Still no baby! Please send baby birthing vibes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, still hanging in here. Maybe the excitement of Superbowl will work. Knowing that this is my child, he probably wants to wait until spring to come out (I hate winter). I have been trying to be Zen like about everything right now saying "he'll come out when he is good and ready", but if my hubby asks 1 more time if I am in labour, I just may have to kill him. He asked me about 40 times yesterday. Like I would hide it from him! Urgh!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Adrienne is a day late with having the baby - was due yesterday and so far, junior has no interest in making his visit out of the warmth of the inside of momma to be... so lets give some "out baby - get out vibes.....".

Go girl.....

Kev

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if im correct america is still behind us and it should be just into sunday now?
ARE YOU IN LABOUR??

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

if im correct america is still behind us and it should be just into sunday now?
ARE YOU IN LABOUR??
Ady is six hours behind us.

I hope the wait isn't too much longer, and wish you an easy time!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just did a walk around the block. I have been told that 1st babies are notoriously late. Everyone I know is giving me horror stories of being 7-14 days past their due date. I think if I have to wait that much longer I will go stark raving mad!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TTMom

Uh--make the most of your "me" time right now because that totally disappears. Oh, and it's been 4 months and I still look and pretty much feel pregnant.

After two weeks of living in hotels in Hampshire, they serve you HUGE breakfasts, dinners are spent in the restaurant and evening meals in the pub - (I have no will power to say no!!) I look very pregnant!!! I know its not possible but I have piled on the lbs this last two weeks, I figure I must look 10 months pregnant!!

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They'll induce you before you hit 40 weeks because the babies tend to decline if they're in there past then. At least you're saving your hosptial bill! With Jamison so early we're sure the bill was huge and are not looking forward to seeing what insurance does with it.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come on little one!!
We are waiting for you to show your cute little face!! Hang in there, I am sure it'll be any day now

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ady, I've continued been sending out those C'MON AND JOIN US IN THE WORLD, BABY! vibes! I was worried I'd missed it. But we certainly can't have a stark raving mad Ady, so - C'MON BABY!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no baby yet! Went to get an ultrasound yesterday to make sure everything was alright. Baby is fine (just over 8 pounds), just being stubborn. The ultrasound dude was great - very informative. He said the baby's head was down, but not engaged - still had about 3 centimetres before he is fully engaged in the pelvic bone. He is definately a boy (hubby didn't get to see the "evidence" the last time and wasn't 100% convinced until he saw it this time). I am leaking a little amniontic fluid, but not enough to be concerned. Placenta is in a good place. It is just a matter of waiting. I went to my doctor right after and she said that if I don't have him by Sunday Feb 13, then I will be induced at 41 weeks on Feb 14th. So it seems like I will have a Valentine's day baby. I have now had suggestions to name him Valentino or Romeo or, from my sister, Al, as in Al Capone for the Valentine's day massacre. I don't think I will choose any of those name.

I promise to keep everyone updated!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TTMom

They'll induce you before you hit 40 weeks because the babies tend to decline if they're in there past then. At least you're saving your hosptial bill! With Jamison so early we're sure the bill was huge and are not looking forward to seeing what insurance does with it.
We are lucky that in Canada we have publicly funded health care, so I won't have to pay for anything but the hospital room and that will be covered by work benefits!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you're ready for him to get here, but I think it would be great if you had him on Valentine's day.....that's my mom's Birthday too!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I am leaking a little amniontic fluid, but not enough to be concerned.
Addy, I hope what you mean is that the amount of amniotic fluid around the baby was seen to be slightly decreased, and not that you are truly leaking amniotic fluid...women with ruptured (a leak counts as a rupture, even if it's slight and a slow leak) membranes are not allowed to sit for a few days to a week waiting to see if labor begins. I guess I should ask current l&d nurses on this board, of which there is at least one, if standards of care have changed this much in 9 years??

Is this something you discussed (the leaking of fluid) with your doctor?

And no, I'd not bring this up unless it was, imo, very important.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Addy, I hope what you mean is that the amount of amniotic fluid around the baby was seen to be slightly decreased, and not that you are truly leaking amniotic fluid...women with ruptured (a leak counts as a rupture, even if it's slight and a slow leak) membranes are not allowed to sit for a few days to a week waiting to see if labor begins. I guess I should ask current l&d nurses on this board, of which there is at least one, if standards of care have changed this much in 9 years??

Is this something you discussed (the leaking of fluid) with your doctor?

And no, I'd not bring this up unless it was, imo, very important.
Yup - my doctor checked it out yesterday. The tech said it was a leak, the docotr said it was a decrease, so I am having to monitor it. If there is any increase I head right to the hospital (which is only 10 minutes away). The doctor said if I have any questions or concerns to just come on in and see her.