Strange Foods That Your Cat(s) Like To Eat

colts2broncos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've only had one cat, a calico, with a strange eating habit... all she had to hear was me shucking corn and she would drive me nuts for the greens.  The first time I allowed it, then she barfed all over the house... so the first, was the last time.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here is what my cats like

blanket chicken or any meat off the girll >unseasoned eggs

brandon about anything like balogna ramon noodles <before i found out about garlic etc 

carnation popcorn

bucky  chips any also likes hot fries :/ we cant leave no chip bags laying around

mikaela nutella she stole one lick of it and fell in love lol now when i eat it she goes nuts -_- also egg noodles frozen corn on the cob seriuoly

jazmine peas and tomatoes <before i found out about the tomatoes

marty dog food ,went nuts over the 7+ cat food couldn't kee him away from it so i stopped buying it

gigi steak eggs

katherine anything eggs

VVV dont know that much yet they will beg for food thats in my bowl mostly that is potatoe or pasta

the kittens did go nuts over frozen corn on the cob lol mostly kroger whent nuts

blaziken

kroger

orion

triton

andrew

toothless

sojo

sylvia

sylvester

hiccup

serebi goes nuts for peas lol

past cats before i found out what was bad or not

beauty loved balogna hot dogs lunch meat

sugar friench frys

zane buffer milk

mewlittle hotdogs rice milk

dogs if see some foods on here that is bad that was before i knew about the no's and yes's on food

brisk Pizza ,peas ,carrots,green beans.eggs hot dogs steak,macoroni ,rice ,cheese

badger,eggs hot dogs,cheese

layla eggs hot dogs frozen corn on the cob

thats about as i remember

theres more my animals like but i cant remember right know i rarely give them there fave food anyway will when mewlittle didn't have much longer i thought why not let her have a hotdog everyday she injoyed it but couldn't really swallow it i also let her have some milk

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My almost 4 year old cat likes saltine crackers. My kitten loves paper. I mean REALLY loves it. It is like candy (or crack) to him. Obviously, I can't let him eat paper, so I have to make sure that all paper and paper products are hidden away. I have had to pry his mouth open and take out paper that he was chewing and trying to eat. I pulled out several small wads. If I am reading a book, he will dart across the room and start chewing on the pages and trying to rip them out and eat them

beletje

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is all so strange what cats may eat! My four cats are rarely allowed any human food (for fear of digestion issues), but one found a couple he likes anyway.

Three of them just like cat food and treats, but my 1 year old male cat is obsessed with olive oil, coconut, and most of all BREAD! He begs for bread with his paws and pesters us almost every night for pieces of it. He and his brother also like to smell pineapples.

I used to have two cats who were given uncooked spaghetti to snack on. But for the most part, we have our cats eat their own food.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smokie likes canned shrimp!! LOL And apparently vanilla sandwich cookies. We had a package I left open on my desk to step outside and check the mail... and I came back they were on the floor, 90% gone and little bit had cookie crumbs....... I thought he would be sick but this was 2 weeks ago and he is fine!! LOL

kinksmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kink just loves yoghurt. I can barely keep him away from my face if I eat it sitting on the couch :) he also likes carrots. Haven't tried too many weird things though ;)

kittymominnc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Batty cat LOVES crackers, just plain ole' saltine variety (I buy unsalted).  He can detect the sound of the cracker sleeve from across the house, noise and all, and bolt from a deep sleep and come running, begging. I learned also not to have a burrito within his reach, or anything else from Taco Bell.  He once was 3/4 through a Burrito Supreme, dragging it out of the bag on the counter, carrying it to his bed, and ripping the paper open before I caught him in the act.  He also loves Chili Cheese Fritos, as I found out when he swiped them when an open bag was left out on the kitchen counter.  He never got more than a couple, and now he cannot have them at all because of his stomatitis.  He also loves biscuits.  Basically, anything with a good crunch to it, he's up for, which breaks my heart because those things are absolutely off limits, again due to this stomatitis.

My Maynard hates all people food except for dill pickle potato chips, and he just licks the 'flavoring' off of them.  This is few and far between.

My Devlyn will devour a stick of butter if given the opportunity to do so, and at the very least, if he can get his little paws on it, he's going to sneak in a few licks as fast as he can and then run when he hears me approaching.  "Whatttttttt!! I didn't do nuthin', Mom!"  Uh-huh....

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
...................... I learned also not to have a burrito within his reach, or anything else from Taco Bell.  He once was 3/4 through a Burrito Supreme, dragging it out of the bag on the counter, carrying it to his bed, and ripping the paper open before I caught him in the act.  ........................  Basically, anything with a good crunch to it, he's up for, which breaks my heart because those things are absolutely off limits, again due to this stomatitis.

Excellent!   I love Batty!  and I know how it hurts when you can't give food treats, my boy's had stomatitis too and have to be real strict. 

My Devlyn will devour a stick of butter if given the opportunity to do so, and at the very least, if he can get his little paws on it, he's going to sneak in a few licks as fast as he can and then run when he hears me approaching.  "Whatttttttt!! I didn't do nuthin', Mom!"  Uh-huh....

LOL, that is one look you just can't resist falling for:)

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The new baby LOVES POGOS. we used them without batter to lure him close during the taming process, and he goes nuts for them. Very funny to see him run around with half the stick out either side of his mouth while he chews off that last little bit of meat

He doesn't get them now that he's been brought inside, but he had leftover steak tonight (no spice or sauce) and nearly took a piece of finger with it he was so excited!

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight I had a salad that had banana peppers on it. I don't really care for them, so I pushed them to the side of my plate and Gus jumped up on the table and snatched one. He ran off with it and I expected to find it on the floor and him either getting sick or licking his face. I didn't find it, so I went back to the table and he was up there getting another one! He ate the whole thing before I could get it from him. So weird. I'm afraid he's going to be sick, but he's ok a few hours later.

Willow used to love tomatoes and I gave them to her often before I knew they could be harmful to her.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunder likes to catch little flying bugs and eat them. Tonight my husband is eating green beans and Thunder came and sat to get one and ate it all.

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pushy has always been a big scrounge for people food. Just yesterday he was pawing at me while I ate dried apricots so I gave him one to sniff thinking he'd turn up his nose. Nope, he tried to eat it!

sadie66

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, your cat sounds hilarious, well my granddaughters cat, tigger, hes something else, he eats salad, onions, licks plastic bags as if he was cleaning, himself, loves baked chicken, actually you name it he trys to eat it, i don't like giving my animals people food, i know they deserve a treat but it's really not good for them to eat it all the time , for a special treat once in a while yea, just my opinion, have a great day