you posted. But anyways is my cat looking at me all the time for these years when I thought he was looking behind me? I always looked around behind me and found nothing and thought it was creepy. He meows and looks towards my face but I look behind and see nothing. But I wonder but are cats capable of knowing how to make contact and know to look at the persons face or they just look at the persons legs since they are lower on the ground to get what they want? I just don't know how smart they are since I label them as not dogs since cats are nothing like dogs like cats don't follow you all over and do everything with you. That's the main reason why I asked why does my cat go upstairs and eat every time I go since the only reason why he would do that is since he wants to eat but he goes soo fast upstairs when I heading there and eats and I say if you were that hungry why didn't you go eat before me. He needs to stop this since he has all the time in the world to eat when I was downstairs and it's really dangerous since I have stepped on him few times this year.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well am I right that Dogs and Cats are nothing alike so can't be compared? Although I still wonder about my cat about why he goes upstairs when I happen to go and stuff but what do you guys think he does these things? Or when I go out of the room and go to the bathroom and he goes there so I assumed he was going to use his litter but he doesn't and then I go back to my room and he comes back to my room. Also strange thing is that my cat a lot of times is in the upstairs bathroom when I' am taking a bath even that bathroom has no litter box now that is really strange I think but do you guys know what my cat is doing this?

Thank you for your help so far by the way.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Or is it that maybe he just coincidence that he was right in the bathroom upstairs while I' am taking a bath?  just wondering

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well am I right that Dogs and Cats are nothing alike so can't be compared? Although I still wonder about my cat about why he goes upstairs when I happen to go and stuff but what do you guys think he does these things? Or when I go out of the room and go to the bathroom and he goes there so I assumed he was going to use his litter but he doesn't and then I go back to my room and he comes back to my room. Also strange thing is that my cat a lot of times is in the upstairs bathroom when I' am taking a bath even that bathroom has no litter box now that is really strange I think but do you guys know what my cat is doing this?

Thank you for your help so far by the way.
Cats and dogs do have simularities. They are both your companion, and they want to be with you. Your cat is just following you around to hang out with you.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ya as I said on my other post if my cat was a dog it would be normal but I guess all cats are like dogs just maybe the ones I seen weren't like one.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya as I said on my other post if my cat was a dog it would be normal but I guess all cats are like dogs just maybe the ones I seen weren't like one.
There are some similarities in that they are companion animals. However, all animals are different. All cats are different and all dogs are different. Some cats love to play fetch and some dogs don't. Your cat is perfectly normal.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now after telling my mom about my cat she still thinks you guys misunderstood me about me saying about why when I go to the bathroom he doesn't go or when I go upstairs my cat hurries up and goes to the kitchen and gets. Are you guys sure his following? Is there anyway possible that it's coincidence? All I can say that is if I didn't say about dogs and cats are different you guys were not saying he was following. Maybe it's something else that is wanting my cat to go upstairs or when I go to the downstairs restroom where his litter is he would go and then when I move out he just coincidence needed to go back to my room when I got back to my computer?  Just making sure.   Thank you

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm confused as to what you are trying to figure out.  Are you asking WHY he is following you?  Or are you asking why he is going places when he does?  

I'm not sure what exactly about his behavior is confusing to you, whether he is following you, or why he does things when he does.

It sounded originally like you were asking why he doesn't go to the bathroom when you do, why he eats when he does or why he doesn't eat when you expect him to.  They do things on their own timetable.

And the meowing is that he is trying to communicate with you.  Have you talked to him?

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I just didn't know why when lets say my cat was resting in my room the whole time when I get up he just happens to go upstairs and when I go to the kitchen he starts eating and he had the whole time to do this while I was downstairs. Also like if I want to use the restroom when I' am in my room he would go there and also his litter box is there also so I know why he would go there but he didn't use the litter box so after I use the restroom I waited there so he would go but he doesn't so I ended up going back to my room and got back to my computer but for a while his sitting in the restroom but then goes back to my room or at times in the living room area. I just thought if he had to use the restroom why didn't he go? Also when I go to take a bath or shower he would happen to go upstairs and sometimes be right next the tub which makes no sense since there is no food or anything but I do know he likes to lick the water around the tub but if so why didn't he do it before I got in since I usually take time before I get in after filling the bath tub. 

I can say is the strange thing is that right after he eats his food when his upstairs and then he would be out of the kitchen but when I go back to the kitchen he would come back and eat more or drink his water. I keep thinking why didn't he eat the amount he wanted and drink the water he needed the first time. Also strange thing is that there were times he did this 3 times.

What do you guys think this could be? I tried my best to explain what me and my mom observed.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also for meowing extremely is because of trying to talk to me or just like making noise? Also does cats know when you are giving attention or they just don't know how to look at your face and they just seemed like they are looking at your face or eyes when they want to get something? I sometimes wonder if my cat knows where are my eyes at or face or they just happen to look up towards my face instead of my legs? I would think they just look at my legs since at there height that's what they see.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just need other feedbacks on what they think overall about why my cat is doing certain things like about the bathroom thing.    Thank you

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also my mom has seen my cat eat by himself so she didn't know why he has to eat when I happen to go to the kitchen she thinks it was coincidence.

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat loves to be in the bathroom with me.

She is also very "chatty" she meows a lot to get attention or to tell me to feed her or even when she just wants me to know shes around or coming down the hall. Like "I'm here! Look at me!"

She also follows me when I tell her to come or call her name. Much like a dog.

She is also very cuddly. She will come on the sofa, sit on my chest and rub her face all over mine while purring. She even licks (cleans) my husbands beard when she does this to him. She will even look me straight in the eye when she does this too. Only cat I've ever had that has done this.
I love it. She is super affectionate.

Also she is a stray that we took in only a couple months ago.

All cats have their own personalities. Nothing strange about it.

Last edited:

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That does sound like my cat so I guess he is just like a dog and probably loves me a lot. He also loves any stranger in the house that my cat doesn't even know and meows and rubs them. I never in my life seen a cat like this and my mom never had ether. Maybe Himalayans are all like this? My mom and I never owned a Himalayan I can say that for sure. Is that avatar pic your cat since it does look like mine. My cat is on my avatar on this forums also. My cat is a Himalayan for sure right? Or is he a Siamese? Just making sure.

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know about your cat.
Usually if the cat doesn't have a pedigree it is considered a domestic (cat term for mutt).

My cat is a medium haired pointed domestic. (she was a stray that showed up)
Pointed means that siamese fur coloring...darker ears, feet, and tail.

It's difficult to know the breed without a pedigree or DNA test.

dallaspikachu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well then were you just guessing that my cat is like yours since how Chocolate behaves? Or did you know for sure my cat is normal even you don't know the breed? I thought maybe because of the breed is like yours it does the same thing but does it matter on what breed you get is they are like this? Maybe my whole life and my moms just happened to not meet a cat like this even most cats are like this?

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Breed does play a small part..but it is hard to judge if you don't know the breed of your cat. Is your cat a purebred Pedigree Himalayan for sure?

I had a purebred Himalayan when I was a teen. Most beautiful thing. White with orange points...but she was very private. She wanted attention only when she wanted it. The kind of cat which you can only rub her belly 3 times before she attacks your hand. haha[emoji]128514[/emoji] She would only eat the expensive wet cat foods. She was true royalty. At least she seemed to think so. Lol.

This cat I have now is completely different. MUCH more affectionate. But again I don't know her breed so I have no idea whether it's is her breed or her personal personality.

I have heard that many of the asian cats are more chatty than others.